When Biomes Clash

Discussion in 'NPCs & Enemies' started by zimberzimber, Sep 27, 2014.

1. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

If you were to use this method to farm items, it will be an inefficient way.
    As for the mobs, they lock on to a mob (Bulldog mode) and switch targets only once the mob it was targeting is dead or it has reached a critical health level.

2. King Llamington

King Llamington Brain of Cthulhu

The mobs should focus on the player always no exceptions. I don't like jobs fleeing either, Bone Lee fleeing would make him practically teleporting away and you could lose important drops. If a mod did add this, it would be better if they focused on the player then each other. No support.

3. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

That's your opinion, and I respect it but I'm pretty sure I said some dumb mobs, such as zombies/skeletons/the brainless types, would not flee, that includes Bone Lee.

4. King Llamington

I get that, but I still prefer mobs to team up to attack the player as common enemy. But if you were to watch them from a distance you could see them fighting.

5. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

You can't watch them from a distance, you can't see anything from a distance, everything is close to you because Terraria is a 2D game.

6. King Llamington

You can be out of their trigger range

7. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

And what use will smaller resolution screens have from this?
    Not everyone has a 9001x9001 screen size.

8. King Llamington

I admit defeat, 1+ support.

Leinfors likes this.
  9. The Flaming Crown

The Flaming Crown Skeletron Prime

I like it, but I think that creatures should flee from bosses instead of ignoring them. In the case of it, the EoW, and BoC should not repel Corruption/Crimson creatures, Demon Eyes shouldn't avoid EoC.

10. Rarag

Rarag Steampunker

Brilliant idea. Although this certainly will take a lot of coding (and time!) to implement, it's really worth it. I especially like the mini wars.
    Just wondering, how is this biome territory going to be defined?

11. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

What do you mean by biome territory?
    If you are reffering to the biomes themselves, then the exact same way they are now, but one a battle is won, the winning biome will get a spread boots over the enemy biome.

12. Rarag

Rarag Steampunker

What I mean is that how the spread bonus going to be defined.

13. Ultimate Dragon

Ultimate Dragon Terrarian

I can just see Gastropods fighting Corruptors.That would be so much fun doing this it really seems like a good idea!

14. Ethanylis1393

Ethanylis1393 Skeletron

Support!
    I would get into the Crimson faction.But how about faster health regen for hallow?
    Anyways,+5 support,also,which items you can't obtain if you are not in a biome faction battle?Other than that,i support.

15. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

Hallow is a balance between the to, meaning it gives some both defensive (including life regeneration) and offensive abilities.
    I did not bother making or thinking about them because I scrapped the idea of factions.

16. Ethanylis1393

Ethanylis1393 Skeletron

Oh okay...So i am going into the hallow,and i love the hallow just because of that RAINBOW!
    Anyways,can you answer my second question?

17. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

18. Narwhal

Narwhal Steampunker

zimberzimber, you should get this made into a mod or something. Because this idea is brilliant, but I doubt it'll get put in for the sheer immensity of the idea. But I've always wanted to see an Eater of Souls and a Crimera duke it out!
    or should I say...duck it out?

19. Seeabass

Seeabass Skeletron Prime

I like it :D it's unique, and it just makes sense!
    Support!
    I support!.png (terrible support thing, by me)

20. zimberzimber

zimberzimber Terrarian

Sadly, I do not posses the time or knowledge needed to turn this into a mod.
    You can look for a modder to make this, but I will not, because I'm lazy and busy.