What Would Ruin Terraria for You?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind the realism if they decided to make it a completely different mode or something.

-Go ahead and try to make that lead armor.
-Digging blocks would take about 5-10 minutes each.
-Hunger, thirst, fatigue, sleep, urination, defecation, nausea, STDs, Ebola!

Some potential here, I think!

Making choosing a "class" mandatory/making classes an actual part of the game.

...I just really hate class systems in games.

like many others said hunger and durability on tool that would be so bad and if they added stuff from mobile and pc into the console it would take the point away from playing the different versions of the game

Like what a lotta' other people said, mostly Hunger. That mandatory "Collect food or die as punishment" just never cut it, and that addition to Minecraft resulted in a sharp loss of interest on my end (however entitled I may not be).

I think other things would include any other really big overall changes to established staple features of Terraria. ...Like Hunger! :golem:

Two gems from Minecraft.

No, I don't mean these.
Grid_Diamond.png
Grid_Emerald.png

I mean the hunger and durability systems. The sad thing is that those used to appear in the suggestion forums on TO, and I always considered them a form of attempted sabotage.
I think they could be added if they were a fully fleshed out system with gameplay designed around that system, rather than Starbound or Minecrafts petty attempts that made it just feel like another chore. I don't mind difficulty, but I do mind grinding, repetitive tasks. For example, it could be a setting to add in if you WANT to play with those mechanics (like a hardcore character might have them for example)

I think they could be added if they were a fully fleshsed out system with gameplay designed around that system, rather than Starbound or Minecrafts petty attempts that made it just feel like another chore. I don't mind difficulty, but I do mind grinding, repetitive tasks.
Too late for Terraria, which has already established itself as a game based on exploration and combat, not farming and repetition. It has already attracted a fanbase of people who prefer it the way it is.

I doubt Otherworld is going to take that path, either, since the main focus is going to be on repelling the Corruption and the player doesn't need any distractions that aren't relevant to that cause.

Microtransactions and DLC ? I do not think Re-logic wants to commit reputation and financial suicide that soon.
Durability and needs ? I don't see why they should be implemented either. Mechanics do not support them, and devs see it too.

What am i afraid of ? MMO-ification.
Luck-based items or missions : We got enough RNG already, we don't need even more. I already talked about it here.
Sponge bosses : I'm afraid some bosses may become this. No mechanics, just hit until it dies. So fun.
Mechanics intended on co-op without scaling : Moon event waves. More difficulty = more mobs. Yay.
Senseless grinding : I want new items from discovery and chests, not by doing the same thing over and over and over again. I have MMOs and Diablo for that.
Power creep : I don't want 1.3 tier just like 1.2 which added items that were strictly better than same-tier existing ones (Ores, Crimson, mini-biomes items), only based on luck for acquisition.
Dead balance : 1.1 killed the economy, 1.2 killed the balance. End-game PvP is dead, and so is gear variety. Just like WoW or League, do this or die. Also no power = rarity BS please.

A lot of us play both games regularly. The rivalry between the two has always seemed unnecessary to me. And artificial. It's like a there's this noisy minority who insist that true Terraria players despise Minecraft. "No true Scottsman" and all that, you know? Hell, I'd give my bottom jaw for some of Minecraft's inventory optimizations (or QoL features of that calibre) to be implemented in Terraria.
I Meant, The ENTIRE Community, That would ruin it for me

• If 505 Games assumed an active role in the game's development
  • Fake "survival" mechanics like hunger and thirst; let's be honest here: Terraria isn't a survival game
  • Weapon or tool durability

There are quite a few:
Durability: It can work in a few games because it can be an additional balancing factor, but, for it to work, the game has to be rather slow-paced, so that the resources needed to repair/replace items would likely have been already obtained once it breaks; which means that it is right out.
Hunger: Another feature that only works if survival is slow-paced. Minecraft ran into this problem, and, while it could work with some tweaking in that game, it doesn´t work in faster-paced games, such as Starbound, which ended up removing it because it was THAT awful, and, obviously enough, Terraria, as, simply enough, running out of food or having to obtain more food while fighting a boss sucks, as is generally not being able to get a proper amount of food without having to go out of one´s way to get it.
Reloading: The reason is obvious: It would basically require a massive rebalance, and would arbitrarily make the game unnecessarily harder.
Griefing enemies: They could have probabily worked... had they existed since the official release, as that would have meant that the player would already know that they would have to be expected, and due to how annoying it would be for them to damage structures. It is particularily bad if they don´t even need to be actively attacking the player to do so, meaning they would be damaging the environment before the player even sees them, which would be even worse.

Like Baconfry said, durability and hunger. I could maybe deal with hunger though, just not durability.

Hmm.. that would be a toughy.

revert back to 1.0 maybe...(too difficult and not much variety as their is now + walking across map is more like jumping across it. ><)

Some things that others mentioned and my own:
  • Durability
  • Copying systems in other games; I would rather them make their own.
  • DLC (I am not fond of the idea of paying for additions to the game especially when parts are vital to the engine; ie The Sims. ><) Rather them work on a new game in this case. Which is what they are doing, even if a different team.
  • Engine rework: I would rather a new game for a new engine.
  • Multiplayer exclusive things. (I mainly play single player, and don't like it when I can not obtain something due to being multiplayer only.) In reference to items, vanity, blocks, decor, weapons, and armor...

Hunger I wouldn't mind, however it is a bit too far in to add such a system as baconfry mentinoed. So Not Feasible.
Farming would be fine since people are already doing that anyway with potions. The real question is, what benefit would it have... Herb gardens are a thing, at least those that use the potions.

Anyway that is all I can think of at the moment.

Really though there isn't much that would get me not to play the game. I always go back to games time and time again; that is the point in owning a copy of many games in my opinion, to go back to them eventually or at least have the option to.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom