tModLoader VeinMiner Mod - Mine ores faster!

Um, I just got this mod. And it doesn't work for me! ;( This mod looks amazingly helpful. I just wanted to let you know about this because I've tried restarting my game, adding things to my whitelist, and all it does is when I mine the ore while pressing the hotkey it just doesn't mine in. It just sits there, hitting the block with no progress.
You could try setting the Veinmine hotkey to other key or even left mouse button and try again.

I have changed the hotkey, it just does the same thing every time I try it. I also just tried your suggestion of the left mouse button, that doesn't work either.

A quintessential mod that even if you don't use the big mods (like Thormium or Calamity) is still uber useful and makes it worth downloading the Tmod loader.

Whitelist key and remover doesnt even work

I was able to make it work with a text appearing but its just annoying to use, i accidentally whitelisted an ore, now i cant remove it from the whitelist with the keybinding. Good mod but needs improvement, would be much easier if you could select in a menu which blocks to whitelist

Or by default just... dont make it so that dirt and other things doesnt get all mined -_-

Whitelist key and remover doesnt even work

I was able to make it work with a text appearing but its just annoying to use, i accidentally whitelisted an ore, now i cant remove it from the whitelist with the keybinding. Good mod but needs improvement, would be much easier if you could select in a menu which blocks to whitelist

Or by default just... dont make it so that dirt and other things doesnt get all mined -_-

Sorry for the late reply, but using the keys to add/remove tiles from the whitelist work differently whether you have Smart Cursor on or not. If you have it active, it tries to look which tile has been most recently "tracked" by it and then it tries to add/remove it, but if your Smart Cursor is disabled, then it works on whatever tile you have your mouse cursor on.

Maybe this is just a case of my computer being stuck on stupid, but for some reason just today VeinMiner started stalling during initialization. Any ideas as to what may be going on?

Maybe this is just a case of my computer being stuck on stupid, but for some reason just today VeinMiner started stalling during initialization. Any ideas as to what may be going on?
The only thing that I can think of that could mess up while initializing the mod is loading the config file, could you check if the VeinMiner's config file isn't corrupted?

It's located in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs\

The only thing that I can think of that could mess up while initializing the mod is loading the config file, could you check if the VeinMiner's config file isn't corrupted?

It's located in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\Mod Configs\
It doesn't appear to be corrupted, in that I can open it and it at least looks like a JSON file instead of garbled gobbledygook, not that I could ever make sense of JSON even when I was doing programming on a more regular basis. :merchantgrin:

I could send you a copy of the config file, if that'll help.

It doesn't appear to be corrupted, in that I can open it and it at least looks like a JSON file instead of garbled gobbledygook, not that I could ever make sense of JSON even when I was doing programming on a more regular basis. :merchantgrin:

I could send you a copy of the config file, if that'll help.

Could you try removing the "VeinMinerDownloadedOreList" file located in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\ and seeing if it resolves the problem?
If it doesn't, try launching an external server (located in your steam Terraria folder, called tModLoaderServer.exe) and seeing if it gets stuck in there too.
If it still doesn't work, you could send me your config file.

Could you try removing the "VeinMinerDownloadedOreList" file located in Documents\My Games\Terraria\ModLoader\ and seeing if it resolves the problem?
If it doesn't, try launching an external server (located in your steam Terraria folder, called tModLoaderServer.exe) and seeing if it gets stuck in there too.
If it still doesn't work, you could send me your config file.
Well, I guess I'll be sending you my config file then, since neither proposed solution worked. :merchantgrin:

Attachments

• VeinMiner.json
    778 bytes · Views: 227
Well, it seems like nothing's wrong with it.
Could you try removing the config, the VeinMinerDownloadedOreList file, the mod file itself (from the Mods folder), restarting the game and downloading the mod again?
If it still doesn't help, could I ask you for your log files from the Logs folder?
Eventually we could get in touch on Discord (NanobotZ#9094), there I could help you a lot faster.

Well, it seems like nothing's wrong with it.
Could you try removing the config, the VeinMinerDownloadedOreList file, the mod file itself (from the Mods folder), restarting the game and downloading the mod again?
If it still doesn't help, could I ask you for your log files from the Logs folder?
Eventually we could get in touch on Discord (NanobotZ#9094), there I could help you a lot faster.
Deleting the config file and reloading the game seems to have fixed it. Thanks!

are the ores that can be mined stored serverside or player side?
neither me nor my friend are able to add tiles to the ones that we want veinmined like the thorium and calamity ores, we are 100% sure that our keybinds dont overlap as we using the keys "mouse4,5,6" etc, using those keys to mine the ores works perfeclty fine, we just cant add any to the list we want mined

are the ores that can be mined stored serverside or player side?
neither me nor my friend are able to add tiles to the ones that we want veinmined like the thorium and calamity ores, we are 100% sure that our keybinds dont overlap as we using the keys "mouse4,5,6" etc, using those keys to mine the ores works perfeclty fine, we just cant add any to the list we want mined
I bound mine to insert and delete, might be worth a try since the number keys are still used.

Back
Top Bottom