tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I had an easy time killing it, but for some reason I couldn't defend against it for :red:. I've been using worm scarf + 2 regen-buffing equips, and a cross necklace, with a full set of dragon armor. Still has been killing me in about 5 hits or so. I might try fighting it with palladium. Still, I can't see how flesh armor is good unless it's got some crazy-awesome set bonus. It's defense is terrible and it's buffs aren't great.

Anyways, I'm just ignoring it for now. I've already beat the three mechanical bosses, so anything I could get from it is probably obsolete at this point.

I had an easy time killing it, but for some reason I couldn't defend against it for :red:. I've been using worm scarf + 2 regen-buffing equips, and a cross necklace, with a full set of dragon armor. Still has been killing me in about 5 hits or so. I might try fighting it with palladium. Still, I can't see how flesh armor is good unless it's got some crazy-awesome set bonus. It's defense is terrible and it's buffs aren't great.

Anyways, I'm just ignoring it for now. I've already beat the three mechanical bosses, so anything I could get from it is probably obsolete at this point.
CLOCKWORK ASSAULT RIFLE, CYRSTAL BULLETS + FLESH ARMOR THE FLESS WILL FALL GIVING U HP AND GET LEAF WINGS:redmunch:

I have dragon wings, and I'm using a golden slime gun because it does ichor + 40-ish damage and requires no ammo. when he gets in melee range I whip out my sword which does ~90 dmg at very fast speed. I'm just not fast enough to avoid his charge attacks. More regen would be helpful though.
Anyways, as I said, there's not much point in fighting it at this stage.

So Sam I got the Frost armor very early in hardmode by using fishing and frost cores and when I am finally able to craft a soul forge after defeating the mechanical bosses it turns out frost armor is better than Titan and Mechanical weapons better than the titan ones.

For me, sorry if i mistake, but last armor for summon is very bad if we compare with life bloom armor , no? Or just because in solo you take all damage... maybe. Or i have bad stuff also... (4 summons items + worm scarf and mount fishron, summons: UFO , weapon: molten banner + vorter beater) , i have beat before last boss with life bloom, but with set pyromancer for summon, pillar kill me xD.

So, you have a idea how i go my stuff? :x

Thank you and sorry if i have mistake my sentence, i do not talk english.

And thank you for this big mod, i wait very with impatience, the fix of the multi.

That's debatable. Titan's strength isn't in its stats so much as it is in the auxillery effects, immunity to knockback and extended invuln time open accessory slots up for other effects. Not to mention, titan IIRC is jack of all trades, boosting ALL types of damage, which is pretty wonderful.

Well, I find Titan Armor (especially with Helmet) pretty cool for multi-class playthrough. It gives 15% all damage as a set bonus along with 10% crit chance for all weapons. Also you can drop of the Cross Necklace (and even a shield of lack of immunity to fire blocks, or debuffs in case of Ankh Shield) opens you 2 more accrssory slot - you can get the Avenger Emblem for example to boost your damage, maybe Charm of Myths for safety or Phylactery for additional minions and lifesaving passive? It opens lots of new builds. I actually used it until I obtained the Terrarium gear in my 1st playthrough. Definitely worth it IMHO.

Last edited:
Guide to Expert Throwing does not duplicate javelin or bone javelin damage
I believe that's because, strangely enough, those items projectiles aren't listed as throwing damage in the vanilla code. Weird right...?
[doublepost=1464873732,1464873203][/doublepost]Okay, quick little patch fellas

Included
- Updated to tModLoader 0.8.1.1
- Multiplayer NPC disappearances should be drastically reduced
- Expert Fallen Beholders will now allow Valadium and Lodestone Ore Generation
- The Shade Kusarigama will no longer stun bosses
- Additional minion spawns will no longer de-spawn the UFO Turret

How about a stardust minion banner? Could be a nice upgrade to the battle banner.
Speaking about the battle banner, it seems broken with the stardust dragon as it goes from doing almost 500 damage to 110 damage. My guess is it removes the dragons damage multiplier with more segments.

How about a stardust minion banner? Could be a nice upgrade to the battle banner.
Speaking about the battle banner, it seems broken with the stardust dragon as it goes from doing almost 500 damage to 110 damage. My guess is it removes the dragons damage multiplier with more segments.
I just fixed that stardust dragon issue. I'll consider a stardust banner... ;)

Here is a bug i found. On multiplayer me and my friend killed the Grand Thunder Bird once and it went well but the next time we tried to summon it, it did not summon.

Here is a bug i found. On multiplayer me and my friend killed the Grand Thunder Bird once and it went well but the next time we tried to summon it, it did not summon.

That's part of the multiplayer de-spawn issue that is going on, thorium has taken care of most of the issue but its also an issue with tmodloader that is being worked on.

Note: No bosses of this mod after that first summon will show up

Ok, thank you for answering
I can't really play multiplayer but have you considered perhaps using Cheat Sheet to try and summon the boss in multiplayer? I don't know if that would fix the issue or not but if it does that means you can still re-fight bosses and just trash the boss summon material after each attempt.

I can't really play multiplayer but have you considered perhaps using Cheat Sheet to try and summon the boss in multiplayer? I don't know if that would fix the issue or not but if it does that means you can still re-fight bosses and just trash the boss summon material after each attempt.

Pretty sure the second thing that happens in multiplayer would still occur, which is if u attack it with vanilla items (sometimes the mod items too) it will disappear anyway.

Pretty sure the second thing that happens in multiplayer would still occur, which is if u attack it with vanilla items (sometimes the mod items too) it will disappear anyway.
I wonder if the game has some kind of odd way of dealing with bosses a second time around. Like most bosses tend to flip switches in the game to record them being killed before. Like for instance the Eye will spawn if you haven't killed it but won't if you have. Maybe that's the reason bosses act weirdly the second time around?

Back
Top Bottom