PC Which item did you have the most trouble with to obtain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Living Wood Wand, last time I tried to get it. 14 worlds, including 9 large ones. I got 7 Leaf Wands. My 15th world finally had a living wood wand.

For me it is the reindeer bells, which i have STILL not obtained!

For ones that i have obtained, the enchanted sword, i've found it only once

I've never had a RoD. I have built two farms, both left idle for a week while I was at school and asleep. Not a single one dropped. I've been working for one since it's page first showed up on the wiki.

This one time, I was farming for Sniper Rifle.
Got one after farming around 2 hours and Terraria crashed 5 minutes later.
Sees that I lost my hard farmed Sniper Rifle.
I rage quitted.

Wait i just rememberd how hard it was to find planteras bulb in one world

I USED CLEMenTATER AND STILL COULD NOT GET HIM TO SPAWN

Sandstorm_in_a_Bottle.png
Sandstorm in a bottle
Sandstorm_in_a_Bottle.png

It's ridiculous. Like any world generation drop.
I got it on 2nd world.
For me it's goodie bags.

For me it would 100% be the halo from the traveling merchant I have gotten the axe, like 50 diferent legendary keys of all diferent types, but no :red:ing halo

That godamn rod of discord. I go so far as to build an arena in the hallow just to kill stuff so i can't try and get it faster.

hmm depend s on the category if its things I've found but took forever to get then here's a top 5 ... (warning this will turn into an RNG rant, so ignore if you don't want the rant...)
1)King slime Trophy- Yep, you read right, a trophy... After Alt F-4ing through several stacks of slimed crowns that used up all the gold and platinum I had, for several months I have slimy saddles drop maybe 20 times and had excessive number of copies of ninja vanity and slime drops... a chest full of masks but how many trophies have I seen 1 took me at least 2 months of fighting this same boss again and again to get ONE trophy...

2) Frozen Turtle shell- Now here is a text book example of an RNG troll fest... It took me at least 3 motnths of grinding to get this and I still only have one copy... Needless to say I managed to in one grinding run for this item get a stack of 22 Tortoise banners while camping in the ice biome(in other words not including the Tortoises from the jungle... ) If the drop rates are to be trusted on the wiki that is insanely improbable... However the grinding did yield me so other unintended bounties such as the snowman pet and a Rod of Discord so it wasn't all in vain...

3)Honeyed Goggles- To try and get this I did the equivalent of fighting the boss 200 times then alt-f4ing to re fight the boss using the same 5 stacks of Abeeminations times... and it took at least 5 of those runs to finally get my goggles... I never want to fight this boss again ever... EVER!

4)Nettle burst- Now you might be wonderin how hard could it be to get a common drop from a boss? Well this took me 50+ times (qutie possibly closer to 70 I loose count after awhile) and it was the last item I got from Plantera that's right around kill 50 I got an axe and my first of 3 seedlings was kill 2 so I had all of Plantera rare drops befor I got my first Nettle Burst... after which the next 3 kills all were Nettle bursts -_-

5)Traveling merchant wares-here is something very annoying the traveling merchant has many times yet its almost always the same wares that show up and can take for ever to get what you want... At least then you can spend 40+ Platinum stockpiling chests full of that merchants wares...

Honorable mention- Inferno fork after grinding the hardmode dunegon for the longest time this eluded me and I was forced to trade a SWAT Helment vanity for one however I finally saw one drop when hunting for paintings in new worlds(on a world I accidentally activated hardmode on and killed a Plantera bulb that I found in the jungle (This was before the all 3 mechs must be defeated before they spawn addition) When collecting paintings(which turned out to be the same 5-6 paintings that are in every Dungeon yay 5 more copies of Destroyer+insurmountable copies of Cursed man, skellinsworth ect)Finally had a diabolist drop this randomly...

For Things I don't fully have: (I have to warn you my rage is still burning with a thousand suns for these)
1) Angler quest rewards so you have the RNG fest traveling merchant and you want more unbearable RNG? well lets add this ***** of **** undead hellspawn of an "angler" who will, only once a day, send you on a fetch quest for a rare hard to find RNG infested fishing quest after which if you succeed he will give you a random item usually a crappy piece of gear not that rare fishing pole that lets you fish in lava to get the fish that are needed for an inferno potion or a an obsidian swordfish which is needed to finish my melee weapon collection... yeah...
I HATE THIS NPC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) Paintings and other world gen RNG such as the Enchanted Sword-RNG is fine... if moderated to a reasonable extent droprate wise and kept to enemies with a drop rate balance to how rare an enemy is, but the minute its given to world gen without limits put on it all hell is let loose...Dungeon paintings are a notorious example with over 50 worlds made and searched paintings such as Trio Superheros, Impact and The cerebral mastermind haven't even shown up once... yet the same dungeon might hand you 5+ copies of a painting like The Destroyer, and you might get stacks upon stacks of paintings like the Cursed man... there is no enemies you can grind to help you only world after world burning out you map limits and wasting your time as you make the game generate a new batch of maps... While these aren't
progression related hence why its number 2 here it is still a terrible problem that needs to be fixed...

3)Bananarangs- Ah, a rare boomerang that looks like a banana a great idea right? has good stats and fills in a hardmode void but there is a problem it only rarely drops from clowns which are very rare enemy that only spawns during a rare bloodmoon... yeah there's a far too many rares here... now I could let the unnaturally low drop rate slide if it were a one time deal but these stack to 10 and yeah 10... while they have a chance to spawn in bundles I almost always see them drop as singles... all this time with my bloodmoons spend running a surface grinder how many do I have? 8 and that's with trades...
4)Coin gun- pirates the goblin invasion that doesn't such they have a bunch of interesting drops its a shame one never drops even after running through hundreds of invasions giving me multiples of everything else here...

well that's actually all that I don't have that eludes me I guess I could say banners but they are kind of meant to be rare...

Crimson Key Mold. Still trying to get it. See, this is my luck.

Hallowed Key Mold: Got one from killing a pixie (Not farming)

Frozen Key Mold: Got one from killing a random ice pixie thingy (Not farming)

Crimson Key Mold: Farming for :joy: hours, water candle? Check. Battle Pots? Check. Good Weapons/farming arena? Check. Key Mold? :redspin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom