Resolved [Xbox] LOST CHARACTERS AND WORLDS ON XBOX (all posts will be combined into this thread)

Unit One

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
UPDATE OCT 2, 2023

The fix is in!
See more details here: Terraria 1.4.4.9.5 - Console & Mobile Fixes Out Today

UPDATE - SEP 6, 2023

Posted by Roboarms, part of the DR Studios development team:

Hi Everyone! We believe we have fixed this bug internally and we are working on a patch! Thank you to everyone who provided information to help us track down the issue. Your missing game files should become available again once the patch is released. Will let you know as soon as its ready.

Many thanks!
Roboarms `:happy:

ORIGINAL POST:

All posts regarding the issue on Xbox in which characters and worlds are not displaying will be contained in this one thread. The developers are aware of it and are looking into it.

**Your saves should be intact - the bug only relates to displaying data, and once addressed should have no impact on your saves.**

Help the developers out by including this info…
  • Your gamertag
  • The version of Terraria you purchased (digital, physical)?
  • Does logging out of & back into your Xbox account fix the issue?
  • Approximately what year did you start playing Terraria?
  • Have all your saves vanished, or only some of them?
    • If they all disappeared, do you remember what year your most recent build was made in?
    • If only some disappeared, what years were your remaining worlds made in?
    • Were the missing saves made in 1.2 Terraria -or- 1.3 Terraria -or- both (all pre-1.4 files are missing)?
  • Did you originally start playing Terraria on the Xbox 360 before switching to Xbox One (or, later, the Series S)?

Last edited:
I recently lost all my worlds and characters yesterday and was hoping it was some sort of server lag and waited for them to load. Today is the same and I lost so many years of worlds and characters, is there any form of recovery I would be forever grateful. Terraria holds a special place in my heart and witnessing this is outright painful.

Thank you for your time.

I was going to play Terraria with a friend when I realized that I forgot to rejoin Xbox Live Gold, so I signed up for it again to play with them. However, when I tried to get on one of my characters, I was on the character creation screen and when I created it, all my worlds and characters were gone, both single player and multiplayer. This is on a Xbox 1. How can I get my stuff back? I have 1000s of hours worth of stuff on here that I don’t want to lose.

I logged on today to find all of my characters and worlds gone on xbox series x. I just played four nights ago and everything was there. Please help I have so many hours put into this game.

I recently lost all my worlds and characters yesterday and was hoping it was some sort of server lag and waited for them to load. Today is the same and I lost so many years of worlds and characters, is there any form of recovery I would be forever grateful. Terraria holds a special place in my heart and witnessing this is outright painful.

Thank you for your time.
Same thing happened have you figured anything out

As the title says all my character and worlds are gone, they have all existed since 2018+ i believe. The ones I made just a few days ago remain, I have tried everything I can think of to fix it, but alas I have come up short. Any help would be greatly appreciated

As the title says all my character and worlds are gone, they have all existed since 2018+ i believe. The ones I made just a few days ago remain, I have tried everything I can think of to fix it, but alas I have come up short. Any help would be greatly appreciated
I am really sorry you lost your saves @TerraMaster2006 . Can I please get your gamer tag name so we can look into this?

@DarkClips really sorry that you are not able to access your old saves... Could you please share your game tag name so we can look into this further and hopefully resolve it? Thank you very much!

I reloaded the game up to see all my saved data has been lost or deleted my Xbox gamer tag is callum 020 can you resolve this I see this is an issue for a lot of players

Thanks for the report! I’ve added your gamertag to our tracker - we hope to have this addressed soon!

My friends and I all recently returned to the game to find all of our characters and worlds are gone. We are all on Xbox, my gamertag is Attack0fTheJack

I played terraria a lot on my original xbox one, And it still shows that I have achievements unlocked and saved data when I manage my game in the downloads section. However now I’m playing on a newer xbox series s, and when i try to go into the game there is no option to recover my previous data that is clearly there, and I can only create a new character. My gamertag is AZNickelos.

@Attack0fTheJack @xbutermakez hello - currently we're suspecting that this bug might be tied to the physical disk version of the game. Could you confirm whether or not you own the physical or digital copy?

Also, as an aside, your saves are thankfully intact - this issue only pertains to displaying saved data, so once a fix rolls out these worlds should reappear.

Hello @TerraMaster2006 - we're currently suspecting that this bug exclusively impacts physical disk owners. Could you confirm whether you play the disk version of Terraria, or if you own the digital version?

Thankfully, both your player and world saves appear to be fully intact - the bug only pertains to displaying them within their respective menus. Once a patch is issued, you should be able to join these again like normal!

Back
Top Bottom