tModLoader The Thorium Mod

i don't know if it's my computer, but the sand storm claymore's projectile is hurting me instead of the enemy
Make sure you have version 1.2.6.24.

I may give up on my ranger and make a melee character.
Seems like the stopping off point is skeletron.
There are the Night's edge inspired bows, which help you take down the wall. There's also the harpy pelter, which is pretty dang strong. After WoF, there are plenty of thorium mod ranger options too.

divermansam I have a couple of boss ideas 4 u. first is the basilisk which is a post-plantera corruption boss like the eater of worlds, and the monstrous flesh, which is the crimson variant of the basilisk. it's a combination of the boc and ocram. also some armour set ideas, such as prism armour, which is crafted by prism shards, which are crafted using 1 concentrated thorium, 1 geode, 3 crystal shards, 5 souls of light. also the cyber armour which is crafted using supercharged granite cores, which are crafted using 1 concentrated thorium, 1 granite energy core, 1 strange plating, 5 smooth granite blocks. as well as the godly armour set which is crafted using mythic Greek fragments which are crafted using 1 concentrated thorium, 1 bronze alloy fragment, 1 arcane dust, 5 smooth marble blocks. I would also like to see mech armour in this mod which would be crafted like: 5 strange plating, 1 mechanical wheel piece, 20 souls of sight for the helmet, and basically the same for the others except swap out the wheel piece for battery piece and swap out souls of sight for fright for the leggings, and swap out battery piece for cart piece and swap out souls of fright for might for the chestplate. basically how the hallowed armour used to be crafted except no adamantite, cobalt and mythril armour, and added strange plating and mechanical minecart pieces. the set bonus would be randomly shoots lasers at enemies. also, why is there no demon blood rocket launcher? there's a dread launcher. why do u not balance the crimson and corruption? also can u buff the terrarian armour? its supposed to be this really op endgame armour but its only 20 defense for each of the armour set. its supposed to be madein expert mode but its trash in expert mode. Volvo plz buff

The Soul Cleaver's killing enemies consecutively will release Soul Fragments does not work in multiplayer. Although the ability is kinda weak when the fight certain bosses like the Moon lord, as the Moon lord doesn't really spawn any mobs to kill.
Also the Buccaneer's Blunderbuss is still bugged in multiplayer with only one of the bullets doing damage

An idea just hit me. How does the idea of having Lich cough up a pumpkin moon medallion sound? I was thinking about how I'm going to handle Plantera now that Twin's Ire probably isn't going to just straight up carry my stupid :red: through it, and started mining chlorophyte and kind of hoping for a solar eclipse so I can make me so broken hero sword items. This then had me thinking a bit forward and reminded me; ever since Frost Moon was put in the game, and arguably even before, pumpkin moon's not really had much of a point. The two events are accessed at the exact same time, but Frost Moon just pays out better. I realize the only reason I'd do pumpkin moon is to snag those trophies for my museum, and MAYBE for the summoner accessories if I whim to go that route.

Bottom line is, pumpkin moon, in the context of vanilla, has sort of been orphaned and overshadowed by the event that actually gives you good things. Being able to access it early through a related spook may make some of that gear more attractive, and it seems to be about chlorophyte/lich tier anyways. Horseman's blade is sidegrade to this scythe, statwise. The only real 'progression breakers' would be summoner boosts (although they sort of need it, I don't think there's a summon armor since Spider even in Thorium by this point), spooky wings being rather good (but ultimately not too much of a game changer in underground jungle/the dungeon, it'd make Duke Fishron sequence breaks easier though) and bat staff being kind of awesome. On the other hand, normal mode would crack right open. Maybe have an alt pumpkin moon medalion recipe using lich cloth and all 3 mech souls?

Last edited:
An idea just hit me. How does the idea of having Lich cough up a pumpkin moon medallion sound? I was thinking about how I'm going to handle Plantera now that Twin's Ire probably isn't going to just straight up carry my stupid :red: through it, and started mining chlorophyte and kind of hoping for a solar eclipse so I can make me so broken hero sword items. This then had me thinking a bit forward and reminded me; ever since Frost Moon was put in the game, and arguably even before, pumpkin moon's not really had much of a point. The two events are accessed at the exact same time, but Frost Moon just pays out better. I realize the only reason I'd do pumpkin moon is to snag those trophies for my museum, and MAYBE for the summoner accessories if I whim to go that route.

Bottom line is, pumpkin moon, in the context of vanilla, has sort of been orphaned and overshadowed by the event that actually gives you good things. Being able to access it early through a related spook may make some of that gear more attractive, and it seems to be about chlorophyte/lich tier anyways. Horseman's blade is sidegrade to this scythe, statwise. The only real 'progression breakers' would be summoner boosts (although they sort of need it, I don't think there's a summon armor since Spider even in Thorium by this point), spooky wings being rather good (but ultimately not too much of a game changer in underground jungle/the dungeon, it'd make Duke Fishron sequence breaks easier though) and bat staff being kind of awesome. On the other hand, normal mode would crack right open. Maybe have an alt pumpkin moon medalion recipe using lich cloth and all 3 mech souls?
that's a really good idea

Anyone know how to get the soul stone for Necromancer's soul? It says nothing about it in the content and I can't figure it out for the life of me.

Is the Boreal Strider something that actually exists? The only discussion I can find on it is from April 1st, and my friend and I just spent something like two or three days of rain in a snow biome with water candles to no avail.

Is the Boreal Strider something that actually exists? The only discussion I can find on it is from April 1st, and my friend and I just spent something like two or three days of rain in a snow biome with water candles to no avail.
It certainly does exist and I think only appears in hard mode after a mech boss is defeated? Or maybe it was Plantera. I'm not entirely sure but yeah. So long as it's like a blizzard out there it should definitely spawn. Although being Multiplayer I wouldn't be surprised if it bugged out.

Yes, it spawns after all 3 mechanical bosses have been defeated during the blizzard. I had to learn the hard way.

Some inconsistencies to fix:

Dread Hammer is not made at a soul forge, but a mythril anvil.

EVERYTHING in the demon blood set is only 5 shards to craft. Seems like overlooked placeholders.

I'll be trying these out in the coming play sessions. Sit around and do some moon events and solar eclipses, farm some boss trophies I missed, checking the four of these out as I go.

Edit: Went and did a Golem kill, a plantera kill, and pumpkin moon/solar eclipse depending with each. I realize I'll never get a great opinion of any of them like this unless I more or less dedicate a character around them, because the different armors could have interesting combos with other sets' weapons, but here's I can see at a glimpse;

Berserker Armor is much better, but the berserker ARROWS are still total monsters. When used with the berserker bow, it's an ammo eating stream of death, but it's when you use the arrows with a weapon like Tsunami or Chlorophyte Shotbow that the true might of these arrows come out. Long story short, seeing damage numbers as high as 3 or 4 hundred out of a single RANGED attack, being pumped out at megashark speeds, is too much. It's absolutely incredible, and in the bad way, because the melee weapons kind of suck. I'd really suggest just getting rid of the arrows, and making it a usual "this bow turns wooden arrows into berserker arrows" because half the problems from them come from loading them into other bows. The scaling is also a bit high, too.

Harbinger is one I couldn't really test well, but it looks really, really fun now. It's sheer destruction, but unlike berserker arrows, actually has downsides. You may not WANT to constantly be in hyper mode, in fact doing so kind of got me killed everywhere and I got absolutely nothing done. More suitable accessories would have helped out a ton, as would potions to better control my mana supply, but that was crazy.

Demon Blood is probably the most underwhelming set, but it's good. It reminds me a bit of spectre armor, in that it's not very strong, but very safe. I used this one the most, being the first set I completed, and was unimpressed with... well, pretty much ALL the weapons. I ended up using a bunch of other gear instead. Long story short, the on-hit bonus of the weapons isn't very good. It would be if it lasted a bit longer, but as it stands none of the weapons can really attack fast enough to keep it up, especially when you really want it. The bow is slow, the sword is random, and the spear is hard to use. The staff also drains too much life on use, casting it about 3 times in a row can very easily see you losing a huge chunk of your life, and if you've been taking damage at the same time, that's no good at all.

Dread is probably the best of them all right now. The movement speed is insane. Double at LEAST of even the terrarium boots. You could base the entire armor off that alone, but not content to stop there, it just keeps on giving. A shortsword with a good piercing, aimed projectile (the broadsword is worse in every way for some reason. Why?) that fires ludicrously fast while in the set, pretty decent defense, and works very, very well with weapons like terra blade or true silver's fang.

TLDR version; harbinger is crazy and extreme and I can't get a good read on it, berserker is good, its arrows godlike (and melee kinda bad, at least within its own set) demon blood makes for great survivability but its weapons have an unnoticable gimmick, and dread literally leaves everything else in the dust with unparalleled evasion potential and great melee boosting capabilities. Makes me wonder a bit how it all stacks up to vanilla stuff.

I'm gonna have to replay a few more times in class specialized runs, aren't I?

Last edited:
Amazing feedback
I think its pretty obvious when you look at the four Soul Forge item sets, that they kind of reek of ancient Thorium Mod tAPI qualities. They definitely need an overhaul and more attention put into them. Like, the demon blood's weapons effect is just the set bonus of the palladium gear pretty much. Harbinger and Berserker may seem too gimmicky as well... The issue with gimmicks a lot of times is that they either aren't worth the trouble or are too good. Its hard to find a balance some times. But since next update is all about fixing these issues, I'm gonna have to put some serious thinking into these sets and what I had hoped they would have accomplished besides just being another armor set...

But if you guys have some interesting ideas revolving around their central theme, but would make them more viable/interesting/useful, why not throw them my way?

May have been a bit off the mark with saying that the scaling on berserker arrows was a "bit" high.

http://puu.sh/oTTb0/702957c819.jpg

Demonic Berserker bow, berserker arrows, avenger emblem. That's 4 digit numbers you're seein'. These things are busted as hell. I'm gonna try a damage focused build on Tsunami now.

http://puu.sh/oTUil/d0a60a74c9.jpg

Poor Duke. Looks like the berserker arrows don't really multiply damage so much as they do just add onto it, yeah?

Back
Top Bottom