NPCs & Enemies When Biomes Clash

I Think if You spread one biome and destroy Other biomes by clementinator/ bombs You cloud get Also points? It makes sense because You spread one biome and destroy its enemy biome so you did Something good for the biome .

This is amazingly well thought out! Im not sure how the terraria devs would be able to program this, but this doesnt even seem as hard to do as all the other stuff on these forums, im all up for this. +1

I Think if You spread one biome and destroy Other biomes by clementinator/ bombs You cloud get Also points? It makes sense because You spread one biome and destroy its enemy biome so you did Something good for the biome .
Although it's logical, I am against the idea.
Don't ask why, I just am.

Very like the idea. I imagine this in multiplayer and being extremely fun.
Thank you for the support!

This is amazingly well thought out! Im not sure how the terraria devs would be able to program this, but this doesnt even seem as hard to do as all the other stuff on these forums, im all up for this. +1
Fiddling with the tortoise armor damage reflection ad changing the number a bit should do the trick.
And thanks for the support!

To summon the ambassador, craft the ambassador's sash etc...
Better idea. How about, when you kill a certain boss or a set number of enemies, you join the opposing faction and can no longer obtain the items of that faction, but you then become the priority target of the other faction?

For example, consider I was to kill the eater of worlds. I would then become the enemy of the corruption monsters, but ally with the Hallowed monsters (pixie, unicorn etc).
I would also ally with the hallow if I killed 50 soul eaters.
Of course, this would only take place in hardmode, or else every player would be allied with the hallow from killing the eater of worlds.

I know this is your suggestion thread and, quite frankly, me suggesting you change your suggestion could be seen as rude, but I just think this works better. It doesn't change Terraria as dramatically.

On the subject of the Faction system, if something as cool as that was implemented I think you should be able to ally with any biome, or at least specifically the Purity/Forest (the 'good' guys)

Hmmm.. didn't really get the main post (maybe I'm just stupid) but what I'm getting out of this is that sometimes a biome will invade another and its enemies will be replaced with the invading biomes for a while or biome enemies will fight each other. If its the latter... I can see that being exploited.

Better idea. How about, when you kill a certain boss or a set number of enemies, you join the opposing faction and can no longer obtain the items of that faction, but you then become the priority target of the other faction?

For example, consider I was to kill the eater of worlds. I would then become the enemy of the corruption monsters, but ally with the Hallowed monsters (pixie, unicorn etc).
I would also ally with the hallow if I killed 50 soul eaters.
Of course, this would only take place in hardmode, or else every player would be allied with the hallow from killing the eater of worlds.

I know this is your suggestion thread and, quite frankly, me suggesting you change your suggestion could be seen as rude, but I just think this works better. It doesn't change Terraria as dramatically.
So basically limit the players drop pool because he killed a boss?
Nope, bad idea.

On the subject of the Faction system, if something as cool as that was implemented I think you should be able to ally with any biome, or at least specifically the Purity/Forest (the 'good' guys)
And what benefits would you get?
They aren't fighting with anything, just protecting themselves.

Hmmm.. didn't really get the main post (maybe I'm just stupid) but what I'm getting out of this is that sometimes a biome will invade another and its enemies will be replaced with the invading biomes for a while or biome enemies will fight each other. If its the latter... I can see that being exploited.
Hence the reason why I said it's a bad idea.

So basically limit the players drop pool because he killed a boss?
Nope, bad idea.
Actually, the point I was trying to make was about allying with one faction by killing the enemies of that faction. In foresight, the item restriction thing was poorly thought out. what I meant was, say I killed 50 eaters, I would move up the priority target list for corruption enemies. I would still be able to deal/take damage to/from the hallowed enemies, but I would be less of an important target. Either that, or perhaps make the 'ambassador' a friendly NPC that appears in your town/home after certain prerequisites have been met?
Or maybe you would rescue the ambassador from the enemy faction's territory?

Also,
How about, the regular enemies (slime etc) don't care about anyone, but desert enemies hate jungle enemies?
This could work well with your 'a better desert' Idea.

Actually, the point I was trying to make was about allying with one faction by killing the enemies of that faction. In foresight, the item restriction thing was poorly thought out. what I meant was, say I killed 50 eaters, I would move up the priority target list for corruption enemies. I would still be able to deal/take damage to/from the hallowed enemies, but I would be less of an important target. Either that, or perhaps make the 'ambassador' a friendly NPC that appears in your town/home after certain prerequisites have been met?
Or maybe you would rescue the ambassador from the enemy faction's territory?

Also,

How about, the regular enemies (slime etc) don't care about anyone, but desert enemies hate jungle enemies?
This could work well with your 'a better desert' Idea.
I dropped the idea of faction, and I will not continue discussing it.
You can start your own idea if you wish.
Okay my second question was:

Which items?I won't discuss it very further.
No idea.

Great idea! Is it possible To have multiple biomes Attacking one biome corruption + Crimson vs hallow style? That cloud be cool. Also points by helping in biome battles too?

Last edited:
This post has some nice ideas, but there are things that i dont support.
Mobs killing each other would be fun and only a little hassle code wise (some AI work would have to be done).

that biomes fighting each other and gaining each others territory is something i dont want, as you lose controll over your world.
Also what would happen to the invasion if the player doesnt go there?

i like this idea, but the enemies running away when overpowered by the player or the other enemy is just dumb in my opinion. it would make collecting materials and grinding harder. remember, this is terraria. it isnt exactly Advanced AI: the game. it is just my opinion.

This post has some nice ideas, but there are things that i dont support.
Mobs killing each other would be fun and only a little hassle code wise (some AI work would have to be done).

that biomes fighting each other and gaining each others territory is something i dont want, as you lose controll over your world.
Also what would happen to the invasion if the player doesnt go there?
Most of the mobs need a rework on their AI anyways.

i like this idea, but the enemies running away when overpowered by the player or the other enemy is just dumb in my opinion. it would make collecting materials and grinding harder. remember, this is terraria. it isnt exactly Advanced AI: the game. it is just my opinion.
And this isn't "stand in a box while everything comes to you and dies to a spike trap only to drop some loot which after about half an hour of AFKing you will come out pick everything up and go back inside the box again" either.

Most of the mobs need a rework on their AI anyways.

And this isn't "stand in a box while everything comes to you and dies to a spike trap only to drop some loot which after about half an hour of AFKing you will come out pick everything up and go back inside the box again" either.
im not especially worried about grinding, but i just decided to list a few of the things that it would affect. anyway, you didnt counter anything else i had to say

Back
Top Bottom