I want anything having to do with RNG to remain completely intact. Not bothersome at all. Some people have to learn that they should accept what they get and not grind for things. If you didn't get it, oh well. This is how I went about it in my first playthrough that started in the October of 2013, and it was by far the best one yet. I got some drops, and I didn't get others. I didn't try hard to get any item because I wanted it, I was just content with what I ended up getting. All in all, I love how it surprises me sometimes, and I honestly don't think I'd be able to keep playing Terraria if Red actually gave into all the "make everything craftable," "completely do away with rare drops," and "100% chance for everything" crap.
I am almost entirely against grinding for things, because then, you're just farming instead of actually playing the game. I like just getting drops by chance, not slaving countless hours for something I wouldn't have gotten otherwise. When you farm for hours, exclusively for a single item, how can you even call that legit?i totally agree with you in terms of loot drop RNG, if anything, the values might need to be adjusted a little, but anything resembling 100% is just dumb. grinding for rare drops is a fun part of the game after all, and it gives a sense of achievement upon obtaining something elusive (such as the rod of discord!).
No. I do in deed end up collecting them because you generally killl everything in sight at nights, but lenses are better saved for mechanical eyes, and by hardmode, you'll have enough. Demon eyes aren't that hard to find. And it's mainly exclusive farming for rare items I despise, which people complain about taking to long when it's better not to do in the first place.so you never farmed demon eyes for lenses to work towards farming EoC for binoculars in your spare time?
Is killing the same boss over and overand over again while eating a sandwich and not touching the keyboard fun to you?Reading through the pages I've come to the conclusion that a lot of people want this game to be "easier". "I don't want to babysit the jungle," okay, don't. If there's so much care for the preservation of the jungle then take the time beforehand to section it off so corruption would never spread through it? With how fast people can dig using the shroomite claw, it would literally take you less than 5 minutes to dig a 4 block wide hole straight down on either side of the jungle.. and done.
Secondly, RNG does not need to be lower for loot drops. The best things in any game don't come easy and Terraria shouldn't be an exception. I killed over 200 planteras for my Axe, others have killed less than 5, others are still going past 300. I feel like that's how it should be. If everything was so easy I wouldn't have over 1,000 hours in Terraria over the course of several years. Farming isn't even hard if you develop traps and grinding machines that can kill enemies for you faster and off screen before you can reach them. There are AFK farms out there too for people who are so against the 'grind'.
What I want to see:
- More paint options.
- 1 or 2 new mob types in every biome. Everyone is familiar with every mob in the game by now and even with expert mode coming shortly, I'd still like to see new creatures come into the world to give a refreshingly new feel to the world.
- More invasions. Even on the player. Considering every creature in the world of Terraria wants you dead, I'd like to see a more organized assassination attempt by all the different biomes out there. There are Aliens and space creatures coming in, so It would be awesome to see portals open up at your location and swarms of mobs just running at you out of the blue.
- Like said many times, a more fleshed out desert/ocean.
- Environmental disasters? Similar to the meteor, I think it would be cool to see Earthquakes and other disasters as random events. Earthquakes could bring random ores to the surface in the area where it was triggered.
- Underground to have more than just abandoned mine shafts.
- A new dungeon that appears only after you beat hardmode. ( maybe in the sky/space? )
- More crafting options but with new content.. that's pretty much a given anyways.
- More NPC's, maybe even companions that will follow you around, help you mine, help you kill things and talk randomly every so often. ( For all them single player players out there )