What is your favorite book?

Freshman year, English Lit, we had to read through and study about written plays. Shakespeare has written many a tragic play, and some may say Romeo & Juliet was the best one, but... I preferred Hamlet.

As far as actual lit goes, I had a full bound unabridged book of The Green Mile. Stephen King told quite a bit of story in that one.

Then again, Stephen King did have a quote, "The Bible contains some of the best horror stories ever written."

None other than the Lord of the Rings by the God of modern fantasy himself, J.R.R. Tolkien. There is no other series that can drag me in and hold my attention longer than he can. Granted, I'm only 14 and there are a lot more books to read in this world, I still hold the LoTR as being the foundation for modern fantasy.

None other than the Lord of the Rings by the God of modern fantasy himself, J.R.R. Tolkien. There is no other series that can drag me in and hold my attention longer than he can. Granted, I'm only 14 and there are a lot more books to read in this world, I still hold the LoTR as being the foundation for modern fantasy.
I would recommend Wheel of Time, amazing take on the epic fantasy genre. I warn you though, there are 15 books many of which are over 1000 pages.

There are way too many good books to pin down one favourite for me:

"Mr Penumbra's 24 hour bookstore" is definetly one of my favourites. It's about books and the secret to immortality and lots of fun to read.

There are some series of books I've read which are amazing, though it's been a while since I've read most of these books:

The "The Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy" series contains some of my favourite books. Does the series need explanation? I think it's classic at this point. Everybody I know knows it. Anyways, Earth gets destroyed to make space for an intergalactical highway and the story is about the adventures resulting from this.

I'm also reading the last book in the Artemis Fowl series right now. It's a fantasy series about a boy genius who gets involved with the culture of fantasy creatures which has been living secluded in the underground since hundreds of years. I definetly recommend the series. It's probably the only real fun book I've read in school. Except Macbeth. Macbeth's fun too.

The Redwall series, written by Brian Jacques is so incredible. I'm actually getting a tad emotional due to my long lasting last book blues.

My favorite book of all time had to be "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" but a close second is "The Thief Lord."

Sabriel, Lirael, Abhorsen (The Abhorsen Trilogy) by Garth Nix.

It's a pretty intense fantasy series that I recommend everyone check out -- if you like magic-heavy stories.

There are way too many good books to pin down one favourite for me:

"Mr Penumbra's 24 hour bookstore" is definetly one of my favourites. It's about books and the secret to immortality and lots of fun to read.

There are some series of books I've read which are amazing, though it's been a while since I've read most of these books:

The "The Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy" series contains some of my favourite books. Does the series need explanation? I think it's classic at this point. Everybody I know knows it. Anyways, Earth gets destroyed to make space for an intergalactical highway and the story is about the adventures resulting from this.

I'm also reading the last book in the Artemis Fowl series right now. It's a fantasy series about a boy genius who gets involved with the culture of fantasy creatures which has been living secluded in the underground since hundreds of years. I definetly recommend the series. It's probably the only real fun book I've read in school. Except Macbeth. Macbeth's fun too.
I love Artemis Fowl, I have become so emotionally attached to the characters when reading it, especially at certain moments that I will not spoil.

for me its gotta be the Divergent Series, mainly cause its the only book series i've read... still a good series never the less!

for me its gotta be the Divergent Series, mainly cause its the only book series i've read... still a good series never the less!
It's a fairly recent series, you should read some classics. For example, Harry Potter, and LoTR although it is a bit hard to read. Also you couldn't go wrong with the Percy Jackson series, new, fun and easy!

It's a fairly recent series, you should read some classics. For example, Harry Potter, and LoTR although it is a bit hard to read. Also you couldn't go wrong with the Percy Jackson series, new, fun and easy!

Well... depends on how many pages in them... 500-600 is my max. limit,

I enjoyed the Harry Potter series very much -except for the fifth one. :red: the fifth one- and I really liked Lord of the Rings, too. But my favourite is Stephen King's It. I really like undead, fanged, child-murdering, cannibalistic clowns that sometimes transform into werewolf-teenager-hobo-monsters King's writing style.

I can't really decide my favorite, but a really good one I've read is called the Wings of Fire series. The story is pretty much "In the slightly magical land of Pyrrhia, dragons are the dominant species, as scavengers AKA humans hide in the shadows. Dragons are in a period similar to the Middle Ages, and there are seven "tribes" that rule the land. Mudwings, Sandwings, Rainwings, Seawings, Nightwings, Icewings, and Skywings. One night, Oasis, Queen of the Sandwings, hears rustling in her castle and goes to inspect, only to find her treasure room empty! She goes outside to see three humans that miraculously kill Oasis and steals all her gold and jewels. Afterwards, her three daughters find her dead mother and immediately launch into a feud for who gets the throne. The whole thing is blown out of proportions, and soon all the tribes (except the Nightwings) are allied on one of the three sister's sides and war breaks out. One Nightwing, Morrowseer gets a prophecy that pretty much says, "in twenty years, five kids who were born on the brightest night (when all three moons are full) are going to stop the war. Two of the Sandwing Sisters die, while the third gets to be queen." Now, Tsunami, Glory, Clay, Starflight, and Sunny must escape the cave which they have hidden and lived in their entire lives, meet their families, save the world, and discover the bloody and horrifying secrets that this world has to offer." I seriously recommend this series, especially if you like the Warriors series. It's in the same group of "probably for kids, but it's so gory that it's debatable." Right now there are six books out.

Admittedly, I'm not a big reader. But so far, Romance of the Three Kingdoms is my favorite, as I'm a big fan of history. Granted, it's historical fiction, but it's fascinating, regardless of it being translated from a 600-hundred year-old Chinese writing style.

I don't know, there are a lot of good ones... Charlotte's Web, Island of the Blue Dolphins, Call of the Wild, White Fang, The Trumpet and the Swan, The Peter and the Starcatchers series...

Hunger Games is definitely not on there though.

Back
Top Bottom