Resolved [Xbox] LOST CHARACTERS AND WORLDS ON XBOX (all posts will be combined into this thread)

title self explanatory. i’ve had this account since 2018, back on 360, and i haven’t logged on since early 2023. i logged in today to find all my unfavourited content completely gone.

my first world from 2018 is still there, and 3 from 2021 - all classic mode, aside from one journey mode from 2021.

gamertag is Zapdos Gamer.

edit: version is digital, not disc. it was disc once, if that means anything. some worlds were created on disc, some not.
Hi @3s0t3r1c I moved your post into this already existing thread for the same issue. :)

I was literally about to aay he should post it here but then you did. Unit One=speed
Thanks. If you see a post like that, instead of replying that they should post somewhere else (thus making duplicate posts and cluttering the thread), just report the post and staff can move it. Less mess. :)

thanks, are there any fixes yet?
Not that I know of, unfortunately. They are trying to track down the cause of it, so any extra info you have can help. See the first post here for more info.

Thanks. If you see a post like that, instead of replying that they should post somewhere else (thus making duplicate posts and cluttering the thread), just report the post and staff can move it. Less mess. :)

Not that I know of, unfortunately. They are trying to track down the cause of it, so any extra info you have can help. See the first post here for more info p.
added some extra info, let me know if there’s anything else i can add - i do have some memory problems so specific details about the lost worlds is difficult, but other stuff should be okay(?)

I’m experiencing the same issue.
Gt: Anonymou4s20
I’ve been playing since maybe 2014-2015
I most recently played in 2021-2022
I believe my saves have existed since at least 2018 or prior. All of my saves are gone. And this has happened before but I didn’t get my worlds back from then either.
1.2 and 1.3 build
I remember I had a moon lord farm so my most recent play through should be 1.3

Last edited:
I’m experiencing the same issue.
Gt: Anonymou4s20
I’ve been playing since maybe 2014-2015
I most recently played in 2021-2022
I believe my saves have existed since at least 2019. My character since 2018
All of my saves are gone. And this has happened before but I didn’t get my worlds back from then either. Just one of my characters.
1.2 and 1.3 buil

Hi Everyone! We believe we have fixed this bug internally and we are working on a patch! Thank you to everyone who provided information to help us track down the issue. Your missing game files should become available again once the patch is released. Will let you know as soon as its ready.

Many thanks!
Roboarms `:happy:
Has there been any updates on the planned patch?

All of my worlds except one EMPTY unexplored world made in 2021 is gone, along with all but one character, thankfully my main
My gt: reubee
been playing since console release pretty much, would really blow if its all gone forever.

All my stuff is gone im on Xbox one i bought the game maybe in 2020 but sum of the stuff get back to 2017 on xbox 360 my gamertag is ExOTiiC P4ND4. I sincerly wish you guys , someone can help me get my stuff back, i put all lot of time on this game and to see that my worlds abd character all gone add crushed me , please help

All my stuff is gone im on Xbox one i bought the game maybe in 2020 but sum of the stuff get back to 2017 on xbox 360 my gamertag is ExOTiiC P4ND4. I sincerly wish you guys , someone can help me get my stuff back, i put all lot of time on this game and to see that my worlds abd character all gone add crushed me , please help
What is all of the "stuff" you lost? Perhaps I could give you some things.

I was farming the items for the Ankh Shield when I had finally got the last item, the Nazar. I crafted it into a Countercurse Mantra and left all the parts for the Ankh shield in a chest. When I saved and exited the world, It had got stuck at Saving World Data 100%. It wouldn't save, so I quitted the game and did something else. I came back, and all the items are gone from my inventory and the chest. Please help.
The items in the chest really said "abracadabra" and disappeared

Hi @iandion I moved your post (and any replies) into this already existing thread for the same topic. You can check the first post of this thread for more info. :)

Hi my gt is Carnible. I started playing the game on xbox 360 on 12/30/2014 and have moved and played on xbox one s and now to series x since then. I have lost a lot of worlds to my knowledge but not all of them but I dont really remember when I made them or how many I exactly lost and I definitely do not know the build I made them on. I know I lost some that I made in the 360 era but I dont have an exact date of creation or even an estimated time and I lost some I either made on xbox one or series x but the date or if I made them on series x or the one. I also lost some characters too but I dont remember their creation date but Im pretty sure I made them on the one or series x. Would it just be best for me to wait for the patch to come through because I dont know this stuff and to make it easier?

Last edited:
Great News Everyone `:D
The Hotfix Update should now be live! Please check your consoles for an update and let us know if you are able to see all your worlds again 🤞 <3
Hello, I see that this recent update resolved the issue for most people, but when I log onto terraria, I am still missing my worlds and characters. I play on the Xbox series x, and own the digital copy. My Xbox gt is Ads Burger. The world I am missing is called Coconut Grove, and the character I am missing is named Finnleburger. Thank you.

Last edited:
Hi, looks like all of my characters and worlds are all gone as well. The in game achievements are also reset.
GT:Mortimer999
I have the digital version of the game.
I played from 2015-2016 and recently went back to play again, but saw everything was gone. Thought I maybe deleted it somehow, but hopefully it's just this bug.

Back
Top Bottom