tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I think its pretty obvious when you look at the four Soul Forge item sets, that they kind of reek of ancient Thorium Mod tAPI qualities. They definitely need an overhaul and more attention put into them. Like, the demon blood's weapons effect is just the set bonus of the palladium gear pretty much. Harbinger and Berserker may seem too gimmicky as well... The issue with gimmicks a lot of times is that they either aren't worth the trouble or are too good. Its hard to find a balance some times. But since next update is all about fixing these issues, I'm gonna have to put some serious thinking into these sets and what I had hoped they would have accomplished besides just being another armor set...

But if you guys have some interesting ideas revolving around their central theme, but would make them more viable/interesting/useful, why not throw them my way?

My ideas for the Berserker set: Make it geared much more around being for a berserker, someone who would benefit the longer they stayed in combat. You could potentially make the set bonus gives an infinitely stacking buff every time you hit an enemy with a melee weapon, and for each stack have it give 1.5% increased melee damage. The stack would get refreshed every time you hit an enemy, and would stick around for 4 seconds before expiring. (if you don't refresh it)

For the Harbringer set: The whole "Mana Overcharge" idea is pretty neat, but it could use some touchups. People may want to use their mana up quickly to avoid the debuff, but perhaps add a large magic damage + magic crit chance buff while you have the overcharged debuff?

For the Demon Blood set: You may want to make it a very tanky set if the Berserker is going to be more of a melee speed/damage oriented armor set. You could move over the damage reduction per piece, and have the full set give 40% Damage Resist, enemies are much more likely to target you, and your movement speed is incredibly reduced.

For the Dread Set: As said by General Milky, I feel like it should be focusing a lot more on it's insane movement speed to really deal huge amounts of burst-damage. Maybe make the weapons have a huge use time so that it could only be used once every few seconds, but have it deal a huge amount of damage. (If possible, Percent Missing Health damage could also be a cool addon for them.) This way they would sit out of harm's way, dash in, deal a huge amount of damage, and go back to a safe spot.

Also, Summoners I feel fall off a bit before Moon Lord. The best option you have for taking him down is the Life Bloom set, but I was dissapointed about how there is no concentrated thorium tier set for them.

For the Harbringer set: The whole "Mana Overcharge" idea is pretty neat, but it could use some touchups. People may want to use their mana up quickly to avoid the debuff, but perhaps add a large magic damage + magic crit chance buff while you have the overcharged debuff?

Not got a lot of time so I didn't read all of your post, but it does this. While you are overcharged, you have a huuuge damage bonus.

Eviscerating Claws seem to be affected by massive gravity. They fall instantly after throwing, making it pretty much impossible for normal thrower use.

Also, it should be spelled "Apothecary's [Color] Vial" and "Vein Buster" (Currently "-ies", "vile" and "vien".)

Last edited:
So I got Enchanted Barrier and I noticed one thing, that this spell have duration, I think its annoying to click that book every 2 mins, is it necessary to have duration? Maybe I just picky here :D

I Don't mind having the duration on the spell.
I only see the EB as a means of protection rather than a weapon.
If you look at the other barrier spells throughout other games [FF being one] they have a type of duration till they turn off.
Also I think it's more of a balanced aspect for the spell rather than a permanent spell.

-=Edit=-

I'm wondering did they change how the Thunder Bird now attacks?
Cause before it was doable as a mage, now it's nearly impossible to fight.
So I'm uncertain if I'll ever go pass the Thunder Bird boss as it is now.

Last edited:
I'm wondering did they change how the Thunder Bird now attacks?
Cause before it was doable as a mage, now it's nearly impossible to fight.
So I'm uncertain if I'll ever go pass the Thunder Bird boss as it is now.
It shouldn't be any harder than its ever been... If you aren't trying to cheese it... No more hiding under blocks! That bird will roast your :red:!

Im also not much of a fan of the harbinger's and demon blood set bonuses
Harbinger can give you a short lasting, stacking buff in damage at the cost of life regen (eventually draining your hp) when you hit/damage an enemy.
For Demon Blood, whenever you take damage (over 2, so it can synergize with the staff but not be cheesed) your lost blood turns into an orb that will attack a nearby enemy and steal a small amount of hp (1-3) that is then returned to you

Im also not much of a fan of the harbinger's and demon blood set bonuses
Harbinger can give you a short lasting, stacking buff in damage at the cost of life regen (eventually draining your hp) when you hit/damage an enemy.
For Demon Blood, whenever you take damage (over 2, so it can synergize with the staff but not be cheesed) your lost blood turns into an orb that will attack a nearby enemy and steal a small amount of hp (1-3) that is then returned to you
What if for the demon blood set, getting hurt summons homing, life stealing orbs. But it summons 1/4 as many orbs as you took damage? So 100 damage = 25 homing life stealers. I imagine I would only make them heal 1 each...

What if for the demon blood set, getting hurt summons homing, life stealing orbs. But it summons 1/4 as many orbs as you took damage? So 100 damage = 25 homing life stealers. I imagine I would only make them heal 1 each...
While amazing that uh...sounds like a quick method of lagging out the game. Also that would entirely depend on getting beat on to make a lot of use of. Maybe for Demon Blood instead you could have its effect act as a double edged sword? When hit it drains the enemy to drop blood that heal you for a quarter of the damage it dealt?

I hope the sprite isn't too big/small for the projectile, i tried to make it similar in color to the demon blood set:
L8oKLLD.png
i made it a bit more blood-red and based it on the shape of blood, added some spiral-y things if it were to spin,

Forgive me if it's already a well known issue, but the spell Enchanted Barrier appears to always cause knockback to the right. Works great when something is coming at you from the right, but if something touches the left shield it's launched into you and you're practically guaranteed to take damage. Is this as intented?

Using version 1.2.6.24

I have a question what pickaxe % power is needed to mine the Molten Ore?
I have the Enforced Thorium Pax, is this good enough for that type of ore?
Also what's a good strategy for the Thunder Bird seeing that it's been changed?

I have a question what pickaxe % power is needed to mine the Molten Ore?
I have the Enforced Thorium Pax, is this good enough for that type of ore?
Also what's a good strategy for the Thunder Bird seeing that it's been changed?
Gold/Platinum pick axe is good enough for magma ore, so the enforced Thorium pax is fine. As for the thunder bird, just move back and forth, hopping over his tornadoes. Or, make a really long platform bridge, that way you can avoid the tornadoes entirely, and just worry about the feathers.

Forgive me if it's already a well known issue, but the spell Enchanted Barrier appears to always cause knockback to the right. Works great when something is coming at you from the right, but if something touches the left shield it's launched into you and you're practically guaranteed to take damage. Is this as intented?

Using version 1.2.6.24
This was the type of fix you requested, right?
Animation_zpsnatbr6sj.gif

Back
Top Bottom