tModLoader The Thorium Mod

You could try not sequence breaking. <3

I don't think it's Thorium's job to radically alter the base game, just expand on it. It's on you to practice restraint on rushing the best stuff as fast as possible.
Yeah, I guess that's something I should nag the Terraria devs about, not Diver. But the game practically gives me that sequence break on a silver plate... I'm still working on getting the fishing quests achievement, so I'd be getting Reaver Sharks by accident anyway.

Either way, I agree it's not Thorium's role to change this... Making this change in Thorium would generate hundreds of panic posts from kids who type in low caps and can't read the OP. :/

It's not Diver's fault either if all of his Jungle content can become unavailable in a flash when entering Hardmode, simply because the vanilla game keeps on generating the Corruption stripe smack dab in the middle of it. Doesn't mean he has to fix it, it's not his fault, and it can be fixed by making save backups and beating the WoF over and over again, until Hallow finally generates on the Jungle's side.

Hell, the other day I had a world that generated so low, it didn't even have a surface Jungle. Finding Underground Houses on the "surface" can be practical, but being attacked by Hornets isn't.

So, yeah, dismiss what I said, and keep on doing God's work, Diver. I particularly appreciate your Thrower expansion. I find the vanilla ones useful, especially the Javelin, and I have high hopes that I'll be able to keep on using Throwing weapons well into Hardmode thanks to you.

ok, time to ask questions (because im bored and im waiting for zadum to fix the lightning boots recipe, and no i wont use cheat sheet):

1. what plans do you have for the next content update? like the possibilty of more post moon-lord content? or maybe even the creation of a new biome?

2. would it be ok for you to be able to add some sort of reasoning to explore the ice biome? as even though it can have good gear, the ice biome is completely obsolete in terms of progression both in thorium, and vanilla, so maybe perhaps a mob drop that can be used to summon a boss? or even a ore to make stuff with.

3. could you maybe add shadow scales/tissue samples to the thorium revolver recipe? as it is a decently powerful weapon that can be made pre-EoC, and that it can spawn the arms dealer, which should not really spawn until after the corrupt/crimson boss is defeated.

4. bit of a silly question really, but maybe the idea of a pre-hardmode equivalent to the solar eruption would be possible?

ok, time to ask questions (because im bored and im waiting for zadum to fix the lightning boots recipe, and no i wont use cheat sheet):

1. what plans do you have for the next content update? like the possibilty of more post moon-lord content? or maybe even the creation of a new biome?

2. would it be ok for you to be able to add some sort of reasoning to explore the ice biome? as even though it can have good gear, the ice biome is completely obsolete in terms of progression both in thorium, and vanilla, so maybe perhaps a mob drop that can be used to summon a boss? or even a ore to make stuff with.

3. could you maybe add shadow scales/tissue samples to the thorium revolver recipe? as it is a decently powerful weapon that can be made pre-EoC, and that it can spawn the arms dealer, which should not really spawn until after the corrupt/crimson boss is defeated.

4. bit of a silly question really, but maybe the idea of a pre-hardmode equivalent to the solar eruption would be possible?

1. I'd like to know this as much as the next, but surprises are fun!
  2. There is an ice tier set that is fairly nice in the early game...but takes a little more grinding than it's worth, maybe? There's also a mini-boss with unique drops in Hardmode.
  3. This I agree to, but I'd personally make it an upgrade to the Flintlock. Either way, though, buffing the tier guns a little and making them unable to break progression would be appreciated.
  4. How would you balance that? It's a really powerful weapon.

So can anyone tell me what their experience is like using this mod with multiplayer?

I've been wanting to play this mod with a few friends for a while but I heard about all the multiplayer issues so I've just been waiting for fixes and such

1. I'd like to know this as much as the next, but surprises are fun!
  2. There is an ice tier set that is fairly nice in the early game...but takes a little more grinding than it's worth, maybe? There's also a mini-boss with unique drops in Hardmode.
  3. This I agree to, but I'd personally make it an upgrade to the Flintlock. Either way, though, buffing the tier guns a little and making them unable to break progression would be appreciated.
  4. How would you balance that? It's a really powerful weapon.
yea i laready know about the ice stuff and the boreal strider, its just, none of that is even required for progression, where as every other biome has some form of progression (underground for ores, corrupt/crimson for orbs/hearts and alters for hardmode, ocean for fishron, yes i class that as progression, jungle for plantera the temple and chlorophyte, underworld for activating hardmode, sky for getting wings, the dungeon for skeletron/cultist) the ice biome has no form of progression for anything like that, not even any bosses.
[doublepost=1465188506,1465188401][/doublepost]
So can anyone tell me what their experience is like using this mod with multiplayer?

I've been wanting to play this mod with a few friends for a while but I heard about all the multiplayer issues so I've just been waiting for fixes and such
well, the only multiplayer issues are to do with some of the bosses, such as the thunderbird, the queen jellyfish, and one of the ragnarok, other than that, everything in the game should work fine.

On 3, guns have always been obtainable that early. The only requirement is to smash an orb/heart, which only requires a couple bombs. No corrupt boss kill is needed, not even a summon. The thorium gun is actually much harder to get pre EoC than a musket is, when you get down to it, especially when you don't have access to Bags of Potential.

Tiny little bug, when you restart the game with the slime pet equipped, when you log back on, you get TWO slime pets. The other one goes away if you reuse the item. Not a big deal at all.

EDIT: HOW DO PENGUIN WAND

Last edited:
this is probably a stretch, but what about somehow adding lunar event equivalent armor and weapons for thrower and healer classes? It would be cool to see if its possible to add more lunar pillars. If not, you could do a hardmode meteor, or make some other boss that drops the gear, etc.

this is probably a stretch, but what about somehow adding lunar event equivalent armor and weapons for thrower and healer classes? It would be cool to see if its possible to add more lunar pillars. If not, you could do a hardmode meteor, or make some other boss that drops the gear, etc.

There is already Shade Master set for throwing, crafted from the Dark Matter from Post-Plantera Dungeon. Both the armor and weapons can perform the role of endgame throwing gear - they are powerful, and the set bonus is awesome for a Pillars/Moon Lord fight. If only it could be changed from Q to some other hotkey...

There is already Shade Master set for throwing, crafted from the Dark Matter from Post-Plantera Dungeon. Both the armor and weapons can perform the role of endgame throwing gear - they are powerful, and the set bonus is awesome for a Pillars/Moon Lord fight. If only it could be changed from Q to some other hotkey...
Well, at least something for healer then. But then again, healer is currently about as fleshed out as vanilla thrower :p

Well, at least something for healer then. But then again, healer is currently about as fleshed out as vanilla thrower :p
I disagree. I think healer is relatively in a good spot. Its not super offensive and its armor sets are nice. It already packs a large amount of utility and has one of the best utility in the game. That nul-zone staff is super nice. Though I need to see if it works on the moonlords projectiles or not.

I disagree. I think healer is relatively in a good spot. Its not super offensive and its armor sets are nice. It already packs a large amount of utility and has one of the best utility in the game. That nul-zone staff is super nice. Though I need to see if it works on the moonlords projectiles or not.
well nevermind then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Does anyone know if there are plans for a post-Moonlord, pre-Ragnarok armor set for Throwing? Just want to know if I should try to take out Ragnarok now or wait for the new armor.

Can someone tell me how to make a multiplayer server whit this mod? everytime y try terraria crash and an error appear

Attachments

• Terraria crash.PNG
    Terraria crash.PNG
    34.2 KB · Views: 198
Can someone tell me how to make a multiplayer server whit this mod? everytime y try terraria crash and an error appear
Make sure you and your friends both have the SAME mods installed and turned on. Then just host & play and invite them into it.

from what people seem to have suggested, and from me trying myself, the thunder bird should spawn if you are alone, and everyone else is far enough away from you, and the queen jelly may possibly work if everyones standing in the ocean when you spawn it.
i'm not too sure myself, i have been playing multiplayer a bit with a friend, the thunderbird spawned fine, ut the queen jelly unfortunatly didnt.
Apparently, the Thunderbird, the Jellyfish, and the Beholder boss are fixed for multiplayer

Does anyone know if there are plans for a post-Moonlord, pre-Ragnarok armor set for Throwing? Just want to know if I should try to take out Ragnarok now or wait for the new armor.

Just go for it now. I don't know how much Ragnar0k got buffed, but last time I played, Ragnar0k was SIGNIFICANTLY easier than Moon Lord. Just give it a spin yourself, but I wouldn't count on another throwing armor between the two. There's no real point to it.

Back
Top Bottom