tModLoader The Thorium Mod

I think its coming to that point fellas. Thorium interest is coming to a close, with players seeking different content than what I aimed to provide. It's natural for a community's interest to shift after all. I believe next update will be my last substantial one, with any new ones primarily being bug fixes and optimizations. I wanna thank you guys for sticking with me as long as you did, it means more to me than you can imagine.

Regardless, new update guys, please enjoy.

1.4.3.2 Change log
-Click Here-
Well, guess it's time to say it... this mod has been the very thing that got me back into Terraria: I did class restricted runs, I did the yo-yoer challenge (never again), I started an expert mode run... and I dropped it mid-way 'cus I got bored of doing the same things and crafting the same items over and over. then I saw Happydays' modded series and,most particulary, the Thorium ones; and so I decided to download tMod (and go through some file management awkwardness), and when I restarted with your mod, I felt it, I felt the same uncontainable excitement I felt when I picked up Terraria for the first time. I loved each and every moment of the gameplay you refreshed, I loved all the new additions, the bosses were all challenging and fun and never unfair, every enemy and every item was just right, and the Aquatic Depths were so well made I can be sure that if I showed them to a Terraria newbie they'd think it's vanilla stuff! Then there was the Healer, I was so curious to see how it worked that I went against the ideal it was birthed as and played it in solo using it as every other class...and I loved it (the DPS wasn't the best but I mean, it was never meant to be a powerhouse so...ehh). I delved into every section of the wiki, I tried close-to-all the items there were, especially the donator items which are all amazing. And then there was the Bard, an even more creative way to play the game, with no hesitation I picked it up and went all the way to the final boss. All I can say 'bout it is: gorgeous. what I'm trying to say is that even now that I have done everything there was to possibly tinker with in this mod, even now that I have moved to another mod of the "big three", I can't stop thinking about how fun the experience you provided to me was: I'll never forget the curiosity I had when I saw the new drops, the tension in my muscles when I clutched the Ragnarok as a mage, the fun I had with the new items, one over all the others being the Magik staff and the Black items. All I can say to conclude is... I don't know, all things must end soon or later, and sometimes is for the best, but I never felt like this mod was failing in its purpose, Thorium's Objective has always been to "respark your love for Terraria", with me it surely worked: if it wasn't for you, I would have never made an account for the forums and I would have probably never come back to this game, but that's not how things went, you've hit the mark that you've set for your project: you resparked my love for Terraria and... here I am, going back and forth between the various mod threads, giving my opinion about modders needing some slack, what are the do's and dont's for a good mod, helping out the dudes of Antiaris to do what they never did with Tremor, giving moral support to an exhausted MountainDrew tired sick of being the toy of a fanbase that doesn't understand all the work behind and even giving my own contribute to this place by writing strories in the literature forum; I couldn't be more of a Terraria enthusiast even if I tried! And it's all thanks to you, DivermanSam, you think that the people are changing, and you're not wrong, people are changing, but Thorium, the brainchild of your heart and soul, will never miss its mark: resparking people's love for Terraria, I'm sure others will agree on this.

That being said, Have a merry day, and never lose your greatness,
KBite

Last edited:
I think its coming to that point fellas. Thorium interest is coming to a close, with players seeking different content than what I aimed to provide. It's natural for a community's interest to shift after all. I believe next update will be my last substantial one, with any new ones primarily being bug fixes and optimizations. I wanna thank you guys for sticking with me as long as you did, it means more to me than you can imagine.

Regardless, new update guys, please enjoy.

1.4.3.2 Change log
-Click Here-
This mod is the core of modding and people are loving your mod. When you quit the mod because of people low interest of your mod, i was quite shocked to see. When i was downloading your mod, it's was amazing experience, there are some high quality sprites which is great for mods, 2 new unique classes (Bard and the Healer). I used some of the bard stuff and it's was awesome, the bard weapons are fun and it's all music based class which the other mods don't have. I didn't try the Healer because some of the item need more players on multiplayer and i not interested on that class but some of the items are really cool. The mod has TONS of content to discover like 1600+ items, 54 armor sets,110 enemies, 10 npcs and 10 bosses to defeat. The items are AWESOME, especially the donate items. The weapons are really cool like the umbrella weapon and the spear tip. Some armor sets are cool to the looks and the bonuses to the armor sets are really unique and have buffs. The Bosses are the core reasons why the mod is great. The AI is fit for Terraria standards as well for the sprites, the final boss is the best boss in this mod, it's have some rewards which is really cool and the AI is really hard for a final boss. Overall this mod is a masterpiece, it's like the Mona Lisa of mods and you DivermanSam are Leonardo Da Vinci of Terraria. This mod is fit for Terraria as a really big content update. So you are leaving the mod and I'm OK with you, i really miss you and other people too miss you, you are a god of modding and you made people having a different experience of Terraria also you make people happy. This mod is one of the top mods to play and recommend to people. Do everyone a favor never lose your creativity and greatness of modding.

God Speed DivermanSam. We wish you a great life.

Love from TheDankOne and the Terraria Community.

one question; I haven't played with this mod in a while, in multiplayer, did you make the abyssion shell actually balanced? if you are a warrior and use it so enemies focus you more with turtle armor, the other players can just easily take the mobs from far away without taking any hits and it can be quite frustating in multiplayer because of it.

Yes I know i can just not use it but I wish it had some like way so it doesn't enemies target you more in multiplayer and heals you less or soemthing

Hi i have a question for any summoners expert mode or if you know any tips anyway, i have a good wide arena, one i used for the twins, i added sunflowers to stop other mobs from spawning and i have heart lanterns, campfires all the way through and 2 drops of honey, i added a platform the same width as the arena so i could grapple up and down from the lich and dodge it and i have my spawn point set to the nurse where i can heal right under the arena Armor: Life Bloom armor full set Weapons i am using is :Beholders staff, distress caller, mortar staff, void lance and Strange skull(or Gaster blasters) (i have a trapdoor to get back up). So my problem is i have fought the lich twice (expert mode) and failed because of his last phase when he keeps regenerating health because of that Phylactery and i keep dying on the second phase since i cant get him below 10000 health because he keeps regenerating and i'm wondering if anyone has any tips on what to do, i make sure to destroy the Pyhlactery first then attack him but its not working he constantly regenerates, i haven't used potions because the only difference they would make for me that would be useful while fighting the lich is damage bonuses since i already have the nurse to heal me (with all mech bosses i didn't use pots and still killed them,just had nurse), if anyone knows how i could get him down before he regenerates all his health that would be appreciated thanks.Also if you want to know my accessories they are : warding firestorm boots, armored frost wings, warding shield of ctuhlu, warding worm scarf, warding devils carapace and armored phylactery, i have 6minion slots including bewitching table(sorry if you got bored reading my comment)

Hi i have a question for any summoners expert mode or if you know any tips anyway, i have a good wide arena, one i used for the twins, i added sunflowers to stop other mobs from spawning and i have heart lanterns, campfires all the way through and 2 drops of honey, i added a platform the same width as the arena so i could grapple up and down from the lich and dodge it and i have my spawn point set to the nurse where i can heal right under the arena Armor: Life Bloom armor full set Weapons i am using is :Beholders staff, distress caller, mortar staff, void lance and Strange skull(or Gaster blasters) (i have a trapdoor to get back up). So my problem is i have fought the lich twice (expert mode) and failed because of his last phase when he keeps regenerating health because of that Phylactery and i keep dying on the second phase since i cant get him below 10000 health because he keeps regenerating and i'm wondering if anyone has any tips on what to do, i make sure to destroy the Pyhlactery first then attack him but its not working he constantly regenerates, i haven't used potions because the only difference they would make for me that would be useful while fighting the lich is damage bonuses since i already have the nurse to heal me (with all mech bosses i didn't use pots and still killed them,just had nurse), if anyone knows how i could get him down before he regenerates all his health that would be appreciated thanks.Also if you want to know my accessories they are : warding firestorm boots, armored frost wings, warding shield of ctuhlu, warding worm scarf, warding devils carapace and armored phylactery, i have 6minion slots including bewitching table(sorry if you got bored reading my comment)
alright, summoners have 1 thing about them that make them strong, the initial summon is what counts, get a bunch of accessories that boost damage, put it on, summon your minions, then switch to defense and mobility gear, it helps because summons don't update their damage after you summon them, this is just a tip for any summoner, modded or otherwise

alright, summoners have 1 thing about them that make them strong, the initial summon is what counts, get a bunch of accessories that boost damage, put it on, summon your minions, then switch to defense and mobility gear, it helps because summons don't update their damage after you summon them, this is just a tip for any summoner, modded or otherwise
thank you, guess i'll be trying this after school, its my first summoner anyway modded or vanilla lol Edit: So ill use a moon charm i got from a blood moon, make another necromancers soul, get another minotaur skull equip them then summon my 3beholders then switch back to my other accessories, if this fails ill try again with potions otherwise ill have to thing of other tactics, its like i need to get 5000 damage in 1hit lol it regens health so fast, also theres no summoner guides for lich which is annoying Edit: i'm about to face him again, i'm gonna try optic staff this time

Last edited:
oh well i tried again but still lost, made a couple of potions, it seems impossible tbh i did a bit better this time tho Edit: if anyone has beat lich summoner please tell me how and what gear, accessories and weapons you used, it feels IMPOSSIBLE Edit: should i hire the weapons master or does he suck? Edit again lol: ok this was my fourth try i actually got pretty close just died coz he killed my nurse :(, just gonna make potions now for defense so i can tank a bit, also thanks Tektonik for your help, i think i got him the next night now i also might put the dryad up there so i get defence boost

Last edited:
Y'know, I'm not in a hurry to shuffle Sam off the Thorium coil. Maybe he's wrapping it up, maybe he didn't realize how big a deal Thorium is to Terraria players and how impressed they are with his work even still. I'm hoping he decides to stick around after all this cheering, maybe does some more neat things with the mod and all. Personally, I was driven off Terraria by forum mod abuse, but Thorium is one of the major reasons I came back... not just as an expansion of content for the game, but as a demonstration of how much more it could do, and how accessible the modding environment is. I'm modding my first game now, learning a bit of code for the first time since floppy disks were relevant, and having more and more ideas as I go, and a lot of that has to do with Thorium. It's an excellent piece of work.

this mod is part of the reason I am trying to make my own mod now, I am still in the beginning stages, and I have no idea how long it will be until it is released, but I hope to follow in the footsteps of Thorium and make my mod revolve around vanilla gear alongside new items and armor from my mod

this mod is part of the reason I am trying to make my own mod now, I am still in the beginning stages, and I have no idea how long it will be until it is released, but I hope to follow in the footsteps of Thorium and make my mod revolve around vanilla gear alongside new items and armor from my mod
I wish you good luck then, who knows, maybe it will be Thorium's spiritual successor:happy:
in the meantime, I will keep on cherishing the adventures I had with you all

I have discovered that when installed along side the "Spirit Mod" some recipes conflict, I am unable to craft some pre-hard gear requiring silk especially as well as the plague doctor torso and legs. This is a fantastic mod and I hope to see that it along with the Spirit mod are able to be run fully together with no issues.

I've just made an account to come post here, seeing as you're halting updates to content for this mod. My friend and myself just finished playing through your mod for the first time after using a couple other ones and we were absolutely blown away with how much unique content it added and I just wanted to take a sec to say thanks for the fun times you provided us, I appreciate it.

i think it would be cool if the demon blood badge and Ocean's retaliation could be combined, since they both fit the "Get hit and retaliate" premise. it would also add a third section to those crafting trees, something that i feel that they lack.

might be a bit overpowered though...
other ideas: bee booties + honeycomb + hive pack (maybe bee + honey makes one then upgraded by hive pack), Ninja emblem + The complete set, Jade gauntlet + Enchanted Emerald Ring, Slag Stompers + Spiked Stompers, Ogre sandals + Crash boots, all 4 previous items combined. (SS, SS, OS, CS)

Last edited:
hey if anyone has beat ragnarok expert mode summoner could i have some tips please, thanks i'm finding him pretty hard if you'd like to know i made a bubble arena, where you use duke fishrons mount and go in the honey & water in the bubbles and fight like that, im using The Incubator as my weapon and am gonna use stardust dragon this time for the fight(i used cells last time) my accessories are (they all have warding) Celestial shell, master ninja gear, phylactery,worm scarf, (the previous fight i had wings and firestorm boots on but now im going to get Yuma's pendent and use spore sack, Might change something else for spore sack, i also have the nurse to magic mirror to when i need healing, i have campfires, heart lanterns and the giant bubble dips of honey and yeah thats pretty much it, suggest any potions if you want

Last edited:
hey if anyone has beat ragnarok expert mode summoner could i have some tips please, thanks i'm finding him pretty hard if you'd like to know i made a bubble arena, where you use duke fishrons mount and go in the honey & water in the bubbles and fight like that, im using The Incubator as my weapon and am gonna use stardust dragon this time for the fight(i used cells last time) my accessories are (they all have warding) Celestial shell, master ninja gear, phylactery,worm scarf, (the previous fight i had wings and firestorm boots on but now im going to get Yuma's pendent and use spore sack, Might change something else for spore sack, i also have the nurse to magic mirror to when i need healing, i have campfires, heart lanterns and the giant bubble dips of honey and yeah thats pretty much it, suggest any potions if you want
Ragnarok can despawn easily, so magic mirroring away is not a good idea, anyways, if you are doing this on expert, I would advise adding fargos mutants and souls mod and getting the conjorist soul since it is the ultimate summoner accessory, if not, then you should go all in on number of minions still, also, the stardust cells are the way to go since they attack all 3 fairly evenly, and if you damage 1 of them too much over the others, it goes into berserk mode, also, you have the right idea with the fishron mount, it allows you to take off all mobility items since they don't affect the mount, if you are in water when you summon the minions they are stronger, and of course, I told you last time, using 2 sets of accessories, one for damage, and one for defense is the strongest thing a summoner can do
EDIT- you should also use the lunar portal sentry, it might not do a lot to the 3 forms, but it can decimate dying reality if it gets too close to it

Back
Top Bottom