What type of gamer are you?

I'm that one guy that plays by the rules, dislikes to follow the metas and breaks the game whenever given the chance to (specifically whenever people will not mind me doing it) while making use of any source of fun the game can provide. I'm also that one guy that hates when people get overly competitive over bull:red:s and is fine with any role that does not involve managing and commanding. I tend to pay more attention to the customization side of a game rather than the gameplay itself. I also like to analyze games designwise as I aspire to be a game designer.

I'm a major completionist I will sit at a game for hours trying to get every trophy, medal, etc. I am usually quite casual about my gaming experiences, playing with friends and just trying to have fun. When I play Terraria, I often set up challenges for myself on medium or hardcore, such as: Collect every armor piece, or challenges like ones where you can only use melee weapons, etc.

I like to take things slow, and find the best possible way of doing something, while still being able to show off my creativity (often to my self sadly). If I got a wooden bow, then I got a molten fury, I would throw my wooden bow into the merchants arms and hid the new one in a chest. I don't keep an item that has the same mechanics but worse stats unless it's unique enough (k.o.cannon vs. Golem fist, I'll keep both). I like to make every building for all my characters unique, big, and shiny. I like to build space ships and planets in space. I'm also VERY cautious about making my game harder, weighing in what i have done so far to measure exactly when to do things like entering hardmode. Have I gotten every armor? Do I have the best weapons? Have I biome proofed around the corruption/crimson? Then I take that leap of faith! (Then hide in my sub-space-space ship every night)

I am a very free spirit when it comes to games, I want every decision to be my own.
How I fight, how I manage weapons/equipment, how I talk, my tactics, every single one.
I am a social butterfly as well when it comes to team based games, other than battlefield and CoD because the players are just meatshields.
I like games where each player counts as a vital part of the game, like a class system in a small team scenario.
Like faction servers in MC or the idea for star citizen.
In whole I like....
  • RTS
  • Sandbox
  • Openworld
  • RPG
Personally in most games enjoy stealth/ranged/support classes/units.

I'm the sort that turtles until their forces are just too powerful to stop.
The kind that bops you on the head with a VTol, just because. (I got me some sick moves in a Galaxy.)
The asshat in EVE that sits there for 3 hours, just waiting. Cloaked. Ready for my prey.
The sort that modded Fallout 3 so I could run my own version of the Enclave.
The Shepard that headbutts Krogans and reporters alike.

I like being the bad guy, the villain, or at least an anti-hero.

I'm also extremely shallow. If the weapon/armour/ship/vehicle doesn't look pretty, I shall not let it offend my sight. Also if it has space and/or sci-fi, then I'm probably already there.

I'm the sort that turtles until their forces are just too powerful to stop.
The kind that bops you on the head with a VTol, just because. (I got me some sick moves in a Galaxy.)
The asshat in EVE that sits there for 3 hours, just waiting. Cloaked. Ready for my prey.
The sort that modded Fallout 3 so I could run my own version of the Enclave.
The Shepard that headbutts Krogans and reporters alike.

I like being the bad guy, the villain, or at least an anti-hero.

I'm also extremely shallow. If the weapon/armour/ship/vehicle doesn't look pretty, I shall not let it offend my sight. Also if it has space and/or sci-fi, then I'm probably already there.
Space and/or sci-fi, with pickiness on vehicles... If you play Destiny, which ship do you use?

I am an explorer, a pack rat, perfectionist and have grown more of a casual gamer lately. I don't like tediously tough games anymore. (Probably an age thing.)

When the game allows it I explore every crook and cranny of a map. Games like the TES series, Freelancer, the Fallout games (the old ones too), Doom with its secret doors, even old dungeon crawlers (or a more recent one, Grimrock and its sequel), Ultima 7/8, any game that allows me to explorexplorexplore!

In Role Playing Games (or any other game that allows the acquisition of many items, like Terraria) I always walk around with my backpack full of crap, although this is mostly because I never know what item I'll need later. And when that moment comes where I really need to leave behind some stuff, I spend minutes upon minutes to decide what to drop. :p
I don't blame myself. I played games in the past where I needed to go back long distances in order to find an ordinary item that I dropped due to a full inventory, and a later puzzle required it.

I'm perfectionistic in that when I like a game I need to complete it as much as I can. Collect all the goodies, unlock all stuff.
I don't care about Steam trophies though.

With tediously tough I mostly mean games that punish you for being poor at the game. Like taking 40% of one's money when dying (Hi, Starbound!) or respawning on a spawnpoint and needing to replay 30 minutes of the game again. Those are just mechanics to piss players off and don't add to the difficulty. Very annoying.

I used to play any type of game available, like RPGs, shooters, racing and strategy. Nowadays RPGs are highly favoured by me, as well as those one of a kind gems you sometimes find among indie games. I do play a shooter or strategy game now and then, but I usually end up cheating through them since I lose interest in them.
Might also be the case because they don't make shooters and strategy games like they used to. The C&C series by Westwood and the Homeworld series by Relic were gems. And Doom remains my favourite shooter of all time.
I'm in for a treat soon though. Homeworld and Homeworld 2 are getting a rerelease on the 25th. :happy:

I usually play one or two games for hours upon hours, day after day until I 100% it and accomplish my in-game goals. I'm not the type of person who juggles a bunch of different games at the same time.

TL;DR: I'm a completionist

I'm a gamer that likes RPG, but still a lot of freedom in it. I usually keep a lot of the items a find and don't sort my storage area. I die a lot and pretend to be good, while really I'm horrible in PVP but am really good in other game types. Seriously, I beat PvZ in less than a week and probably only died around 5 times. I also do not have much patience with dying. I can find things really easily, as when I say "I'm never gonna find it" a few seconds later, there's the thing I'm trying to find.

Back
Top Bottom