• PC NEWS: 1.4.2.3 update is out! More info here. Report bugs here
  • Journey's End on Xbox and PlayStation!: Get all the info by clicking here. A new patch is in QA - expect some Gamepad love, the return of Red's Pick and more. Click here for Known Issues and FAQ. For any other bugs, report them (with as much detail as possible) here.
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Xylia

Terrarian
While I apologize for going off-topic earlier in the thread, I just wanted to take a quick moment to mention a thread I just started here:

link removed by staff

To continue the conversation about inflated numbers and another game that does balance in a very nice way, but keeps the numbers low but yet still lets you feel like you're getting more powerful as you go.

That way we can continue that conversation over there without spamming this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

darthmorf

Staff member
While I apologize for going off-topic earlier in the thread, I just wanted to take a quick moment to mention a thread I just started here:

link removed by staff

To continue the conversation about inflated numbers and another game that does balance in a very nice way, but keeps the numbers low but yet still lets you feel like you're getting more powerful as you go.

That way we can continue that conversation over there without spamming this thread.
I've removed the link as I don't think that's really related, the discussion is about a different game. Please don't advertise unrelated threads unless there's a real reason. Unit One has already asked you to move on.

So.... What plans does Thorium have to keep Throwing when (if) 1.4 TML gets here? I respect that you guys didn't just conform to ranged/melee and want to keep throwing as a class.
I'm going to assume your going to make use of the upcoming modded damage type system that TML is bringing? I hope so.

Koopahunter197

Spazmatism
So.... What plans does Thorium have to keep Throwing when (if) 1.4 TML gets here? I respect that you guys didn't just conform to ranged/melee and want to keep throwing as a class.
I'm going to assume your going to make use of the upcoming modded damage type system that TML is bringing? I hope so.
afaik their Throwing is already internally its own damage type, so I'd assume not much would change.
Also TML 1.4 will get there, apparently they're just struggling to get everything up and running without a plague of bugs.

Ah, I see. They'll probably continue building on that code then, since TML 1.4 will retain the basic thrower code.
No, it won't, I asked this myself: Reintegrating throwing into 1.4 TMODLoader? · Issue #915 · tModLoader/tModLoader this counts as adding removed content which isn't TML's job and is also against the rules of modding Terraria

What they're (TML) planning to do instead is add a built-in custom damage type system, and people can make a new thrower class out of that
I assume Diverman has a plan regarding this, just whatever he does I hope he keeps throwing a unified class.

Koopahunter197

Spazmatism
No, it won't, I asked this myself: Reintegrating throwing into 1.4 TMODLoader? · Issue #915 · tModLoader/tModLoader this counts as adding removed content which isn't TML's job and is also against the rules of modding Terraria

What they're (TML) planning to do instead is add a built-in custom damage type system, and people can make a new thrower class out of that
I assume Diverman has a plan regarding this, just whatever he does I hope he keeps throwing a unified class.
About that, they had actually changed their minds. From the start they were allowed to keep it in, but someone wanted to remove it at some point. Now, they've gone back to keeping it in. I actually just asked Ozzatron - who is actively helping out with the TML damage class stuff - just to make sure and he said they'll be keeping the universal throwing code. Pretty sure this is to make sure several mods trying to re-add thrower don't start infinitely conflicting with each other.

TheLoneGamer

Steampunker
About that, they had actually changed their minds. From the start they were allowed to keep it in, but someone wanted to remove it at some point. Now, they've gone back to keeping it in. I actually just asked Ozzatron - who is actively helping out with the TML damage class stuff - just to make sure and he said they'll be keeping the universal throwing code. Pretty sure this is to make sure several mods trying to re-add thrower don't start infinitely conflicting with each other.
I really hope this is the case, because I too heard multiple times they were not adding throwing damage code, but I haven't kept up with this as of late. This would be much better for not only Thorium, but numerous 1.3 mods that have throwing content in, since a lot of them will be ported to 1.4. One unified damage would be better than every mod with non-ranged damage throwing weapons having its own throwing damage (like Calamity's Rogue). There's already a bunch of throwing emblems in mods, including this one.

dloopie

Terrarian
I'd like to ask, PLEASE give an option to disable the timing based weapons for bard, they're incredibly annoying to use in my opinion, and if not that at least an option to disable the sounds, or the timer in general.

Nibbsterr

Terrarian
So not sure why but after your update an hour ago it broke other mods (Fargo's Soul mod specifically)

Someone else has made a more detailed post on the corresponding mod's page

Thanks!

Domrinth

Terrarian
Probably has to do with Thorium removing some things that were used in Fargo's Thorium Enchantments?
Yeah, they said it removed/changed recipes in some of Fargo's mods. They suggested to Fargo's Soul mod users to either disable or downgrade Thorium while they work on a hotfix on their end.

Kience Frostmar

Terrarian
Where can i find Thorium version 1.6.3.13, the current update broke Fargo's souls compatibility and i was hoping to still use both mods while we wait for a fix from the fargo's souls team

Last edited:
Where can i find Thorium version 1.6.3.13, the current update broke Fargo's souls compatibility and i was hoping to still use both mods while we wait for a fix from the fargo's souls team

It's right here, friend.

Also, many thanks to the Thorium team for working on fixing this issue (and obviously creating this mod in the first place, lol). Your mod and Fargo's are both fantastic and absolute must-haves in my book, and I imagine, that of many others.

Kience Frostmar

Terrarian
It's right here, friend.

Also, many thanks to the Thorium team for working on fixing this issue (and obviously creating this mod in the first place, lol). Your mod and Fargo's are both fantastic and absolute must-haves in my book, and I imagine, that of many others.
Thank you kindly

Top Bottom