Items Vacuum Bag - a simple remedy for a cluttered inventory

Would you use this Item if it was in the game?

• No, I don't think this item should be added.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MegaMage314 🌳

Living Tree
Here is a simple idea I came up with that may help reduce how often players struggle with a cluttered inventory.

Vacuum Bag
Runesafe
Runevault
Vortex Bag
Channeler's Purse
Suggested by @Daimera

Bag of Holding
Suggested by @Scironex
Sold by the Wizard for 30 Gold
Placeable storage item

This item would be similar to the piggy bank and safe: it can be carried while it still contains items, and its inventory is saved to the player. It can also be placed on blocks like a safe. The vacuum bag is more then a third safe though, it has a unique ability that automatically collects certain items you pick up while it is in your inventory. The way this works is it collects items that can stack with something that is already in the vacuum bag. So, say you put a single mushroom in the bag and head out on your journey, whenever you pick up a mushroom it will automatically go into the bag instead. Every mushroom you pick up will go into the vacuum bag until you either take the vacuum bag out of your inventory, take the mushrooms out of the vacuum bag, or collect a full stack of mushrooms. This ability will work with every item that can stack higher then 1 except for coins.

Last edited:
This sounds like a really good idea and I could totally go for something like this, though the name makes it sound like something more technologically inclined than magic. Yeah, the vacuum relates to its effect and not the actual device, but it still evokes that image regardless.

Maybe have the Cyborg sell it? Dude needs more of an inventory, anyway.

Last edited:
This sounds like a really good idea and I could totally go for something like this, though the name makes it sound like something more technologically inclined than magic. Yeah, the vacuum relates to its effect and not the actual device, but it still invokes that image regardless.

Maybe have the Cyborg sell it? Dude needs more of an inventory, anyway.
Thanks! I don't think it's should be sold by the Cyborg, as I wanted this to be an item obtainable early in hardmode so that it could get a lot of use in one playthrough. I would be fine with changing the name though, if I could come up with a better one

Thanks! I don't think it's should be sold by the Cyborg, as I wanted this to be an item obtainable early in hardmode so that it could get a lot of use in one playthrough. I would be fine with changing the name though, if I could come up with a better one
How about 'Electric Sheep Bag'
>inb4 I suck at names
>inb4 blade runner

Bag of Holding. Simple name.
Anyway, I quite like this idea. It'd take me ages to get into the habit of using it, but that's beside the point.

RXqBtvH.png

Scironex Seal of Approval

Last edited:
Maybe some kind of magical name, like Runesafe? Runevault? Or something more general and mysterious like Vortex Bag? Or maybe Channeler's Purse (a play on the Chanel brand)?

Or you could call it a Sack of Sucking, I won't judge. :dryadnaughty:
Those names are great! I'll add them all to the OP (except for that last one...)

The Rhoda Blackhole. Once you press it, it'll tell you to select the Item you dont want. Once you're done, a message saying "Are you sure you want these Items gone?" and the 3 Options are Yes, No, and Let me add some more. When choosing yes, you are to then exit your Inventory Screen, and Use the Rhoda Blackhole which should be in your Hotbar, and an animation will play with the Device being tossed out and a small Blackhole will appear and the Items you chose are sucked out of your character and into the Blackhole. When the animation is done, the closing Blackhole then flashes before Vanishing, and gets returned to your Character.

Great Idea!

But a vacuum bag doesn't vacuum by itself, right?

NOPE!

That's why if you have the 'Vacuum Head' accessory, THEN the bag should function like it does.
(It will still be able to store things though)
Crafted out of 10 iron/lead, 20 silk, and 5 souls of Light, at a mythril/orichalcum(pretty sure I spelled those right) anvil!

EDIT: Almost forgot this! + 1 support!

:red: yes. This needs to happen.

"Bag of Holding" tho
MetaKnight956's badge of approval.png

EDIT: Can anybody resize that approval badge for me? I'm too lazy to.
EDIT 2: And make it smaller of course.

Last edited:
I have a few name suggestions:

"Magic Satchel"
"Suckbag" (perhaps not, if you really think about it :/)
"Collector Pouch"
"Automagic Storage Device" (Bit long)

Anyways, I support this fully! 10/10 would pick up moar items again

Back
Top Bottom