What to do when everything is done

Status
Not open for further replies.
That what i do, but when i come back to Terraria i don't know what to do and get bored so fast... :c

May be just me, but I tend to enjoy building more than fighting in Terraria.

In Skyrim, for example, I've started playing an "artisan" run - beat the game using only what you can craft out of stuff you find in the wilderness, only looting wild creatures (can kill humanoids but not loot them.) Also, I've disable every "hand holding" device the game has (map, compass, fast traveling, cairn stones, "to blah blah blah" messages when you're about to enter a place) to test just how much I can last while playing with full submersion and no magical outside hints leading me to quest locations.

In short: Find ways to play Terraria - and all games - differently, it may help keep them somewhat fresh.

May be just me, but I tend to enjoy building more than fighting in Terraria.

In Skyrim, for example, I've started playing an "artisan" run - beat the game using only what you can craft out of stuff you find in the wilderness, only looting wild creatures (can kill humanoids but not loot them.) Also, I've disable every "hand holding" device the game has (map, compass, fast traveling, cairn stones, "to blah blah blah" messages when you're about to enter a place) to test just how much I can last while playing with full submersion and no magical outside hints leading me to quest locations.

In short: Find ways to play Terraria - and all games - differently, it may help keep them somewhat fresh.
so... do challenges?

Or add mods to the mix. It works for some games, it kept Terraria somewhat alive for me back when 1.1 was Red's "last update ever GG WP I hate you all guys!"

-Get some lower level equipment and try to beat bosses with it, it's always a good challenge. Like Twins with Palladium armor and repeater?
-Or you could always start a new character and to make it more interesting, add some rules you need to follow, like exclude OP weapons and armors from use or restrict your weapon usage ONLY to one kind (Melee, Ranged, Magic, Summoning)?
-You could also make *Bosses on the first night challenges*, which are interesting to say atleast.
-Maybe even you could make a playthrough with a hardcore character and post it on Youtube.

Hope these suggestions help you.

-Get some lower level equipment and try to beat bosses with it, it's always a good challenge. Like Twins with Palladium armor and repeater?

... Or even actually lower level. Even the Twins can be fought with pre-mech ore gear if you get enough practice... Then again, even a Dark Lance may be fair game against the mechs - but that would take a lot of practice.

Then again, all that practice will keep you busy, so it's actually a good way to extend replayability.

HEY OVER HERE DO YOU SEE A BRIDGE?
You neglected to mention Fishron Wings, which renders what you said invalid still.

If we're doing challenges, don't go for half-measures. Unless you go full naked and/or PHM weapons only, it might as well not be one. Still pretty meh.

You neglected to mention Fishron Wings, which renders what you said invalid still.

If we're doing challenges, don't go for half-measures. Unless you go full naked and/or PHM weapons only, it might as well not be one. Still pretty meh.
He could try and Kill duke fishron with platinum armour fishron wings frostspark boots gatligator and chloro bullets
now you try it and do it on your first attempt
and do you think the platinum armour helped? nope not at all i just used it cause it looked cool
and if you think its not that good try with no armour and pre hardmode gear like meteor bullets a phoenix blaster and no wings good luck :p

Must've glanced that over. Nevertheless, Fishron Wings is overdoing it.
maybe actually try and do that then come back here with a video on your first attempt instead of saying that i suck for using some hardmode things
and its just a challenge for the person who made this thread you didn't have to say anything at all about me being bad for killing duke fishron with that stuff

it took me 13 minutes to kill it, have you ever seen a 13 minute boss fight?

A few things:

Build
Play Multi-player
Set your own challenges/goals (beat Fishron with pre-hardmode gear, collect every item, etc)
Restart

and finally

Play a different game for awhile. All games have their ends. If you're getting bored then do something else.

When i realized there was nothing more for me to do in my main world, my options were:

1 Make an mlg montage of me defeating the eye of cthulhu with the flairon
2 Start defeating every boss wih the worst possible gear in order to start (start) an hardcore game with actual chances of succeeding at the first try
3 Find some strange pvp server with minigames and stuff
4 Find a survival server to enjoy the normal experience once again but with some competition and extra goals.

I managed to find a good survival server with some help, and i'm having a lot of fun.
Getting good stuff has new purposes, you actually get (get) to enjoy your loot.

I did a playthrough of each "class." I did a Melee, Ranger, Mage, and most recently Summoner playthrough, all to max tier. Now I've started doing limited versions of classes. Currently doing a spears-only melee player. Limited styles are very challenging, and I recommend. Spear playthroughs are quite difficult pre-hardmode, since no spears are craftable. Relying on chest and crimson heart drops is a challenging experience.

As for me, collect stuffs and stacking them up in a museum, making artificial Biomes, collect Vanity Sets, Armors, Trophies, Banners,
and preserving mini-biomes.
And sometimes, go through boss battles

This game can be an infinite source of fun once you get into architecture and engineering. You can build grand palaces, elaborate machines, or terraform your map. There's still so much that hasn't been done yet - for instance, on the old forums there were guides outlining how to build logic gates, and they have been barely utilized!

maybe actually try and do that then come back here with a video on your first attempt instead of saying that i suck for using some hardmode things
and its just a challenge for the person who made this thread you didn't have to say anything at all about me being bad for killing duke fishron with that stuff

it took me 13 minutes to kill it, have you ever seen a 13 minute boss fight?

I see Chloro bullets *shakes head*.

Pre-HM Fishron is very plausible. Sandstorm/blizzard in a balloon is highly underrated. Combine that with Spectre+ boots, maybe the magic carpet and it'll be a waiting game for the experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom