Things you hate doing in Terraria

I pretty much always dislike going from copper to gold, It's never fun starting a new solo game, i always rush to hardmode as quickly as i can.
I currently rush for 50 silver so the merchant spawns and then get some cobweb, get a bug net so i can fish the ocean get a reaver shark pickaxe and get to molten as quick as i can.

Also, looking for Plantera can be super frustrating sometimes.

Hardmode mining.

I play Terraria from beginning to end often. You can generally beat the game pretty fast if you have a plan, but the one part of the game that's ALWAYS extremely slow is mining cobalt, mythril, adamantite, and their alts. And then, as soon as you finish with THAT, you get to mine an ton of chlorophyte now for no real reason. 6 ore per bar, and needing more bars of this than anything? Come oooonn!
Concerning that, how neat is it that Chlorophyte no longer requires Plantera to be defeated first? It seems to start growing the moment HardMode begins.

We can now skip right to Chlorophyte armor. How nuts is that!?

Concerning that, how neat is it that Chlorophyte no longer requires Plantera to be defeated first? It seems to start growing the moment HardMode begins.

We can now skip right to Chlorophyte armor. How nuts is that!?

You still need Pickaxe axe/Drax, and I think it always started growing the moment hardmode started.

It is post mech, pre plantera, and always has been I think.

You still need Pickaxe axe/Drax, and I think it always started growing the moment hardmode started.

It is post mech, pre plantera, and always has been I think.
Aaaah. For some reason I didn't remember that at all. I thought it was a new change or somefin'...

How'd I forget about the pick, though. lol

Then again, that's one of the things I always cheat in with me when I start a "new" game.

... don't look at me like that. I like my spectre pick. lol

- Making a hellbridge to face the WoF. It's easy on normal mode, but on Expert it's sometimes a pain. You've got a minute of freedom while building until you get overwhelmed by Demon projectiles and these annoying Hellbats. While they're weak, they are very frequent and deal about 40HP with Molten Armor. Oh, and "On Fire!" debuff. Thanks, but no.

- Searching for Adamantite/Titanium. The first one is easier to find, because it's red and it's much easier to notice while mining than Titanium. Still, they're rare enough to make mining pretty tedious. They need 5 ores a single bar, 30 for a forge and about 40-50 for a full armor set. Thank you Re-Logic for the fishing mechanic, I can get some this way.

- Messing with RNG. I've got bad luck with everything that occurs randomly. Often I get something I don't need. A good example is when I wanted to get some extra Adamantite for Adamantite Greaves. I fished like a hundred of crates in Hardmode and... not even any one! After some time I decided to go mining, so I could get the rest for full armor.

- Getting killed out of nowhere (example: I'm flying with wings to avoid a pit of lava, then I got stoned by Medusa, falling directly into lava. At least I didn't die because I grappled myself out of there, but I lost A LOT of health due to this).

- Getting almost done with a boss and suddenly dying, like having Skeletron Prime almost dead, but the night ends and I get K.O'd by him. The same with ofher bosses. They have low health, I'm almost done, but I got overwhelmed by something and die.

#bad luck.

This is why I play with friends...

Only thing I really "hate" about Terraria is when I'm trying to build an arena in, say, Hell, or the Crimson, and mobs start swarming at you even though there's no blood moon or anything going on. It's like the spawn rate just arbitrarily increases from the norm when the game detects you're constructing something in a hostile environment...

I think building/mining increases spawn chance. When i was building a sky platform to look for Martian Probes 3 spawned in 1 minute as i was placing blocks but when i finished my building it seemed like none came for a while.

it's even more funny because when you're looking for an item or enemy, and you are not doing anything, just waiting mobs to spawn it seems the spawn rate gets lower even when holding a water candle...

and I hate sloping edges when I finish a building, you can increase the speed of placing blocks and walls, you can paint fast as well, but hammering edges gets really tedious.

The time were I almost defeated the WoF,then accidentally magic mirror.Then have to wait till another vodoo demon spawns

1. Creating worlds until I get a world I can manage properly.
2. Collecting materials for base building. Main reason why I have a world that has 10 000s of building material.

Anyone having trouble building without being bothered by mobs:

Calming Potion + Peace Candle = blessed relief. (I think the effects stack the way Battle Potion + Water Candle do but am not sure.)
Minions make great crowd control agents no matter what class you play as.

Filling in holes.

Underground Lakes.

Blood Moons occurring when I want to fight a mech.

And by the sounds of it, I will probably hate Probes.

Hardmode mining.

I play Terraria from beginning to end often. You can generally beat the game pretty fast if you have a plan, but the one part of the game that's ALWAYS extremely slow is mining cobalt, mythril, adamantite, and their alts. And then, as soon as you finish with THAT, you get to mine an ton of chlorophyte now for no real reason. 6 ore per bar, and needing more bars of this than anything? Come oooonn!

Mining hardmode ores

Tip:
  1. Hoard Crates pre-hardmode. Like, tons. Like, 4-5 stacks of 99. Or more. Crate Potions at the Ocean.
  2. Activate hardmode.
  3. Open ALL* your crates.
  4. Swim around in Hardmode ores and bars.

Chlorophyte is still a pain in the butt, though.
*Maybe not all.

Back
Top Bottom