Game Mechanics [Tobbvald's Tinkering] The Three Different Playthroughs (Ria)

I took a new stab at the Ria sprite. I think this is it, at least, very close to it.
t5o4iua.png

This version oncorporates themes from all 3 Terra- swords as well as a handle made from Christmas+Horseman's and the layer-structure from Christmas Sword, followed by the tip from the Horseman's modded into the tip of Terra Brand.
Wow Ria was updated! not one but twice I can only say massive improvement! I can't not support this drastically better than your original version.:dryadgrin:
I am impressed by how well you have handled constructive criticism and used it to improve and flesh out your ideas.

Its easy to notice that the best suggesters are the ones that know how to address constructive criticism to make something truly impressive!

Don't forget to update the OP though, almost missed these! ;)

Not really though? You shouldn't really go for Ria before having access to the Lihzard Calendar, making the grinding for Broken Hero Swords trivial compared to the spider set grind and the likes. How to actually make the off-world swords still isn't entirely settled, but I assure you that I don't intend for the most tedious of solutions to be chosen.

Considering that the only class with any real use for the Terra or True swords I wouldn't be surprised if most people had more than just the two on-world swords before the Terra crafting begins, they'll all be completely unique in their own way, some will most likely want to use several of them. This too helps with this grind, which to be honest doesn't feel that much bigger than any other grind, rather quite small in comparison to the Hardmode Dungeon farming or the Early Hardmode Grindfest. Terraria is after all a game about grinding, but this idea shouldn't be compared to the big ones. There will only be very little RNG involved after all, so after getting the last Hero Swords, (which you may have gotten at that point any way thanks to randomly occurring Eclipses), the rest should go quite easily.
Im talking about grinding for mainly just the dark swords, blade of grass is a nightmare and then you need TWO

Personally i don't really like the way the Terra Cleaver looks, i think it either needs to be longer, if not reworked, otherwise they all look great, but you might want switch the old Ria sprite out for the new one in the OP.

I have kinda watched and glanced at all these threads seperately and i have to say I WANT THIS MORE THAN I SHOULD

ahem, caps aside, this sounds like and incredibly fun set of playthroughs.

This thread is awesome! Keep up the great work Tobbvald!
Although, you said that after acquiring Ria you would face of against Duke fishron, but Duke Fishron is tiered below the moon Events :/

This thread is awesome! Keep up the great work Tobbvald!
Although, you said that after acquiring Ria you would face of against Duke fishron, but Duke Fishron is tiered below the moon Events :/
Did I say that? Not that I'm really certain where I would put Fishron tierwise, but Ria is more or less made to fight Necronomitron, The Lunar and anything after the events. As well as to add balance to sword-tiering, because it is a complete mess with the late game swords being weaker than one you can get before even killing your first mechanical boss. RNG or not, the possibility exists, and it's very silly.

Did I say that? Not that I'm really certain where I would put Fishron tierwise, but Ria is more or less made to fight Necronomitron, The Lunar and anything after the events. As well as to add balance to sword-tiering, because it is a complete mess with the late game swords being weaker than one you can get before even killing your first mechanical boss. RNG or not, the possibility exists, and it's very silly.
Yeah, I bugs me as well how I can get the Terra blade after only one Mechanical boss.
Duke fishron is easier than the moon events, the developers intended for the moon events to be an optional team event, not meant to be soloed, but it IS possible with enough setup and a properly built arena.
Anyways, keep up the great work Tobbvald, and also, you should update the Ria sprite on the front post to the new one.

There. I've now more or less confirmed this as the final version of Ria. I've also, on popular demand, finally updated the OP to the latest version. Sorry for the wait, I only waited because I wanted to check the general opinion of the newer version first. I can not guarantee that I won't make it even better eventually, if I suddenly come up with something, but for now it is done, and with it I feel it's time to move my focus to the other threads.

Why doesn't it start with 'B'? :p
Good question actually. I'll see what I can come up with, you're of course welcome to come with ideas if you got any! :D
I like the other sprites better, this one isn't as legendary as the others.
I actually like the Terra Brand a lot. Looks... mystical. It's a sword I'd definitely want to use in-game.
I'll make a new version of Terra Brand either way, since I myself am not happy with how it ended up. I'll keep both of your opinions in mind though.

@Tobbvald, Ria looks magnificent! It looked like several lollipops on a stick before but now it's excellent. No, really, it's one of the most beautiful sprites I've ever seen. Good job!

As for the Terra Cleaver, don't you think it would look better with an orcish-like design? I don't know I'm speculating.

This idea is... What's the word... AWSOME!!!! The idea about combining all the terra swords into one to create the ria is... AWSOME!!!!

Back
Top Bottom