Official The TCF 2nd Anniversary Shindig!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. I'm screwed. Ajidot or Izz or Bunce or someother artist will win. Artists are going to take 1st, 2nd and third.
Just because art is easier and much faster to give an opinion about, doesn't mean that they're a direct win.

Just like last year, I expect the judges to really take the time to read all the poems / stories as well before they can give their overall opinion about.

Will there be honorable mentions? And can we please have categories next competition because the contest is so damn impossible to win unless you're an artist?

Will there be honorable mentions? And can we please have categories next competition because the contest is so damn impossible to win unless you're an artist?
That's a very premature conclusion. I suggest we first await the results. :)

I will however say this, and I was going to mention this anyway, but I've noticed that there have been significantly less submissions this year than the last year. Now, I suppose this can be largely explained by the activity spike caused by 1.3, but I also think that the lack of categories and the emphasis on creativity discourages people from entering something 'generic' or 'obvious'. Thoughts?

I will however say this, and I was going to mention this anyway, but I've noticed that there have been significantly less submissions this year than the last year. Now, I suppose this can be largely explained by the activity spike caused by 1.3, but I also think that the lack of categories and the emphasis on creativity discourages people from entering something 'generic' or 'obvious'. Thoughts?
IMO, the reason people aren't entering this year as much is because there isn't as big a prize as last year.

imo the event this time round was less advertised, so people don't know about it. I didn't see any advertisement for it outside of the forum itself (whereas last time it was on Steam news and Facebook and maybe other social media places that I didn't join iirc).

Another point may be that the topic is way too flexible. A more specific topic can ironically spark more creativity because you then have something to work with.

All this just imo.

So which two people can I blame for removing their entry and therefore pushing my mine to the bottom of the page? :)

(Seriously though, no fair, I waited literal hours until my entry would no longer be hidden in a last post... Guess that's karma or something?)

I sure hope this shindig isn't over yet! Watch as I bring an idea of mine and have it work against my favor, celebrating the spirit I regained for this wonderful game and its community, still growing strong as time goes. `:happy:
Destroyer.png

Now those promo images make a lot more sense now.

Just for clarity's sake, you should probably let people know that you didn't specifically make the map, but used an existing map in Garry's mod in order to create the picture. The models too, if they're not yours.

Unless of course, you're the original creator of that map. In which case, that's quite a coincidence, and I applaud you on a job well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom