tModLoader The Thorium Mod

hey, me and my friend are making a world and playing together with this mod installed, but everytime one of us tries to join the other, for one it will say "Found server" and a couple seconds later for the other it'll say "Lost connection.." so how exactly do we solve this?

er, I believe your hosting the server wrong, You must go to the terraria and host via IP with the TMODLOADERSERVER
otherwise its a tmodloader issue, cheers :)

For those who have been following this mod for a while I need some clarification. I just got into modded Terraria and got this mod and tremor. I used the cheat sheet mod to check out the end game armor, hoping that these mods added some additional tiers I could grind out.

To my disappoint only the Terrarium armor is even close to solar armor. What gives? Is the developer working on a higher tier armor set or is that usually not tackled by the modding community because it's hard to balance?

Just looking for some clarification from someone in the know.

For those who have been following this mod for a while I need some clarification. I just got into modded Terraria and got this mod and tremor. I used the cheat sheet mod to check out the end game armor, hoping that these mods added some additional tiers I could grind out.

To my disappoint only the Terrarium armor is even close to solar armor. What gives? Is the developer working on a higher tier armor set or is that usually not tackled by the modding community because it's hard to balance?

Ordinarily most mods don't create armor/weapons for after the moon lord (With the exception of mods trying to make post-moonlord content) so most armor/weapons tend to be made/balanced for up to that point.

Ordinarily most mods don't create armor/weapons for after the moon lord (With the exception of mods trying to make post-moonlord content) so most armor/weapons tend to be made/balanced for up to that point.

Thanks for the response! That's too bad, the armor tiers are what I like the most.

Probably not quite the place to ask but do you know of any released post content moonlord mods?

All the ones I found look to be abandoned and unreleased.

Thanks for the response! That's too bad, the armor tiers are what I like the most.

Probably not quite the place to ask but do you know of any released post content moonlord mods?

All the ones I found look to be abandoned and unreleased.
As of right now? None so far. I know there's a couple of mods that are currently working towards them though. I think limitations on tmodloader is the main reason. However once that gets up and going and able to make the magic happen quite a few mods will likely be gearing towards post-moonlord content.

er, I believe your hosting the server wrong, You must go to the terraria and host via IP with the TMODLOADERSERVER
otherwise its a tmodloader issue, cheers :)
so using the standard server port is fine? also, what does forwarding port do?

Hey, this is a great mod, i have done two playthroughs with it and it is still fun, but there are a two problems with it.

1. The harbinger armor set bonus makes playing the game a bit tedious in that i have to shoot my mage weapon all the time so that i will not burn in my opinion. You can just wear a mage helmet instead of the harbinger helmet and have nearly the same effect without the set bonus

2. The feral armor takes way too long to farm for, it took me about two blood moons and one full moon just to get 15 fur

While I'll agree that getting the fur set was made a little too time consuming, I think having bursts of +75% magic damage and 46% magical crit chance is a small price to pay for losing some health. I have increased the drop chance of the tails, and lowered the amount necessary to make them in the next update, but I'm not sure if I'm going to change the Harbinger's set bonus. I might make the health tick down slower, but I think it should stay.

Most of these mods, like Thorium, are still porting many content from TApi or another mod system from prior to 1.2's system. The highest stuff there was like... Duke Fishron and the Hardmode Dungeon. With 1.3, there was suddenly a new tier that no mod was anywhere near close, so extra work is needed to ADD to that new tier. As a result, most mods still are trying to finish adding all the old content before the new content.

While I'll agree that getting the fur set was made a little too time consuming, I think having bursts of +75% magic damage and 46% magical crit chance is a small price to pay for losing some health. I have increased the drop chance of the tails, and lowered the amount necessary to make them in the next update, but I'm not sure if I'm going to change the Harbinger's set bonus. I might make the health tick down slower, but I think it should stay.

SOooo uhhh about that terrarium armor. Any chance to reduce the particle effects of the Spirits"?

Hello, i'm back! Well, i finally kinda fixed the problem i was having, and i think the main cause of it was the lack of any audio-reproducing hardware connected to my pc. It came right when i broke my headphone, and it got fixed when i bought a new one. I guess the mod REQUIRES some kind of audio hardware connected to the pc to work? Maybe. Well, just came here to make things clear!

The error was the following:
External component has thrown an exception.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.AllocateFormatAndData(Byte[] format, Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.LoadMod(TmodFile modFile, BuildProperties properties)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.LoadMods()

I'd like to request a fix with the White Knight armour set. The little summoned cubes that regen your mana are great and all, but they hit things so fast that you can hardly get a hit in every few seconds, even with a weapon like Dragon's Breath. Maybe give you a single, slower hitting ally who regens more mana per hit. ;)

hello! I got this error about your mod..i ASSUME it means I'm running way too many mods..at at 11 mods at once..i can see how that would be the problem..here it is

Insufficient memory to continue the execution of the program.
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Helpers.GetExceptionFromResult(UInt32 result)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.AllocateFormatAndData(Byte[] format, Byte[] data, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect..ctor(Stream stream)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.SoundEffect.FromStream(Stream stream)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.LoadMod(TmodFile modFile, BuildProperties properties)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.LoadMods()

edit: I now realize it mentions nothing about thorium? but it was the problem...oh well :3

another edit: disabled a few mods..began playing..decided to delete my old characters/worlds..noticed they wouldn't delete for some reason..made a new character/world..and the game crashed while loading the world...well this isn't good

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom