Biomes & Nature [Tobbvald's Tinkering] The Covert (Anti-Contagion)

Hmm, I don't really know how well Manticores would fit the norse-mythology theme, considering they're of persian origin if I recall correctly.
Okay, my brother is writing a book like the Percy Jackson series but on Norse mythology, so i can tell you some other mythological creatures.
Berserker: a man who can transform into a norse animal when angry.

Perhaps make the Brook Horse's name Kelpie, just to make it fit better in mythology.[DOUBLEPOST=1412800806][/DOUBLEPOST]
Feels a bit drastic to dislike the entire thing just for that! :dryadnaughty:

But like I said, everything isn't fully in order yet, and probably won't be in order for a while. I just wonder what it is you see and I don't in the sprites, so far only you and Zoomo brought it up and I'm eager to correct it if I can see something is wrong so please do specify :dryadwink:. The biome is after all in Autumn, a time known for both being the grayest of the year and the most colorful, I tried going somewhere in between, more lenient to colorful. -And I wouldn't really call it dark, more like mysterious or strange, traits not necessarily dark.
On the mummy thing, in Norse mythology there is a undead that is called a Draugr. They can change their size up to 10 feet and can change other beings into Draugrs

But aren't draugs more like undead? -Plus considering how previous incarnations are called "light" and "dark" mummies I think my options are kind of limited in terms of naming.

I really have a hard time trying to come up with a good mummy-alt for Covert, given the fact that mummies don't belong in norse mythology at all I'm having trouble thinking of something. Any ideas?

How about a Draugr?
I wish! The first problem with that is that they are too inherently plain evil in nature, they wouldn't fit the theme. Plus that their apperance and name couldn't even ressemble that of a Draugr since that would break the consistency. It will probably have to be related to either allegiance, life, a whole little antithesis to mummies and death in itself. Or it could be related to the secondary allegiance, fire and rebirth, that of Phoenix, but fire and cloth don't blend well. -Or it could be related to leaves or roots, which feels a bit unoriginal!

In every regard this theme has me pinned in a corner in this particular situation.

I wish! The first problem with that is that they are too inherently plain evil in nature, they wouldn't fit the theme. Plus that their apperance and name couldn't even ressemble that of a Draugr since that would break the consistency. It will probably have to be related to either allegiance, life, a whole little antithesis to mummies and death in itself. Or it could be related to the secondary allegiance, fire and rebirth, that of Phoenix, but fire and cloth don't blend well. -Or it could be related to leaves or roots, which feels a bit unoriginal!

In every regard this theme has me pinned in a corner in this particular situation.
Yeah... undead and life don't mix all too well. I'll try thinking of something.

Perhaps a jötunn?
That is something I've considered adding as an enemy either way, I'm just looking for room, and inspiration in terms of sprite. Both of which I may start considering once I'm done with all the loot and these two mummies! ;D

That is something I've considered adding as an enemy either way, I'm just looking for room, and inspiration in terms of sprite. Both of which I may start considering once I'm done with all the loot and these two mummies! ;D
Good to know. I'm looking forward to whatever you have planned out ;)

I really have a hard time trying to come up with a good mummy-alt for Covert, given the fact that mummies don't belong in norse mythology at all I'm having trouble thinking of something. Any ideas?
And mummies has nothing to do with fairy tales and shiz like that, and there is a white mummy that drops a light shard which has nothing to do with Egypt.
Just name it [insert something related to this biome here] mummy

Good to know. I'm looking forward to whatever you have planned out ;)
Though not related to this particular thread I would just like to point out that we are nearing the final TT Suggestion. It will be a mix of new and old, but it will most certainly tie things together one final round. :dryadnaughty:

And mummies has nothing to do with fairy tales and shiz like that, and there is a white mummy that drops a light shard which has nothing to do with Egypt.
Just name it [insert something related to this biome here] mummy
Yeah. That's indeed where this is heading, my issue being my wish to overachieve. Really, that mummy-concept feels way too overused at this point.

Really, that mummy-concept feels way too overused at this point.
Then replace mummies with something else, same can be made for the cyber and the crimson.
especially that (as I assume) you're going to add a new material that's not light/dark shards.
I suggest giant scorpions (I love scorpions <3)

Then replace mummies with something else, same can be made for the cyber and the crimson.
especially that (as I assume) you're going to add a new material that's not light/dark shards.
I suggest giant scorpions (I love scorpions <3)
Nah, I feel not adding mummies would be risking it a bit too much. I will comply, I just have to think of a solid enough idea first.

Back
Top Bottom