What are your Terraria Headcanons?

The terrarian was born to be another lunar event pillar,like the other races moon lord put two specimens and let them breed(if the terrarian is a male,moon lord mistakenly put a male instead of a female)unlike the other races,the terrarian race was supposed to be a jack of all trades and also was born on a planet(vortexians were made in chunks of earth close to black holes,solarians were made on a star,nebularians were made on a big nebula cloud and the stardustians were made in a meteorite belt).

The other terrarians you find are failed attempts at colonizing the planet(or maybe moon lord just decided to put more to speed up the process) .

Last edited:
If you notice...when you defeat a Celestial Tower, it doesn't explode like enemies do, it just fades out. Therefore:

The Towers are made of energym powered by the monsters they spawn. When you kill their monsters, you also neutralize the tower's energy, but not completely. Killing a tower drops most of it's energy, but not all of it, the remainder going to the Moon, and when you kill all 4 of them, the Moon Lord, which is actually the 5th Tower, attacks since it thinks you want to destroy the world.

The vendors are a small group of treasure hunters who came to explore this island later they somehow got lost

-The clothier was captured by skeletron

-The mechanic was kidnapped by the clothier

-The stylist got kidnapped by spiders

-The angler fell asleep

All of the other vendors decided to bail out because of the dangers but come back when they realize the player could use their wares/find out they player is powerful enough to protect them from the dangers so they can take advantage of him for example the player character can sell them precious metals or strange mystical wares or buy their wares for solid gold coins.

Last edited:
There's someone point out that the thing in umbrella slime is raincoat zombie's arm.

There's a guy who wears raincoat holding umbrella during the rain, that guy was killed by a huge slime. It took his hand and his umbrella and went away.
During the night that guy woke up and tries to get his hand back.
Unfortunately the two have never met each other again.

Also why did umbrella slime only drop umbrella hat but not the umbrella? because the handle was melted by that slime to unusable point.

The nurse and the arms dealer are having a fling. They both make comments about each other (unlike some other NPCs that hint at one-sides crushes) and most importantly... he apparently ended up with some of her clothes (which he sells at Halloween). I mean how else did THAT happen?

The Moon Lord is Cthulhu's brother as officially stated. The reason that his eyes are called the True Eyes of Cthulhu is because Cthulhu is the family surname.

"I'd like to sign up for this"
"Ok. Sign your name here"
"Alright"
"...Your name is Moon Lord Cthulhu?"
"Yeah. Got a problem?"

I love this comment. Also one of my headcanons. Moon Lord's real name is Castroluna. So going by this comment then

"I would like to check out this astronomy book please."

"Ok let me see your card. It says your name is Castroluna Cthulhu."

"Yeah. And?"

4 years late to the party, but why not?

From my perspective, Cthulhu was a powerful being who ruled over Terraria in the past. A group of powerful warriors came to try and stop Cthulhu, and proceeded to start a battle with him. In crimson worlds, that is where the warriors succeeded. They ripped out Cthulhu's skeleton, one of his eyes, and his brain, ultimately killing him. Cthulhu's arms rotted away in the earth to form the chasms of the crimson, leaving behind all of his blood in the biome. When you enter hardmode, an evil force begins to spread this blood, causing the crimson to reach out farther and farther, slowly taking over the world. In corruption worlds, this is where the heroes only nearly succeeded, but still ended up failing. The heroes ripped out Cthulhu's intensines, eye, and skeleton, but didn't manage to rip out his brain. Cthulhu laid a curse on the land, creating the corruption. But in his weakened state, Cthulhu left the world, leaving the corruption to take over. Then the player is born. When they arrive in the world, a guide is created by the gods to assist them. The player will gather resources until one day, they face a part of Cthulhu, controlled by dark magic. Meanwhile, in the dungeon, a mechanic is hard at work creating mechanical versions of the parts of Cthulhu. To prevent her escape, skeletons, or the remains of those who died in the dungeon, a guardian of the dungeon, and a cursed man are keeping her inside. Once the skeletons have used the mechanic to her full potential, they tie her up to starve and die. Once the player defeats Skeletron, the cursed man will join the player, and they will have the option to free the mechanic. The mechanic, knowing that the player would probably kill her if she told them she created the mechanical bosses, decides to keep quiet and let the player find out about them for themself. Once the player reaches the underworld, a demon will appear holding a voodoo doll of the guide. If the player decides to throw it into the lava, they will summon a wall of flesh. Defeating this wall of flesh will free the hallow, a force made by the gods in order to combat the corruption/crimson. But the hallow has problems of its own, destroying bad and good, whatever is in its path. The player will then encounter a mechanical boss, and is forced to defeat it. Once the player does this, a plant, fueled by ancient, dark magic, will begin to grow. The player defeats this giant plant, and will gain a key to the ancient lizhard temple door. The player will encounter a golem, fueled by a power cell. The golem will act as the last line of defense against the player, for now. Once the golem is defeated, an ancient cult gathers at the dungeon in hopes to summon Cthulhu once again. The player ultimately arrives, and is ready to stop them. The player brutally murders the cultists, not realizing that they were merely pawns in the Lunatic Devote's scheme. The Devote appears, ready to fight the player himself using dark magic. The player does, ultimately kill the cultist, not realizing what would happen. The five sacrifices go into an emblem, combining themselves to create the four lunar pillars. The pillars will act as a call for Cthulhu's brother, the Moon Lord. The Moon Lord, realizing that something must have gone really wrong, heads back to the world of Terraria. The player tries to destroy the pillars before it's too late, but is not able to do it in time. The Moon Lord approaches further, before finally facing the player in a final attempt to stop them. The Moon Lord fails, and is killed off. The player can finally rest, knowing that Terraria is safe, for now..

Cthulhu was a powerful creature who ruled the world. The dryads and lihzards banded together to end his reign of terror. They didn't exactly kill him. Instead, he was split up into several pieces. Hos loyal servants (the cultists) wanted to get revenge. They headed to the jungle to kill the last dryads and remaining lihzards. The oldest member of the cultists (old man) didn't like that, so he went to worn the lihzards. Using the mechanical geniuses of the world (steampunk, mechanic, etc.) they built a mechanical statue called Golem. Then came the attack. The cultists ultimately lost, but they managed to capture the mechanic and find out the oldest member of their clan was a traitor. They managed to get to their dungeon and possess the old one with Skeletron (Cthulhu's skull and arms). That's all for now about the dungeon. When Cthulhu was shredded his blood spilt out and treated the crimson. The brain protects it. His rotting corpse created the corruption. His intestines protect it. One eye was killed by an unknown hero :)naughty:). The other eye escaped, and he is looking over the lands to find the hero, and get his revenge. The guide knew it was only a matter of time before he was killed, so he went deep underground to escape. The brain found this out and told the flesh that was left over from Cthulhu. The flesh then takes the Hallow to protect the crimson and corruption. He also took a little bit of evil just in case. He curses the guide which will cause the flesh to be summoned and kill the guide if the demons decided to drop a voodoo doll of him in lava. This curse keeps the flesh, souls, and evil safe. Back in the dungeon the cultists want to "Make Cthulhu great again." Forcing the mechanic to make these awful machines that resemble Cthulhu's organs. Luckily, she won't finish the brain. The guide knows he needs to stop this, so he calls upon the gods to give him a hero, and here you are.

Let me know if you want to hear the rest of my story.

Here is mine:
The legend holds that It just appeared one day, a stark contrast to the Sun that materialized in the heavens above. Others claim It was created here by those against our Order, we who would protect the balance, and keep the world lit from above. When the Sun fades and the Moon appears, It taunts us with Its abominations, though it was known that It couldn't escape the temple. Too many safeguards were put in place, the Elders of our order were extremely thorough, using both magic and distance to delay and avoid its escape. The purple maze of walkways and traps, filled with our minions, far from the brown temple I called home.

When our Order saw the Eclipse coming, they made all possible preparations, building the great clay prison, readying the seal of the Temple. When It final reached the shadow, The Sun's power no longer bathed It, and It grew weak, our magic trapped it within our walls of brick, and prison of clay.

Our Order created 5 great Beings, some say using the same methods which spawned whom we entrapped.

The First made was the Eye, large and observant, so that our Order may look upon the world from within our sealed Temple.

The Second was the Brain, tactile and cunning, so that our Order may collect and analyze the world which the Eye sees.

The Third was the Spine, long and reaching, so that our Order may act upon the information the Brain processes.

The Fourth was the Skull, hard and ruthless, so that our Order may protect the brick maze and its contents.

The Fifth and final was the Flesh, monstrous and vile, so that our order may keep the world clean and docile.

These were created to prevent its escape, for no creature can touch the Altars, the Brain and Spine protect them, and no creature can break the Altars, for the Flesh alone holds the strength to do so.

The Elders, thorough as ever, even had safeguards if they were ever to be defeated. Upon the Death of the Flesh, spirits of purifying are released, to delay the release.

The Hallow to trick those who would release It into quiet serenity, to better let the monsters within destroy them, and the spread of the realms of the Brain and the Spine, to slow the progress of those who had killed the Flesh.

Even this, some thought, would not be enough, for after this, the Elders created a lock system, to hold back the worst of the creatures until the Flesh was defeated, and afterwards, those who were unprepared soon found themselves destroyed.

Then more Great Beings were created.

The First was a fusion of the Brain and Spine, encased within bars of Light, to Destroy any who would face his Might.

The Second were the Brothers, a powerful pair of eyes forged from steel, which burned any opposition withing their Sight.

The Third was the Prime, a skeleton plated in metal, set to annihilate any who dared to summon his Fright.

And the Fourth was the Flower, hidden deep within our Jungle, whose Magic upon death was added to the brick maze, to better defend the last hope before release.

The Final boss was of our own design, fueled by It which was encased within. With heavy clay and the Power of The Sun, It was forced within and never opened, an animated being powered and protected by the light cells we provided it.

And then a new being was discovered.

First by the Eye, and then by the Brain, the Being we saw was intelligent, and hungry. It fed on progress and power, going to great lengths to empty the ground and rebuild it higher above. Palaces and Castles, suits of wood and metal, wielding powers the Elders had feared. The Being one by one destroyed those who were created to defend. Blinded by greed and ignorance, the Being tore through the Flesh and released the demons from under. Altar after Alter, it chipped away at our defenses and stopped at nothing to achieve the end. Lies and deceits were fed to the Being through the one he arrived with, suggestions and commands to bring about the release with greater efficiency and speed.

The brick maze was looted, the Metal Machinations destroyed. The Being used our own weapons against us, with pale acid, dead flame and sharp facets, it plucked the Flower and greedily made suits of shell and blue-cap and pale souls.

The Being stormed our temples, slew our brethren, and powered the clay prison, and broke it. Upon escape, It gave weapons of great power to better destroy what was next, our last chance.

I recall this all now, wearing the ceremonial garb of my Order as I pray, my hooked nose swaying and robes flapping, I see the Sun set and Night descend, I see hell-spawn pour forth from four portals, I see the Being approach now, and like that, my priests are dead, I am the Last of my Order, and I will delay Its release to my last breath.

My headcanon is simple:
The Hallow (or Cyber which I really like and fit in all my headcanons) are the goodness in your Terraria world. They were made by Cthulhu, who built them to combat the evil rotting in Terraria.
The Hallow is whimsical, and is all jolly and good intentions. But, the beasts of the Hallow are hostile, vile creatures - perfect to combat the Corruption's eerie, and unwelcoming tone.
The Cyber is a utopian biome. The monsters are designed to keep this order, this utopia - and will have nothing to do with the chaotic, disgusting, and bloody Crimson.
But, you the player, the illiterate idiot that comes along bumbling to ruin everything, is caught in the crosshairs of this battle, this ancient dance of good and evil.
And what do you do?
Constantly insult Cthulhu's masterful creations, destroying his last remnants, killing the magnificent beasts he created to defend his wonderful world, and for what? Fame? Money? See, selfishness. The player is fueled by selfishness and desire of recognition. Cthulhu is fueled, no, was fueled by the desire to create.
The Corruption/Crimson is not the evil, no the player is the evil.

That the player is a tool of the moonlord to clear out the world of any opposing forces like cuthulus body parts but the player grows their own will and goes further by killing the wall of flesh and opposing the thing that created them.

So, basically my headcanon is that there are 2 heroes, one from Pre-Hardmode, and one from hardmode. The first hero dies of idiocracy, and the second one litterally fixes what the first one started.

And the Cultists are literal loons. They thought that by resurecting the moon lord, they would be granted immortality. THEY WHERE WRONG.

And Terraria Calamity happens. Because lore.

I've been wondering. Why does defeating Golem cause cultists to spawn and worship the mysterious tablet for an infinite amount of time?
The Lihzahrds seems to worship the sun and Lunatic cultist seem to be more related to the moon.

My theory is that the cultists was there since the beginning. But you cannot see them because they're protected by the barrier created by the Lihzahrds and Golem.
So by destroying Golem, you destroy the barrier thus you can now see and attack the cultists.

There are 3 types of Lihzahrd Tribes.
Type 1 - Passive:
These Lihzahrds are quite rare due to the lack of materials to build a temple. One Lihzahrd got lost on his way to the Tribe Camp, he became the Witch Doctor.
Type 2 - Defensive:
These Lihzahrds defend their tribe. They are the least common type of Lihzahrd Tribe due to the way they travel and camouflage. As A Terrarian, I do not know much about them.
Type 3 - Aggresive:
These Lihzahrds are both invasive and extremely hostile. They hunt down tortoises to make Lihzahrd Bricks and other Lihzahrd stuff. They are quick and agile. You can find them in temples, at least every jungle has one inside.

Back
Top Bottom