tModLoader The Thorium Mod

What's the next magic based armor after the Jungle/Ancient Cobalt Armor set?
Cause the only boss I need now is Skeletron?
Oh having wings and the Jungle's Wrath staff your able to wreck the Thunderbird boss easily, not to mention the Eater of Worlds.
Oh btw what's the % chance of getting a good enchant for a bow?
Cause after the 4th treasure bag off the bird I got the Unreal Talon Burst bow from it, also the trophy.

How do you coded the Items that Revives you?
If i make

if (player.statLife < 10)
It only Gives health if you Under 10 HP,but not if your Under it C:
i just want to detect that the PLayer life is at 0,and then Heal him

So how do you detect the Death of the Player?

Code:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.Graphics.Effects;
using Terraria.Graphics.Shaders;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace SpiritMod.Items.PhoenixFeather
{
    public class PhoenixFeather : ModItem
    {

public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            item.name = "Phoenix Feather";
            item.width = 28;
            item.height = 20;
            item.toolTip = "Rise up from the Flames!";
            item.value = 10;
            item.rare = 10;
            item.accessory = true;
        }      
        public override void UpdateAccessory(Player player, bool hideVisual)
        {
            {
                if (player.statLife < 100)
                {
                    player.statLife += 100;
                    player.HealEffect(100);
                }
                else
                {
                    return;
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

(I know that i currently have it on healing if under 100 Live,Just for testing its effect)

Last edited:
Well I know that having 38 defense isn't good enough for Skeletron.
Got it down to the head and killed me with the skulls it spits out cause my potions was on cool down.
And what's odd is that after beating Eater of Worlds no meteors fell.
What could cause it?

Hey diverman Sam u know that there is sturdy fossil and u can use it to make fossil armour a throwing armour I was thinking, could u add probably another thrower set after killing the wall of flesh like chlorophyte in the jungle but instead maybe a new thrower ser in only the desert or snow biome.
[doublepost=1463472747][/doublepost]U can use the new ores to make weapons, armour and possibly tools and maybe use materials like ectoplasm ore even like spider fangs. That would be amazing if u would add that, If you're confused I mean like use ectoplasm or spider fangs to make stronger weapons with the new ore like chlorophyte use turtle shell to make turtle armour
[doublepost=1463472884,1463472747][/doublepost]I got the names if u put the ore only in the desert it would be called dinostone if u put the new ore only in the snow biome it would be call icebergium or iciclium also I said the new ore is like chlorophyte so it only spawns in either the desert or the snow biome but u get to choose which biome it should be bye I hope u like the names

Well I know that having 38 defense isn't good enough for Skeletron.
Got it down to the head and killed me with the skulls it spits out cause my potions was on cool down.
And what's odd is that after beating Eater of Worlds no meteors fell.
What could cause it?

Wings, wings, wings. Expert Skeletron is hard, tough, and other such words like that, but the inclusion of prehardmode wings makes it possible to beat him with any setup you desire. Just keep flying circles around him, if you can take out his hands, he should never hit you again so long as you just keep the cycle going.

Hey diverman Sam u know that there is sturdy fossil and u can use it to make fossil armour a throwing armour I was thinking, could u add probably another thrower set after killing the wall of flesh like chlorophyte in the jungle but instead maybe a new thrower ser in only the desert or snow biome.
[doublepost=1463472747][/doublepost]U can use the new ores to make weapons, armour and possibly tools and maybe use materials like ectoplasm ore even like spider fangs. That would be amazing if u would add that, If you're confused I mean like use ectoplasm or spider fangs to make stronger weapons with the new ore like chlorophyte use turtle shell to make turtle armour
[doublepost=1463472884,1463472747][/doublepost]I got the names if u put the ore only in the desert it would be called dinostone if u put the new ore only in the snow biome it would be call icebergium or iciclium also I said the new ore is like chlorophyte so it only spawns in either the desert or the snow biome but u get to choose which biome it should be bye I hope u like the names

There IS a throwing set after the fossil one. More than one, even. One tied to a fancy new boss, too, and come to think of it I'm pretty sure these very same expanded throwing gear uses spider fangs and ectoplasm in its ammunition.

There IS a throwing set after the fossil one. More than one, even. One tied to a fancy new boss, too, and come to think of it I'm pretty sure these very same expanded throwing gear uses spider fangs and ectoplasm in its ammunition.

No I mean like using spider fangs and ectoplasm with the new ore to make better weapons like chlorophyte is used with ectoplasm, glowing mushroom and turtle shell to make better armour but I would like another boss like plantera in the jungle maybe a boss like plantera in the desert or in the snow biome and maybe MORE GOLEMS!

Hi! I really love this mod, it's just the best one I have played so far.

I have a (probably) noob question that bothers me however. Since 1.3.1 is coming out soon, should I be afraid of my worlds? I mean, the 1.3.1 will add some items, like yellow wire and stuff, and is there a risk that they will overwrite the ID of Thorium items when the 1.3.1 version of the mod will come out?

Hi! I really love this mod, it's just the best one I have played so far.

I have a (probably) noob question that bothers me however. Since 1.3.1 is coming out soon, should I be afraid of my worlds? I mean, the 1.3.1 will add some items, like yellow wire and stuff, and is there a risk that they will overwrite the ID of Thorium items when the 1.3.1 version of the mod will come out?

in tmodloaer you dont use IDs like 1,2,3,4

Mostly you just use Names
Only if you use something from Vannila you use sometimes ids
For Sounds etc

So, any tips for WoF, i'm doing a yoyo playthrough.
I mean, the new Yoyo made from Amazon + Malaise/Artery + Valor + Cascade ( forgot the damn name :s ), Molten set, buffs: Heartreach, Iron skin, regen, swiftness,rage and ale. Is there anything else that I can use in WoF fight.
Accessories: Obsidian Shield, Firestorm Boots, Counterweight, Yoyo String and Heart of Atis from Tremor (or Regen Band).
So..?!

I mean, the new Yoyo made from Amazon + Malaise/Artery + Valor + Cascade ( forgot the damn name :s ), Molten set, buffs: Heartreach, Iron skin, regen, swiftness,rage and ale. Is there anything else that I can use in WoF fight.
Accessories: Obsidian Shield, Firestorm Boots, Counterweight, Yoyo String and Heart of Atis from Tremor (or Regen Band).
So..?!
Do you have good Modifiers on your Weapons and Accessoires?

Hey Sam, I've been playing your mod, but I think there's something weird with Ragnarök's ranger armor, please take a look:
The damages of bows and guns don't change when I switch between the Master Marksman's Helmet and the Master Arbalest Hood. Also, the Master Arbalest Hood applies cursed flame to enemies and sometimes instantly kills them instead of what the tooltip says.
I think the Hood is doing what the Helmet supposed to do...
I am using the 1.2.6.24 version BTW.

I mean, the new Yoyo made from Amazon + Malaise/Artery + Valor + Cascade ( forgot the damn name :s ), Molten set, buffs: Heartreach, Iron skin, regen, swiftness, rage and ale. Is there anything else that I can use in WoF fight.
So..?!
You could also make a combat potion, a blood rush potion and a grinding stone could help as well. With certain playthroughs you really need to prep the boss, so a really long, well campfired/heart lanterned WoF bridge would be optimal. Other than those options, I think you would want to use the Darksteel armor or possibly the Granite armor.
[doublepost=1463493041,1463492875][/doublepost]
The damages of bows and guns don't change when I switch between the Master Marksman's Helmet and the Master Arbalest Hood. Also, the Master Arbalest Hood applies cursed flame to enemies and sometimes instantly kills them instead of what the tooltip says. I think the Hood is doing what the Helmet supposed to do...
Looking through my code doesnt leave me to believe that to be the case for the set bonuses, but your right about the arrow/bullet damage. Testing the set bonuses out in game, its doing what its supposed to... Huh

Can you Answer my Question pls?
I need to know these for an Item i make C:

I Repost it here C:

How do you coded the Items that Revives you?
If i make

if (player.statLife < 10)
It only Gives health if you Under 10 HP,but not if your Under it C:
i just want to detect that the PLayer life is at 0,and then Heal him

So how do you detect the Death of the Player?

Code:
using System;
using Microsoft.Xna.Framework;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.Graphics.Effects;
using Terraria.Graphics.Shaders;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace SpiritMod.Items.PhoenixFeather
{
    public class PhoenixFeather : ModItem
    {

public override void SetDefaults()
        {
            item.name = "Phoenix Feather";
            item.width = 28;
            item.height = 20;
            item.toolTip = "Rise up from the Flames!";
            item.value = 10;
            item.rare = 10;
            item.accessory = true;
        }      
        public override void UpdateAccessory(Player player, bool hideVisual)
        {
            {
                if (player.statLife < 100)
                {
                    player.statLife += 100;
                    player.HealEffect(100);
                }
                else
                {
                    return;
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

(I know that i currently have it on healing if under 100 Live,Just for testing its effect)

Coding an effect like that requires far more than a simple Accessory.cs. Do you know how to use ModPlayer and modded buffs correctly?

I can make Buffs a Bit C:
Nevr done that with ModPlayer C:

Then its that hard,i can give another one off th Mod team that Revive Itm C:
then you dont need to tell how C:

but thanks for the answer

well, it turns out im not very good at expert, so i may stick to normal mode until i can "git gud", meanwhile i might restart my world and just do a normal ranged playthrough, hopefully without 7 blood moons in a row beginning from the first night!

and at least this time i should be able to use the danger duelshot without it firing above or below the cursor :)

also im thinking that pre-hardmode could maybe have some sort of bow with similar properties to the phantasm, not its insane projectile spawning, but rather, its fire rate build up mechanic, of course the bow shouldn't have too much damage, something like 15-18, and possibly as maybe a drop?
come to think of it, i just thought of a name and the possibility of where it could drop:

Hot Shot
18 Ranged Damage
20 use time (reduces down to 11 over time while firing)
Red rarity
Uses any arrows
Drops from hell bats with a 3% chance.

Back
Top Bottom