tModLoader The Thorium Mod

Dang it I was so excited for your reply xD @DivermanSam
But I accept the like :)
Well I do have something similar to a dynamite explosion in the works, but it might be a different effect than a fiery explosion. The Blacksmith will sell pre-hardmode bars after you've killed the 3 mechanical bosses, and there is an early summoner armor set for the jungle. The stardust/corrupter dragon isn't something I can realistically see myself accomplishing though, sorry... :sigh:

Well I do have something similar to a dynamite explosion in the works, but it might be a different effect than a fiery explosion. The Blacksmith will sell pre-hardmode bars after you've killed the 3 mechanical bosses, and there is an early summoner armor set for the jungle. The stardust/corrupter dragon isn't something I can realistically see myself accomplishing though, sorry... :sigh:
Yay it worked you replied :p

I am excited.
so what do I need for that jungle armor?
Don't worry about the dragon thing my ideas are usually too ridiculous anyway :)

Originally, you would obtain it with jungle spores, grass seeds and vines and it would make the bloom bulb armor set. But after some thinking, the jungle already has a summoner set doesn't it, the Bee set... I'll still try to make a new early summoner set, but I think the bloom bulb set might be used for rangers or mages somehow...

Originally, you would obtain it with jungle spores, grass seeds and vines and it would make the bloom bulb armor set. But after some thinking, the jungle already has a summoner set doesn't it, the Bee set... I'll still try to make a new early summoner set, but I think the bloom bulb set might be used for rangers or mages somehow...
What if you made a set out of silk and something else? Like maybe Silk and wood? Could place it just under bee armor so that it could be upgraded into it but it would also be easy enough and early enough to provide a small benefit to Summoners.

Okay, so tell me the logistics behind adding another demention into Terraira? I know it's probably not possible, but id like to know why..

Yes definitely a little earlier than bee. Maybe some ant armor from the underground desert? Or fish :p

What if you made a set out of silk and something else? Like maybe Silk and wood? Could place it just under bee armor so that it could be upgraded into it but it would also be easy enough and early enough to provide a small benefit to Summoners.
I did have a silk set, and I could give it a summoner variant hood...
[DOUBLEPOST=1456529800,1456529645][/DOUBLEPOST]
Okay, so tell me the logistics behind adding another demention into Terraira? I know it's probably not possible, but id like to know why..
You might get a better answer from the guys on the tModLoader thread, but I think its just how Vanilla Terraria is coded. I imagine if you tampered with it enough, you could create separate "worlds" in this case to function as alternate dimensions, but you would have to go beyond just tModLoader and start messing with Terraria's Source code. Its not impossible, but out of my ability range for sure.

May I ask what is planned for the next update?
Like just catching up on the tapi content or more or less :)
The main goal is to catch up in terms of content, with the occasional new item thrown in. But said content wont usually be the same. I'm talking graphical and effect changes to be way more enjoyable for the player, you can see these changes taking place in to the inferno staff, jungles wrath and high tide. After I've pretty much brought over everything from the tAPI version, that's when I'll focus all of my attention on some more fun, new, and unique content.

But to directly answer your question, I think this next update will have more tAPI content, rather than new content, but it wont be completely devoid of it. That's the plan anyway.

In fact, you can see some of this unique content in this additonal video I made. Please excuse its awfulness...
- Click Here -

The main goal is to catch up in terms of content, with the occasional new item thrown in. But said content wont usually be the same. I'm talking graphical and effect changes to be way more enjoyable for the player, you can see these changes taking place in to the inferno staff, jungles wrath and high tide. After I've pretty much brought over everything from the tAPI version, that's when I'll focus all of my attention on some more fun, new, and unique content.

But to directly answer your question, I think this next update will have more tAPI content, rather than new content, but it wont be completely devoid of it. That's the plan anyway.

In fact, you can see some of this unique content in this additonal video I made. Please excuse its awfulness...
- Click Here -
Thank you Sam :D and I do love the high tide so fun to watch it xD

Edit: your videos are always nice :p

Where can I inquire about adding different dimensions into terraria? I know I have to talk to the tMod guys but where do I do that?

Hey, Ethan again. I was getting ready to play some modded Terraria with a couple of pals when one reported some errors occurring with The Thorium Mod. As far as I can tell, it's not with the mod itself, but rather with the way the sound is being used. Terraria sounds already refuse to work on his computer (sound & ambient sliders have no effect on sound, music slider just resets back to 0% whenever he changes it, we haven't found a fix), and I'm guessing that's what's causing it, as no one else has the problem. Here's the report:

An unexpected error has occurred.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.AllocateFormatAndData(Byte[] format, Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.LoadMod(TmodFile modFile, BuildProperties properties)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.LoadMods()

Any ideas?

(and yes, this is my exact post from the tModLoader thread. I just don't know who to send it to, as it's a general issue that involves a mod...)

Oh man. I justs aw the first page and noticed you've finished a whole bunch of stuff already. Two more armor sets to go? Also with ore generation does that mean you got the biomes and such to work too? So should we be expecting a huuuuge update coming soon for ores and armors and such?

Oh man. I justs aw the first page and noticed you've finished a whole bunch of stuff already. Two more armor sets to go? Also with ore generation does that mean you got the biomes and such to work too? So should we be expecting a huuuuge update coming soon for ores and armors and such?
Ore generation is possible through defeating a boss or mob not world generation yet

Back
Top Bottom