What is your favorite book?

I've also gotta say the Inheritance Cycle. But another thing that I am re-reading recently is Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, two amazing books.

I have two favorite book series.

the first is the legend series. I love the dystopian aspect of the books, the characters are actually interesting, and it doesn't try to look like the hunger games (unlike ANOTHER book series I know of..) also, I like hearing about how the rest of the world looks in the last book, champion.

the other is artemis fowl. this series has plenty of books, has a nice setting, funny references, and has an active group of followers.

I have two favorite book series.

the first is the legend series. I love the dystopian aspect of the books, the characters are actually interesting, and it doesn't try to look like the hunger games (unlike ANOTHER book series I know of..) also, I like hearing about how the rest of the world looks in the last book, champion.

the other is artemis fowl. this series has plenty of books, has a nice setting, funny references, and has an active group of followers.
Are you hating on Divergent? Well, I do have to admit it is fairly similar to the hunger games, but the story is good!

My favorite book (this fits in with my theme, same time as us necromancers were around) is the Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan. I really liked this series because, well, I love reading giant series. And I enjoy the adventure genre. I also love how the author really makes you grow attached to characters. So, if you don't know what the series is about, it's about a boy who gets chosen to be the apprentice of a ranger. Obviously. As it turns out, his apprentice is a really famous ranger who saved his kingdom. So the main character, Will goes on epic adventure through out the series. Anyone who wants to get caught up into a big series or/and loves adventure, this series is for you.

Yeah, I should post this as a book review on my library's website.

Loved the series, but honestly finished at the end of Book 4 because I legitimately thought that was the ending point! So imagine my surprise when I found out there's apparently 10-odd of them!

Books 3 and 4 were a bit poor compared to the first 2 though, anyways. I'm wondering now if he managed to get back on form in the later novels in the series!

-Lord of The Rings
-The Hobbit
-Fahrenheit 451
-The Count of Monte Cristo
-2001: A Space Odyssey
-Catcher in The Rye
-The Great Gatsby
-Wuthering Heights

You had me up until Wuthering Heights. That (in my opinion) dreary text aside, the rest of them are all excellent novels (aside from Fahrenheit 451, which I haven't read).

You can't do this to me! I will just make a list of my favorites
The Warrior series by Erin Hunter
The Wingfeather Saga by Andrew Peterson
The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Thats it

You had me up until Wuthering Heights. That (in my opinion) dreary text aside, the rest of them are all excellent novels (aside from Fahrenheit 451, which I haven't read).
WH is most definitely a very dry read :p It's the less intense Count of Monte Cristo IMO.

You should read Fahrenheit 451! Short read but most definitely worth it! I loved it.

Forgot to add my Plan-To-Read-But-Too-Busy List:
-A Song of Ice and Fire series
-The Silmarillion
-The Name of The Wind

I also cannot believe I forgot Into The Wild. Probably my all time favorite book next to LoTR.

Dracula. Goddamn love that book. Looking to get a hardcover of it sometime.

It's kind of sad, but no movie has ever come close to being as good, except maybe the 1931 movie, but even that wasn't completely faithful and changed a lot of it.

Dracula. Goddamn love that book. Looking to get a hardcover of it sometime.

It's kind of sad, but no movie has ever come close to being as good, except maybe the 1931 movie, but even that wasn't completely faithful and changed a lot of it.

I admire you, good Sir.

Bram Stoker's Dracula was so typically Victorian that it was actually making me laugh at some points. As in, the fact everything, and I mean everything, had to be described to excess.

My favourite part had to be when Stoker spent a full page describing 'the small hexagonal room that adjoined and led into the bedroom' a room which was never mentioned again once in the entire novel.

I admire you, good Sir.

Bram Stoker's Dracula was so typically Victorian that it was actually making me laugh at some points. As in, the fact everything, and I mean everything, had to be described to excess.

My favourite part had to be when Stoker spent a full page describing 'the small hexagonal room that adjoined and led into the bedroom' a room which was never mentioned again once in the entire novel.
Probably the only book in that writing style I really got into. Among other more famous things I tried reading The Divine Comedy. I made it halfway through Purgatory before I was just done and couldn't keep going.

Probably the only book in that writing style I really got into. Among other more famous things I tried reading The Divine Comedy. I made it halfway through Purgatory before I was just done and couldn't keep going.

I'm reading it right now, on and off. I'm onto Canto XXIII of Inferno (Mark Musa translation). Unfortunately, the edition of Purgatorio my Dad has is by the world's worst translator... if she was trying to get across the feeling of being tortured in Purgatory with her writing, then well, mission accomplished!

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess. Near perfection, except the :red:ing cop-out of an ending ruins it somewhat. The best thing about the film adaptation was how it changed that.

Hmm. Taking a tops of favourite book is The Book Thief, and then following it are the His Dark Materials series(The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass), Harry Potter series, Lord of the Rings series, and then the Across the Universe series.

To Kill A Mockingbird was a good read too.

Back
Top Bottom