Resolved [Xbox] LOST CHARACTERS AND WORLDS ON XBOX (all posts will be combined into this thread)

Hello, I’ve recently come back to Terraria to find out that 90% of my characters have been deleted, I’ve been playing since launch on console back in the 360 days but I didn’t carry my save data over from 360. The Xbox One to series X data is the only data I’m concerned about recovering
Gamertag: Dr Kimikayuuga
Restarting and Relogging didn’t help
Xbox Series X Console
Had Terraria since console launc and played on 360
I have 2 characters remaining out of 8ish and 2 worlds that that characters were created with, not sure why everything else was deleted

All posts regarding the issue on Xbox in which characters and worlds are not displaying will be contained in this one thread. The developers are aware of it and are looking into it.

**Your saves should be intact - the bug only relates to displaying data, and once addressed should have no impact on your saves.**

Help the developers out by including this info…

• Your gamertag
  • The version of Terraria you purchased (digital, physical)?
  • Does logging out of & back into your Xbox account fix the issue?
  • Approximately what year did you start playing Terraria?
  • Have all your saves vanished, or only some of them?
    • If they all disappeared, do you remember what year your most recent build was made in?
    • If only some disappeared, what years were your remaining worlds made in?
    • Were the missing saves made in 1.2 Terraria -or- 1.3 Terraria -or- both (all pre-1.4 files are missing)?
  • Did you originally start playing Terraria on the Xbox 360 before switching to Xbox One (or, later, the Series S)?
So I logged into Terraria today after not playing for about a year to see all my characters except for two of my characters gone and all of my current worlds gone. Before I opened terraria today i had to update it so updated it and went in to find my progress my worlds everything gone.
i play on xbox one
i play on the physical version of terraria
i have been playing since 2016+
my gamertag is StarCrazeBug09 on xbox one
the years of the remaining worlds are three 2018 worlds one 2019 world and two 2020 worlds
the missing worlds and characters were all pre 1.4 so mostly 1.3
i lost most of my worlds and nearly all of my characters and all my recent worlds like 2021 2022 worlds with some of my prevouis year worlds are completely gone

Hello I’ve played on xbox one and series x I am missing atleast one character and one world my gametag is Reigxn and the characters name were either Nick or Reigxn I believe and not sure the world name.

i play on xbox one
i play on the digital version of terraria
i have been playing since 2016+
my gamertag is X S0uLxR33P3R X on xbox one
the years of the remaining worlds are three 2018 worlds one 2019 world and two 2020 worlds
the missing worlds and characters were all pre 1.4 so mostly 1.3
i lost most of my worlds and nearly all of my characters and all my recent worlds like 2021 2022 worlds with some of my previous year worlds are completely gone

Hello @TerraMaster2006 - we're currently suspecting that this bug exclusively impacts physical disk owners. Could you confirm whether you play the disk version of Terraria, or if you own the digital version?

Thankfully, both your player and world saves appear to be fully intact - the bug only pertains to displaying them within their respective menus. Once a patch is issued, you should be able to join these again like normal!
I own the digital version of Terraria and this bug is still affecting me

Hello @TerraMaster2006 - we're currently suspecting that this bug exclusively impacts physical disk owners. Could you confirm whether you play the disk version of Terraria, or if you own the digital version?

Thankfully, both your player and world saves appear to be fully intact - the bug only pertains to displaying them within their respective menus. Once a patch is issued, you should be able to join these again like normal!
I made a post on this forum about all of my characters and worlds being deleted and I own the digital copy.

I have the same issue as everyone in this post i’ve lost my characters and worlds been a player since 2015 and recently installed the game on xbox one and saw none of my saves my gamer tag is MasterxBacon

All posts regarding the issue on Xbox in which characters and worlds are not displaying will be contained in this one thread. The developers are aware of it and are looking into it.

**Your saves should be intact - the bug only relates to displaying data, and once addressed should have no impact on your saves.**

• Your gamertag
    • If they all disappeared, do you remember what year your most recent build was made in?
    • Were the missing saves made in 1.2 Terraria -or- 1.3 Terraria -or- both (all pre-1.4 files are missing)?
  • Did you originally start playing Terraria on the Xbox 360 before switching to Xbox One (or, later, the Series S)?
Hi we lost all of the characters at this time too.
Gamertag is J3DI ALEX and we use xbox one. Have no idea about versions but we’ve had the characters for years.
Logging out and back in we had a sync happen and the characters are very old saves. Missing last year of progress for sure.

Just logged in for the first time in a few years and my old saves are also gone, username DanishDane01, idk when I started but last played in 2020, I’m missing all characters and worlds. Never played it on Xbox360 only Xbox one and Xbox series X

• Your gamertag - EnderGamer57200
  • The version of Terraria you purchased (digital, physical)? Physical
  • Does logging out of & back into your Xbox account fix the issue? No
  • Approximately what year did you start playing Terraria? About 6-8 years ago
  • Have all your saves vanished, or only some of them? Only my 2 of my characters saved all my worlds are gone 😕
    • If they all disappeared, do you remember what year your most recent build was made in? No
    • If only some disappeared, what years were your remaining worlds made in? Idk
    • Were the missing saves made in 1.2 Terraria -or- 1.3 Terraria -or- both (all pre-1.4 files are missing)? I don’t know
  • Did you originally start playing Terraria on the Xbox 360 before switching to Xbox One (or, later, the Series S)? Xbox one

I do not currently have this glitch, but I did have it for about a month. After eventually thinking of restarting my xbox, it semed to have worked. Sorry if this doesn't give you any data, DR Studios, just trying to help :)

I wanted to play after a awhile today but I only see one character and one world. The rest is gone. I’d really appreciate if you could look into it. My gamertag is CornrowSamuraiJ and I started on Xbox360 2015

Last edited:
Feals For Heals. I lost everything. I'm on xbox series x now. Originally started on 360 then xbox one. I have disk and digital version. Last played was 2 years ago. Please help!

Last edited:
I came back to the game after a couple years to find that all of my old saves and worlds were missing apart from my most recent one. The worlds and characters I'm missing were all created between 2015-2020. I've tried resetting my xbox, logging in and logging out, trying the disc and digital version of the game. Is there any way to get those saves back? I'm on xbox series x and my gamer tag is UkN LokI

Hello, after the latest update on Xbox one terraria, (1.4) all of my characters and worlds have disappeared. I still see I have the data saved but none of it is showing in game. My gamer tag is BootyMessiah999. I own digital and physical copies. I started playing approximately around 2015. I have only played on Xbox one.

Thought it might be advantageous to copy one of my other posts to this thread:

I decided to play Terraria on the XBOX the other day for the first time in a while. I was excited to go back onto the world me and my younger brother grew up playing, however you can imagine my panic when I signed into the game and my character and worlds from before a certain period of time had disappeared. A single character and world I created some months before this were all that remained - when I created these not so long ago, my other character and worlds were present.

I signed in and out multiple times, restarted the game and more...but to no avail. I even signed into my brothers account to see his character and worlds were still there, but mine weren't. I really don't want to loose the progress and memories I've made alongside the character and words that are now not showing for me. I really hope you can fix this for me and bring them back.

I hope this information helps:
- My gamertag is 'chaosmaker303'
- Originally was a physical purchase in 2014, but later turned digital. I had no problems changing over.

Logged onto my xbox for the first time in over 2 years, although I'm pretty sure the last time I played terraria on it was 3+ years ago. Purchased gamepass for unrelated reasons, First launched Terraria through cloud gaming on my PC and after seeing I had no characters or world saves I loaded up my xbox again to see if anything would change but no. multiple restarts/logging out and in but again nothing.
  • Your gamertag
    • Seank YT
    • Physical, then later on, digital.
    • No
    • Originally had the physical disk, not sure when that was purchased but purchased digitally in April 2016.
    • All of my characters and saves are gone.
        • No
        • N/A
        • N/A
    • On a different account, yes.

Hi all

Just logged into Terraria for the first time in a while on Project X Cloud (Xbox cloud gaming) and it seems all my data has been lost, my worlds and characters etc. The last time I logged in was probably a year ago, so not sure what has happened. Hopefully someone can help, gamertag is mikenyil. I don't have my Xbox console anymore and play through the Xbox cloud gaming now, it should be able to sync my data but it didn't :(

Version of Terraria is 1.4.4.9 I believe

• Your gamertag

Last edited:
IMPORTANT CORRECTION - the WORLDS i had left were starred, three of the characters i still have are not. i’m not entirely sure if i’ve lost any characters, but i have my main so they’re fine either way really.

title self explanatory. i’ve had this account since 2018, back on 360, and i haven’t logged on since early 2023. i logged in today to find all my unfavourited worlds completely gone.

my first world from 2018 is still there, and 3 from 2021 - all classic mode, aside from one journey mode from 2021.

gamertag is Zapdos Gamer.

edit: version is digital, not disc. it was disc once, if that means anything. some worlds were created on disc, some not.

more edits: not sure what versions the worlds were on, i’ve been playing pretty on and off for my whole time playing. i’ve never had this problem before now, though. last time i played would’ve been sometime before april 2023, i’m not sure when after that my worlds would have gone. i can definitely say only my favourited content stayed though - nothing left was unstarred. i know i had many, many worlds, including one being a trophy display world made(*) in 2018-19 and multiple throwaways made in 2021, so time nor console seem to have any effect. same with disc/digital, the worlds both gone and left were made on a mix of the different versions.

* i’m not sure if it says 2018 because that’s when it was made, or because that’s when it was transferred from 360 to one. i have memory issues so the date on the world for my first ever world (still there) is my only reference point. i’ve been on the same console for a year or so (separate xbox ones) so it’s not the switch from those that caused it either.

i have four worlds left, dates and modes as follows

classic - feb 2018
classic - nov 2021
classic - jan 2021
journey - nov 2021

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom