TheAbsentSoul

Terrarian
- Welcome to the early devolopment Touhou mod -
This is a fanmade mod based on the bullet hell series of Touhou
if this description is as long as I plan it's going to be a book
here's the general breakdown of this mod

MasterSpark.PNG

A break down of the stuff added in the major v1.2.0 update

- ! Two new bosses, Alice and Marisa (see "Progression" on details for summoning items)
- Weapons and Items dropped by the new bosses
- Cleaner graphics for power/point items
- Spell Cards no longer pause the boss's attack pattern and rather destroy projectiles based on the card used
- True green eyed beast functions slightly differently
- Removed Shrine Maiden Town NPC
- Anything once sold by the NPC can now be crafted
- Cleaned up the code lasers but will be modified again soon
- Spell Card dropped from Parsee is now properly called "Green Eyed Monster"
- Parsee now instantly creates a clone
- Moonlight Amulet creates moonlight orbs less often and the orbs themselves are less visible and have a buff showing the effect is active
- WhirlBlade items are faster, have shorter use time, have higher damage, and a cool-down debuff
- Hakurei Blessings are now more effective
- Changed the envy set bonus to increase critical damage
- Multiple other small changes

! Take note this mod is in development and by no means is it currently perfect
! If you don't know much about touhou, this mod mod will be difficult ; My brother (aka test monkey)
has proved this multiple times (He thinks Parsee is more difficult than Moon Lord... On expert)
! Help in the sprites category would be greatly appreciated
! Trying to run away from bosses is a poor choice, as you will be punished by the gods who will not approve of you fleeing

- 4 Bosses
- 4 sets of armor
- 9 asscessories
- 10 tools
- 60 weapons that are currently implemented (there are a bunch of WIP weapons)
- 31 items
- 17 consumables
- 5 tiles
- About 140 total items

MoonlightBow.PNG

Player in Moonlight Armor using the Moonlight bow

EnvyArmor.PNG

Player fighting king slime in envy armor with the green eyed beast

MasterSpark.PNG

Player using a Spellcard (Love Sign : Master Spark)

RumiaA.PNG
RumiaB.PNG

Player Fighting Rumia
Moonlight Rays (left)
Night Bird (right)

ParseeA.PNG
ParseeB.PNG

Player Battling Parsee
Jealousy of the Kind and Lovely (left)
Green eyed Monster (right)

WhirlBlade.PNG

Player using a whirlblade (ring of fire)

Trophies.PNG

Some of the trophies the mod has to order​

V1.2.3
-Bosses now have sounds to them
-Danmaku leaves behind a cosmetic residue when destroyed via spellcard, boss stage transition, etc.
-The range of the faith punishment debuff has been converted into a circular range rather than a horizontal one
-A few minor changes to Rumia's attack patterns
-Green Eyed Monster (Spellcard) has a shorter duration in creating projectiles and a longer lifespan of the projectiles created by it
-Green Eyed Monster (Spellcard) has lower damage to encourage it as more of a defensive item rather than offensive
-Lowered damage of both the True Green Eyed Beast and Green Eyed Beast
-Reduced the severity of the movement reduction by the faith punishment

V1.2.1
-Lasers are now less buggy
-War Armor has a greater summon damage reduction
-War Armor Set bonus now applies to all damage types
-Envy Buckler now has buffs showing the intensity of the bonus
-Envy Buckler now has a reduced max bonus
-Envy Buckler bonus reduces by 1% per hit rather than 2%
-Grimoire of Alice has greatly reduced knockback
-Changed the function of the Throwing Star
-Yin Yang Charms are less visible
-Yin Yang Charms only shoot if there is a nearby target
-Yin Yang Charm also aim in the target's general direction
-Bosses now drop Hakurai Blessings rather than lesser healing pots
-Rumia now uses the updated lasers
-Rumia is slightly smaller
-Nerfed Shanghai Doll

V1.2.0
- See top of the page

v1.1.0
-Mod should load properly now
-Spellcards / Bosses when changing stages or on death removes all projectiles, no more stages merging with each other
-A B C weapons have changed dramatically
-Bosses deal less damage
-Reduced stats on moonlight and envy armor
-Reduced number of bounces in moonlight rays spellcard and moonlight bow projectile
-Faithful Punishment doesn't decrease movement speed as much
-Homepage added
-Many projectiles have reduced lifespans
-Tools have modified damage
-Envy pickaxe mines faster

v1.0.6
- Hopeful made it such that the mod works... (Sorry the errors never showed up when I compiled it, shoutout to Roxxz for pointing it out to me)
- More Marisa WIP weapons including a Love Sign : Master Spark Spellcard

v1.0.5
- Added Whirl Blades, weapons crafted out of some bars (currently silver to hellstone), hold on tight
- Hakurei Blessings now have drinking sound
- Bosses have vanilla boss music (temp)
- Some progression on Marisa's Weapons (they're are still a WIP and unobtainable but feel free to try them out)

v1.0.4
- Rumia now drops Moonlight dust
- Rumia drops fewer spell cards
- Moonlight burst, true moonlight burst, moonlight bow
have slightly reduced damage
- Moonlight armor has reduced defense
- Moonlight Amulet gives +1 armor penetration per orb
- Reimu (hopefully) moves in when you have a yin yang orb in your inventory
- Yin Yang Charms do slightly less damage
- Trophies / Music Boxes Drop from bosses but do not work currently (sound files are huge so until I can cut them down in size it will stay this way)
- Bosses now have music

Planned Release Date : Late May / Early June
! This is for major updates, minor updates will take place on about a weekly basis
Content
- A stage five boss, the poll for which one is at the top of the page
- Maybe a fairy and / or phantom NPC
- Balancing / Bug Fixing (naturally)

After killing the eye of Cthulhu, you get an item which you can use to create a danmaku table, which allows the player to craft practically everything from the mod, bosses can be summoned with flag to which the recipes are shown below

the Recipes and times to fight the bosses are as shown
Stage 1 (Eye of Cthulhu - Skeletron)
- (1) wood
- (3) silk
- (3) Demonite / Crimtane Bar
+ One extra item
Stage 2 (Skeletron - WOF)
- (1) wood
- (3) silk
- (20) bones
+ One extra item
Stage 3 (One Mech. Boss Downed - Three Mech. Bosses Downed)
- (1) wood
- (3) silk
- (3) hallowed bars
+ One extra item
Stage 4 (Three Mech. Bosses Downed - Golem)
- (1) wood
- (3) silk
- (3) chlorophyte bars
+ One extra item
Stage 5 - 6
- N/a

Bosses ((---) is the extra item for creating the flag)
Stage 1 Bosses
-Rumia (Fallen Star)

Stage 2 Bosses
- Parsee (Emerald)

Stage 3 Bosses
- Alice (book)

Stage 4 Bosses
- Marisa (moonlight dust)

Stage 5 - 6
- N/a

Trophies (currently WIP)
Rather than hanging something on your wall
or wearing the boss's face
the trophies are music boxes that play
the boss's or stage theme (or remixed version)

Expert Content
(*) means it has a chance to drop when the boss
changes stages or dies
(**) means it's crafted

-Spell Cards : The boss expert mode item you get are consumables with high attack power (the number you get is based on how powerful the card is)
-Large Power Item (*) : Upgrades a weapon to its true form
-Large Point Item (*) : Sells for a decent amount
-True Weapons (**) : upgraded weapons through the use of Large Power Items

! Trying to run away from the bosses is a poor choice, as you will be punished by the gods who will not approve of you fleeing

This list is for the number of things a new sprite for would be extremely helpful

Any of the "true" weapons
Any of the shot type weapons (ends in A,B,C..., or etc)

This list is for new items currently or will be in development
Some general ideas are there but feel free to go off the theme a little

N/a

These two lists are just suggestions, I will also consider graphics for other item/projectiles/etc. if you choose to make some.

- Downloads -

On the In-game browser

Last edited:
ask me for weapons and I will do you some goodies o 3o
I'm sure if you noticed, but the true moonlight burst and true green eyed beast have the same texture as their normal form, If you want to do something for those that would be cool

Also, anything is free game, you can make something for anything you want, I'm not that great of a sprite maker so I don't mind replacing much

If you want to make a new texture for the bosses I'll have to tell you how they're formatted so it still cooperates with the code

well no I mean making some weapons and stuff is up on my field...
but I'm sure you can do it better o 3o;

as in spriting. I'm a spriter lol.
Oh, my mistake

The only thing that I can think of that I need weapon sprites for are the weapons I'll be programming after I finish Marisa... that or different sprites the "true" form of the weapons I mentioned earlier : True moonlight burst, True Green Eyed Beast, and True Star Burst Staff

Other than that, it's all I can think of as far as weapon graphics go as of now

It's fine, you do you. - w- I'll just support your mod then.
I think we misunderstood each other, I would LOVE for you to make sprites for the mod

Speaking of which, I just finished Marisa today, and seeing how Alice had the highest number of votes, I need to start making weapons for Alice to drop.

I just need to know what you want to know to get started on the sprites for those weapons, since I'm not sure how you normally go about doing this.

So I found this and gave it a look, pretty neat what you have so far.
...Well, it was more a look at what was there with Cheat Sheet. The items were alright, although I imagine they're better looked at when it's more complete. (Although firing out massive amounts of death was pretty fun.)

I do like the bosses, though! Rumia and Parsee were pretty faithful to the original games and were fun to fight.
Parsee did have some wonkiness though. Hate of the Humble and Rich doesn't spawn the clone immediately and Midnight Anathema Ritual going through the ground made it a bit ineffective, although I might have used too good weapons in that case. Dunno if that's just limitations or something though.

Out of curiousity, why's Green-Eyed Beast named as such? The spellcard's name is definitely Green-Eyed Monster, as it's in katakana
(グリーンアイドモンスター, guriinaidomonsutaa). That one bugged me a little bit.

But yeah, good work. Would like to see more in the future.

So I found this and gave it a look, pretty neat what you have so far.
...Well, it was more a look at what was there with Cheat Sheet. The items were alright, although I imagine they're better looked at when it's more complete. (Although firing out massive amounts of death was pretty fun.)

I do like the bosses, though! Rumia and Parsee were pretty faithful to the original games and were fun to fight.
Parsee did have some wonkiness though. Hate of the Humble and Rich doesn't spawn the clone immediately and Midnight Anathema Ritual going through the ground made it a bit ineffective, although I might have used too good weapons in that case. Dunno if that's just limitations or something though.

Out of curiousity, why's Green-Eyed Beast named as such? The spellcard's name is definitely Green-Eyed Monster, as it's in katakana
(グリーンアイドモンスター, guriinaidomonsutaa). That one bugged me a little bit.

But yeah, good work. Would like to see more in the future.
Thank for the input! I'll consider what you said for the next update, and as far as the "Green-Eyed Beast" goes, I'm used to the physical entity of jealously being referred to as such; which as you noticed is reflected in the item, but that's an easy fix. thank you for pointing that out to me

I have a few "Requests" for some ideas

"Edward's Flag" (EoSD/NZ)
Sakuya's Flag + 115 Spirits of Night + 935 Musket Balls + 1 Bonus Item (Fallen Star)

"An possessed Sakuya...s(he) forgoes stopping time and spread shots for unleashing the dead and pin-point aiming."

Expert Item:
"Pack-A-Punch Crafting Station"
-A mysterious creation far from the world. Allows top-secret upgrades to weapons and armor...-
Spell Card: "93115"
An furious onslaught of pin-point bullets, then followed up by 2 large lasers

Theme:
Carrion

Add Music Boxes for Touhou bosses

"Advent Cirno's Flag" (FF7/EoSD) -Melee/Summon-
300 Ice blocks + Any Evil Sword + Familiar Shirt + 1 Bonus Item (Fallen Star)

"An strange warrior fairy with power over Ice and wields many swords. Not exactly one to be trifled with, despite it's easiness."

Expert Item:
"Cirno's Buster Sword"
-An large blade that doubles as a Summon weapon that summons forth more swords-
Spell Card: "Icicle Fail - Ommislash Type 9"
An awkard spell that fires several pulses of ice in random directions...followed up by 9 large wall-phasing slashes around you.

Theme:
A Heroine's Last Farewell

Last edited:
Thus mod really make me excited When I saw it on tmodloader anda I really like Rumia's fight (that make me feel like I'm in EoSD ) ; so good job. When will Flandre come to the mod and can you design Reimu as a post moon lord true final boss(maybe as a bonus fight like Reimu learns what you do to other Youkai's and comes for challenge you)? Can you also allow us to craft umconsumable type of spell cards?

Last edited:
Thus mod really make me excited When I saw it on tmodloader anda I really like Rumia's fight (that make me feel like I'm in EoSD ) ; so good job. When will Flandre come to the mod and can you design Reimu as a post moon lord true final boss(maybe as a bonus fight like Reimu learns what you do to other Youkai's and comes for challenge you)? Can you also allow us to craft umconsumable type of spell cards?
Thanks! Also I don't mean to put your hopes down, extra stage bosses might not be in the mod for some time; mainly because I'm programming in order (stage 1, stage 2, ...) and extra stage bosses would most likely be post stage 6, however Flandre as far as I know is an extremely popular character so it's likely she'll be the first extra stage boss in the mod; So I'd expect her maybe mid-fall this year. Reimu as a post-moon lord boss is an interesting idea, I'll have to consider that when I reach that point. I have considered making un-consumable spell cards, however considering how they destroy projectiles they will have to have a major cooldown or like.

BTW, sorry it took me almost a week to respond, I graduate in less than two weeks so finding free time is like pulling teeth...

Flandre is so BORING though. Memes are responsible for her popularity, most other Extra bosses are so much more interesting.

Also I like this mod well enough. I'm a fan of how self contained it is, you can generally find everything without looking it up because it all comes from the bosses and isn't scattered around all over everything through vanilla content.

Last edited:
I have a few "Requests" for some ideas

"Edward's Flag" (EoSD/NZ)
Sakuya's Flag + 115 Spirits of Night + 935 Musket Balls + 1 Bonus Item (Fallen Star)

"An possessed Sakuya...s(he) forgoes stopping time and spread shots for unleashing the dead and pin-point aiming."

Expert Item:
"Pack-A-Punch Crafting Station"
-A mysterious creation far from the world. Allows top-secret upgrades to weapons and armor...-
Spell Card: "93115"
An furious onslaught of pin-point bullets, then followed up by 2 large lasers

Theme:
Carrion

Add Music Boxes for Touhou bosses

"Advent Cirno's Flag" (FF7/EoSD) -Melee/Summon-
300 Ice blocks + Any Evil Sword + Familiar Shirt + 1 Bonus Item (Fallen Star)

"An strange warrior fairy with power over Ice and wields many swords. Not exactly one to be trifled with, despite it's easiness."

Expert Item:
"Cirno's Buster Sword"
-An large blade that doubles as a Summon weapon that summons forth more swords-
Spell Card: "Icicle Fail - Ommislash Type 9"
An awkard spell that fires several pulses of ice in random directions...followed up by 9 large wall-phasing slashes around you.

Theme:
A Heroine's Last Farewell
While I do appreciate your suggestions, I'd like to keep the mod under it's own theme, so It's unlikely I'll add anything Call of Duty related, however the other section related to Advent Cirno I potentially could add.

Also, I have been playing around with the music boxes in trying to get them working, the problem is that the files are too large to upload, and when I modify them to be smaller, Terraria plays them in a strange fashion that sounds little like how they should and even then I can only fit two or three songs into the mod, I haven't given up on it yet though

While I do appreciate your suggestions, I'd like to keep the mod under it's own theme, so It's unlikely I'll add anything Call of Duty related, however the other section related to Advent Cirno I potentially could add.

Also, I have been playing around with the music boxes in trying to get them working, the problem is that the files are too large to upload, and when I modify them to be smaller, Terraria plays them in a strange fashion that sounds little like how they should and even then I can only fit two or three songs into the mod, I haven't given up on it yet though

Well, I really did want to see the Nazi Zombie-based upgrade for Sakyua...you do remember Rule number (9), right?

As for the others aside from the Music files of Edward and Cirno, why not make Terrarian renditions to their themes? It would be an thankful drop on the music file's load. I mean, look at the Tremor Mod's music.

Back
Top Bottom