Resolved [Xbox] LOST CHARACTERS AND WORLDS ON XBOX (all posts will be combined into this thread)

Hello @TerraMaster2006 - we're currently suspecting that this bug exclusively impacts physical disk owners. Could you confirm whether you play the disk version of Terraria, or if you own the digital version?

Thankfully, both your player and world saves appear to be fully intact - the bug only pertains to displaying them within their respective menus. Once a patch is issued, you should be able to join these again like normal!
I use the digital gamepass version

I too am having the same issue but instead only one world and no characters have been lost, I play on Xbox one digital version, any help would be greatly appreciated, gamer tag "Budder god87"

I just redownloaded terraria today to play with some friends and all of my characters and worlds dating back to the 360 are gone my gamertag is klondike1568 please let me know if there is a fix I need my stuff

I just redownloaded terraria today to play with some friends and all of my characters and worlds dating back to the 360 are gone my gamertag is klondike1568 please let me know if there is a fix I need my stuff
Hi there @Klondike welcome to the forums. :)

If your games files were from 360, there is no way to get them transferred to the Xbox One version.

Hi there @Klondike welcome to the forums. :)

If your games files were from 360, there is no way to get them transferred to the Xbox One version.
To give extra context I have been playing terraria since 2012 and I played it constantly on my 360 then when I got my Xbox one in late 2014 I transferred my characters and worlds and continued to play it a lot until the journeys end update, then I uninstalled it because I didn't like the update. Then yesterday I redownloaded terraria to give the update another shot and all of my characters and worlds dating back to 2012 are gone. I'm not saying I want to transfer them now, I know that you can't transfer them anymore what I'm saying is that I already transferred them back in 2014 and I still had all of my stuff when jouneys end came out, but then when I reinstalled terraria yesterday all of my years of progress is gone

I am also having this problem on Xbox one. I haven't played for a couple years and downloaded to play again. Tons of hours in world's and characters no longer tied to my account. Gamertag on xbox is one last dab

@DarkClips really sorry that you are not able to access your old saves... Could you please share your game tag name so we can look into this further and hopefully resolve it? Thank you very much!
Hello, I wanted to also report the same issue but out off all my worlds none got save except for one of my characters I hope you’re able to help me as well, my gamertag is @NeuralBubble44 please help. I am trying to have my little brother be able to play in my old world as well as friends, I lost all my items and characters as worlds

Hello I logged back in after not being able to play for 4 months and I come to check I had lost everything that I had built and work hours to get my user name is NeuralBubble44 and wanted to know if there’s anything that I can do to get my worlds and characters back

Thanks for the report! This is a particularly annoying bug that we've been struggling to track down. I want to stress that your saves are intact, though - this bug currently pertains to displaying them, and once addressed you will be able to see them again. I had a few questions surrounding this:

• Could you send us your gamertag, as well as the version of Terraria you purchased (digital, physical)?
  • Does logging out of & back into your Xbox account fix the issue?
  • Approximately what year did you start playing Terraria?
  • Have all your saves vanished, or only some of them? Do you remember what years you made your worlds in?
  • Did you first start playing on Xbox 360?

Hello @DarkClips - this is a persistent bug that we've been trying to track down the cause of. Your saves are intact, though - this bug only relates to displaying data, and once addressed should have no impact on your saves. I had a few questions surrounding this:

• Could you send us your gamertag, as well as the version of Terraria you purchased (digital, physical)?
  • Approximately what year did you start playing Terraria?
  • Have all your saves vanished, or only some of them? Do you remember what years you made your worlds in?
  • Did you first start playing on Xbox 360?

Hey @Klondike - this is a particularly annoying bug that we've been trying to track down the cause of. I want to stress that your saves are intact, though - this bug only relates to displaying worlds, and once addressed should allow you to see them all again. I had a few questions surrounding this:

• Have all your saves vanished, or only some of them?
    • If they all disappeared, do you remember what year your most recent build was made in?
    • If only some disappeared, could you tell me which years your remaining worlds were made in?

Hello @HaloHero - this bug has been particularly difficult to track down the cause of. I want to stress that your saves are intact, though - this bug only relates to displaying worlds, and once addressed should allow you to see them all again. I had a few questions surrounding this:
  • Have all your saves vanished, or only some of them?
    • If they all disappeared, do you remember what year your most recent build was made in?
    • If only some disappeared, could you tell me which years your remaining worlds were made in?
  • Did you originally start playing Terraria on the Xbox 360?

Back
Top Bottom