What is the one thing you want to get removed in terraria, if you could remove it?

Hallow doesn't eat jungle, IIRC. Hallow solution might be a good thing to stop the corruption/crimson if your jungle's at threat, as hallow can't be converted (unless you use different solution)

Only included Hallow because it wouldn't surprise me if it suddenly became ravenous if we did make the jungle immune to Corruption and Crimson conversion.

I've seen stupider things happen.

Bee Wings. Ugly, useless and hard as Redigit to get.

EDIT: THE FREAKING COMPASS. Oh god, I killed like 10 mimics, wanting a cross necklace, ending up with like 6 compasses. I just.. Why?
See, I wanted a Titan Glove and I got over 10 Cross Necklaces. Those mimics just aren't very cooperative.

Bee Wings. Ugly, useless and hard as Redigit to get.

EDIT: THE FREAKING COMPASS. Oh god, I killed like 10 mimics, wanting a cross necklace, ending up with like 6 compasses. I just.. Why?

I have to agree. The compass is a real pain when farming mimics. Also the dual hook was a pain. Mimics would drop them, and were completely useless if you had the Ivy whip. Could be useful for selling though.

I got one.

Giant Fungi Bulbs.

Seriously, wtf is with this cheap enemy? It can spawn off-screen, shoot homing projectiles through walls that do way too much damage for the freedom they have to attack you without fear of retaliation.

Everything else that can go through walls has to melee you, or tends to always teleport somewhere on-screen before it can attack usually.

These things don't. They don't even have to be on-screen to attack you.

The traveling merchant for one. I would also get rid of easy fishing drops in normal mode like the pick axe and hammer or make them harder to get.

I would also move the disco ball to the party girl. :)

Don't use them, then?

Just because you don't like a particular piece of equipment, doesn't mean it needs to be removed from the game.

no, the problem is that other people will use them. there shouldn't be stupidly OP stuff in the game that pretty much makes you invincible.

no, the problem is that other people will use them. there shouldn't be stupidly OP stuff in the game that pretty much makes you invincible.

Terraria was never meant to be balanced in PvP. IMO, PvP is just a little thing tacked on the side to partake of, if you wish.

If it bothers you that much, ask for rules forbidding their use. If they refuse, find somewhere else to PvP.

Same goes for multiplayer PvE.

Terraria was never meant to be balanced in PvP. IMO, PvP is just a little thing tacked on the side to partake of, if you wish.

If it bothers you that much, ask for rules forbidding their use. If they refuse, find somewhere else to PvP.

Same goes for multiplayer PvE.

i never said PVP. actually, i've never played pvp because my internet can't handle it. what i meant about other people using them is that they make the game WAY too easy. you can heal at a rate that makes health potions before potion sickness pale in comparison. they also have more DPS than the paladins hammer, which doesn't heal.

i never said PVP. actually, i've never played pvp because my internet can't handle it. what i meant about other people using them is that they make the game WAY too easy. you can heal at a rate that makes health potions before potion sickness pale in comparison. they also have more DPS than the paladins hammer, which doesn't heal.
But that would absolutely decimate less experienced players who rely on vampire knives. You have to realize that there is two sides, Casual Players and Professional players.

Then ask the other players not to use them. Multiplayer makes things too easy even without the Vamp Knives. Seriously, if melee users need Vamp Knives to stay alive then they aren't very good anyways, lol.

(No offense intended, but yeah... there are far better weapons. Using Vamp Knives to stay alive seriously kills DPS. There are far better Melee weapons for DPS...)

Why does it matter to you how other people play singleplayer?

I think he's talking about PvE Multiplayer...

But then again, Multiplayer makes the game ridiculously easy, that Frost Moon is probably the only thing challenging to a 2-man team, let alone 4+.

But that would absolutely decimate less experienced players who rely on vampire knives. You have to realize that there is two sides, Casual Players and Professional players.

you might as well say that corruption decimates less experienced players, then. i have absolutely no idea why spectre armor(low damage and defense) is considered OP while vampire knives(medium/high damage and very high defense) arent.

Then ask the other players not to use them. Multiplayer makes things too easy even without the Vamp Knives. Seriously, if melee users need Vamp Knives to stay alive then they aren't very good anyways, lol.

(No offense intended, but yeah... there are far better weapons. Using Vamp Knives to stay alive seriously kills DPS. There are far better Melee weapons for DPS...)

i can't exactly ask every single terraria player in the history of the game to not use vampire knives. and where did you get the idea the vampire knives have low DPS? they're stronger than the scourge of the corruptor(if you need proof on that one i can give it to you), they're stronger than the paladin's hammer, pretty much the only things they aren't stronger than are the overpowered flairon and north pole. plus ichor, rage potions, well fed, tipsy, beetle scalemail, etc. they can easily bypass 2000DPS.

because the game is unbalanced. the entire reason they added potion sickness was because you could just heal infinitely without penalty, vampire knives do not have that restriction. quoting someone (i forgot who) here, if the game is structured in a way where you have to impose artificial challenges on yourself to make it actually challenging, it's messed up. also it overpowers crimson and makes pretty much no one use corruption worlds.

I think he's talking about PvE Multiplayer...

But then again, Multiplayer makes the game ridiculously easy, that Frost Moon is probably the only thing challenging to a 2-man team, let alone 4+.

i'm not talking about multiplayer at all.

because the game is unbalanced. the entire reason they added potion sickness was because you could just heal infinitely without penalty, vampire knives do not have that restriction. quoting someone (i forgot who) here, if the game is structured in a way where you have to impose artificial challenges on yourself to make it actually challenging, it's messed up. also it overpowers crimson and makes pretty much no one use corruption worlds.

They're adding Expert Mode here in FIVE days.

The developers have said that Fishron (that's not even counting Martians and other 1.3 content!) is a royal pain in the butt in Expert Mode.

You want challenge? There you go.

i'm not talking about multiplayer at all.

Then why are you trying to tell everybody else how they should be playing their game? Don't look at what everybody else does. What about the people who mod in weapons doing 900+ damage a hit? What about the people who do Multiplayer who have ridiculously easy boss kills? What about the people who grind up to the final waves of Moons with 3-4 people and get all kinds of drops out of moons?

Do you complain about those players too?

Do what you want, let others do what they want. Think something is OP and makes the game too easy? Don't use it, then.

Back
Top Bottom