Official Terrarian Community Feedback Portal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I've noticed some inconsistencies between bug reports in the PC Bug Reports subforum being locked, or otherwise being moved to General Mod Discussion (and even both, in one exclusive case). Now I know it's really none of my business, but as this is what this thread is for, I'm going to put it to some use and give my personal insights.

My suggestion would be to favour moving over locking. Wouldn't be a true Kazzymodus-style argumentation without bullet points, so I got that covered.
  • Members can just make a new thread in the General Mod discussions after their old one is closed. Simply moving an already existing thread, complete with any information and posts from other members it may or may not already contain, saves time and effort for the one with the issue and the ones with potential solutions.
  • Alternatively, if people decide not to remake the thread, then the issue may not ever get solved, and in a worst case scenario, never discovered and subsequently fixed by the mod creator (which, considering many people use a lot of mods at the same time making issues difficult to track to the source, is already an issue). Meaning that in time, someone who failed to find said thread through the search function (or, y'know, just failed to find the search function) could make a duplicate thread, perhaps even in the PC Bug Report subforum again. Once again, moving would save everyone a lot of time in such a case, including the staff.
  • It keeps the Bug Reports forum free of clutter. Yes, I know, that means it clutters the General Mod Discussion instead, but considering that TCF is Re-Logics prime source of bug reports one could (and in my case, does) argue that it's slightly more important.
While we're on the subject, maybe it could be made a bit clearer that the PC Bug Reports section is not meant for non-Vanilla issues? While it is mentioned here, that thread is located at the turnpike that is PC Support, and if someone has a PC Bug and click directly on the PC Bug Reports link from the main index, they're never going to see that thread, let alone read it. Maybe PC Bug FAQ would be a good place for a header of some sorts?

That's my rambling for the day done. Like I said, not really any of my concern, but I thought I'd mention it.

Now I've noticed some inconsistencies between bug reports in the PC Bug Reports subforum being locked, or otherwise being moved to General Mod Discussion (and even both, in one exclusive case). Now I know it's really none of my business, but as this is what this thread is for, I'm going to put it to some use and give my personal insights.

My suggestion would be to favour moving over locking. Wouldn't be a true Kazzymodus-style argumentation without bullet points, so I got that covered.
  • Members can just make a new thread in the General Mod discussions after their old one is closed. Simply moving an already existing thread, complete with any information and posts from other members it may or may not already contain, saves time and effort for the one with the issue and the ones with potential solutions.
  • Alternatively, if people decide not to remake the thread, then the issue may not ever get solved, and in a worst case scenario, never discovered and subsequently fixed by the mod creator (which, considering many people use a lot of mods at the same time making issues difficult to track to the source, is already an issue). Meaning that in time, someone who failed to find said thread through the search function (or, y'know, just failed to find the search function) could make a duplicate thread, perhaps even in the PC Bug Report subforum again. Once again, moving would save everyone a lot of time in such a case, including the staff.
  • It keeps the Bug Reports forum free of clutter. Yes, I know, that means it clutters the General Mod Discussion instead, but considering that TCF is Re-Logics prime source of bug reports one could (and in my case, does) argue that it's slightly more important.

We will take your feedback under consideration for how we handle Bug Report Threads. In some cases it is better to leave the Thread where it originally was without moving it, but it can vary depending on the nature of the Thread. If someone updates or reports in their Thread that they are no longer using a Mod in their report, we will unlock the Thread or allow them to make a duplicate Thread of their report without Mods in that case.

We don't really have a "hard policy" on how we handle the nature of Bug Report Threads involving Mods in this case, since we haven't felt one was needed. But we will still consider the points you've made since for a few kinds of Threads, it may've been true it would be better off moved rather than locked or vice versa.

While we're on the subject, maybe it could be made a bit clearer that the PC Bug Reports section is not meant for non-Vanilla issues? While it is mentioned here, that thread is located at the turnpike that is PC Support, and if someone has a PC Bug and click directly on the PC Bug Reports link from the main index, they're never going to see that thread, let alone read it. Maybe PC Bug FAQ would be a good place for a header of some sorts?

For this, we do mention that games using Mods get no support here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/section-guidelines-please-read-before-posting-here.79/ In the Bug Report Section. And though we make it very clear we want other members to read it until posting. Unfortunately, there will be members that simply do not read these before posting. It wouldn't matter even if we put it on the banner at the top of the website. There will be people who don't read it.

For this, we do mention that games using Mods get no support here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/section-guidelines-please-read-before-posting-here.79/ In the Bug Report Section. And though we make it very clear we want other members to read it until posting. Unfortunately, there will be members that simply do not read these before posting. It wouldn't matter even if we put it on the banner at the top of the website. There will be people who don't read it.

Ironically, I missed that one too. I think it's because I'm used to single stickies. Oh well.

Thanks for your answer!

Good day, everyone -

Just wanted to point out that I organized the Trophy/Title list into categories:

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?help/trophies

The trophies themselves were not altered - if you had earned the trophy before, you should still have it now. No trophies were removed or added. My goal in doing this was to hopefully make it more clear to folks how they are obtained (and indicate which ones can no longer be obtained - i.e., past contest trophies).

Yes, we will be adding a trophy/title for owning Pixel Privateers, once it is released.

upload_2017-2-12_19-3-35.png

I feel sad for this throphy.

Never got its chance to shine because there will be other throphy titles in place.

Due to the recent SG cleaning, I am now stuck in a Social Group I can not view, enter, or, most importantly, leave. Is there a way for the staff to do this manually? I can't stand clutter (it's neurotic).

Due to the recent SG cleaning, I am now stuck in a Social Group I can not view, enter, or, most importantly, leave. Is there a way for the staff to do this manually? I can't stand clutter (it's neurotic).
Which one? A link would help.

Unpopular opinion, but I think that there shouldn't be a "View Warning" button on warned posts. I think that just PMing people would be better as some people don't really like to be "open" about their warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom