Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings Terrarians!

We wanted to take a moment to share our plans going forward for PS4 & Xbox One.

Additional PS4 Hotfixes

The following bugs below have been addressed and will be released in our next update for PS4. At the moment we’re working on another crash bug before submitting this new update for certification. We’ll let you know as soon as we have an ETA, however it shouldn’t be long.

Bug Fixes Planned For Next Update:

• Fixed another instance of split-screen becoming distorted during Blood Moon Events.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when a user approached the dungeon on their main world.
  • Fixed a bug where launching the game and activating build mode would delete highlighted items.
  • Fixed a bug where hotbar items would be deleted when activating build mode in split-screen.
  • Fixed a bug where using the last item of a stack in build mode, would consume a unit of a stack highlighted on the hotbar.
  • Fixed a bug where players that are not the host would get kicked out of a multiplayer game after prolonged gameplay sessions.
  • Fixed a rogue camera bug in split-screen that caused the primary player’s camera to go straight to outer space.
  • Fixed a bug where legacy worlds would not be carried over if player’s had Tombstones, signs, or chests with names that included special characters.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the first bubble of the air meter never diminished.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the Default player’s name chat icon would remain on-screen during gameplay.
  • Fixed a bug where world changes would not save when auto save was triggered.
  • Fixed other instances of player’s spawning with the Stoned debuff.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when 6 or more players were in a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a critical path bug that was preventing worlds from being blessed with any new metal.

Now let’s cover some of the other bugs that have been reported by the community. We’re still investigating the following:
  • Multiplayer world overwrite bug
  • Other crashes that occur on death, lunar events, etc
  • Events not spawning
  • General performance
  • Projectiles Vanishing
A workaround is avoiding dyes until the following patch where it should be fixed

If you are encountering a lot of crashes or instability please send us a copy of your entire save data for Terraria. You can find instructions on how to do by clicking this link here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/send-us-a-copy-of-your-save-data.64463/

Xbox One Status Update

Understandably we’ve been getting a lot of questions about the Xbox One version.

We’re in the process of resolving the same crash bug mentioned above and once that is resolved we will be resubmitting the Xbox One update for certification. We understand the frustration, but given that this will include all of the fixes we’ve outlined thus far we think Xbox players will be getting a smoother experience at launch.

We’ve made every effort to get the update out sooner to Xbox players, but the holidays and some factors outside of our control put a wrench into those plans.

As soon as we have submitted both updates to certification we’ll let you know.

I want to thank everyone in the community whether their feedback was positive or negative as it has been helpful for prioritizing the most important aspects of this update. We’re listening, and appreciate the feedback.
W the ever living F
[doublepost=1515211316,1515211123][/doublepost]
Really? That's your attitude about this? Do you remember when Terraria wasn't being actively updated for console and 1.3 wasn't even going to happen? Now that it's finally happening you are complaining that they're delaying the release so game-breaking bugs don't sour the experience? You sound so whiny. Terraria doesn't owe you anything.

Personally, I haven't had many problems with the PS4 version, but it does crash at least once a session. If Xbox folks can get a release with next to 0 crashes, that's worth a few extra weeks of development to me. Keep up the great work Pipeworks! Thanks for these updates!

Not even sure how you can say that and have anyone take you seriously. Just stop. Stop crying. It's not helping anyone. When it releases it'll release for Xbox. Seriously take a chill pill. Please.
int soon = 3 + rand(100);
Maybe because of the fact we’ve been waiting for over 2 :red:ing years for this god Damned update to come out and THEY KEEP :red:ING DELAYING! PIPEWORKS IS A SICK JOKE OF A COMPANY

Tbh I'm happy this update is delayed.

When I paid for both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One Versions of Terraria. I paid for the console version. I bought it on pc. For the pc version.

Now that the console version is been turned into the pc version. Which I'm not happy about because if I wanted to play the pc version I would play it on pc.

I don't plan on updating this game anymore. To me. When they said no more console updates, To me the game is "Finished" And it will be staying that way on my consoles. Shame. Wanted to have the 1.3 content. But will be passing because the Pc UI is not good with a controller. The current console Terraria is MUCH MUCH better for controllers.

Console UI is way better for controllers. The interface is much nicer as well.

People here complaining about the update taking 2 years. Need to calm down. $20 says you won't even enjoy the update anyway. And will complain about it when it comes out anyway.

Tbh I'm happy this update is delayed.

When I paid for both the Xbox 360 and Xbox One Versions of Terraria. I paid for the console version. I bought it on pc. For the pc version.

Now that the console version is been turned into the pc version. Which I'm not happy about because if I wanted to play the pc version I would play it on pc.

I don't plan on updating this game anymore. To me. When they said no more console updates, To me the game is "Finished" And it will be staying that way on my consoles. Shame. Wanted to have the 1.3 content. But will be passing because the Pc UI is not good with a controller. The current console Terraria is MUCH MUCH better for controllers.

Console UI is way better for controllers. The interface is much nicer as well.

People here complaining about the update taking 2 years. Need to calm down. $20 says you won't even enjoy the update anyway. And will complain about it when it comes out anyway.

But despite the delay, you will still get that PC UI on your console eventually... One Terraria!

Unbelievable. How do you have the same bug with xbox again, and it hasnt even been certified yet? You have to re-submit it?! And you dont even have a date for when its going to be submitted? :red: this, im officially concerned about anything i see you're guys team attached to. What a joke. You seriously screwed xbox players, and not stop saying this :red: was out of you're control, anything to not take the blame. You guys submitted us late, you submitted us days before microsoft went on holiday, and then you chose to hold it for re-submission after seeing the issues with ps4 that not everyone is having. I have zero faith in anything you guys have to say from now on. ZERO
Someone is raging hard. XD

Unbelievable. How do you have the same bug with xbox again, and it hasnt even been certified yet? You have to re-submit it?! And you dont even have a date for when its going to be submitted? :red: this, im officially concerned about anything i see you're guys team attached to. What a joke. You seriously screwed xbox players, and not stop saying this :red: was out of you're control, anything to not take the blame. You guys submitted us late, you submitted us days before microsoft went on holiday, and then you chose to hold it for re-submission after seeing the issues with ps4 that not everyone is having. I have zero faith in anything you guys have to say from now on. ZERO
IM Mad thAT YOur pOLIshiNG ThE GamE sO IT isnT A BUGgy MEss

Greetings Terrarians!

We wanted to take a moment to share our plans going forward for PS4 & Xbox One.

Additional PS4 Hotfixes

The following bugs below have been addressed and will be released in our next update for PS4. At the moment we’re working on another crash bug before submitting this new update for certification. We’ll let you know as soon as we have an ETA, however it shouldn’t be long.

Bug Fixes Planned For Next Update:

• Fixed another instance of split-screen becoming distorted during Blood Moon Events.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when a user approached the dungeon on their main world.
  • Fixed a bug where launching the game and activating build mode would delete highlighted items.
  • Fixed a bug where hotbar items would be deleted when activating build mode in split-screen.
  • Fixed a bug where using the last item of a stack in build mode, would consume a unit of a stack highlighted on the hotbar.
  • Fixed a bug where players that are not the host would get kicked out of a multiplayer game after prolonged gameplay sessions.
  • Fixed a rogue camera bug in split-screen that caused the primary player’s camera to go straight to outer space.
  • Fixed a bug where legacy worlds would not be carried over if player’s had Tombstones, signs, or chests with names that included special characters.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the first bubble of the air meter never diminished.
  • Fixed a user interface bug where the Default player’s name chat icon would remain on-screen during gameplay.
  • Fixed a bug where world changes would not save when auto save was triggered.
  • Fixed other instances of player’s spawning with the Stoned debuff.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when 6 or more players were in a multiplayer session.
  • Fixed a critical path bug that was preventing worlds from being blessed with any new metal.

Now let’s cover some of the other bugs that have been reported by the community. We’re still investigating the following:
  • Multiplayer world overwrite bug
  • Other crashes that occur on death, lunar events, etc
  • Events not spawning
  • General performance
  • Projectiles Vanishing
A workaround is avoiding dyes until the following patch where it should be fixed

If you are encountering a lot of crashes or instability please send us a copy of your entire save data for Terraria. You can find instructions on how to do by clicking this link here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/send-us-a-copy-of-your-save-data.64463/

Xbox One Status Update

Understandably we’ve been getting a lot of questions about the Xbox One version.

We’re in the process of resolving the same crash bug mentioned above and once that is resolved we will be resubmitting the Xbox One update for certification. We understand the frustration, but given that this will include all of the fixes we’ve outlined thus far we think Xbox players will be getting a smoother experience at launch.

We’ve made every effort to get the update out sooner to Xbox players, but the holidays and some factors outside of our control put a wrench into those plans.

As soon as we have submitted both updates to certification we’ll let you know.

I want to thank everyone in the community whether their feedback was positive or negative as it has been helpful for prioritizing the most important aspects of this update. We’re listening, and appreciate the feedback.
We understand the work it takes to getting the game to proper optimization level. And I am evermore happy to wait for this smooth start for Xbox One. I check every day to see if the update is ready, and even though it is sad that it is not, that doesn't mean I am not discouraged. I trust you in your work, and I hope it all goes well. As for entertainment, I have a lovely 2D Space-Exploration game called Starbound. Heard of it? It's rather fun.

I've given up all hope
DiTtO

Edit: im saying as in its the same problom from before, not that i agree with him.
The Fanboys will defend them no matter what they do wrong but hey, theyre Fanboys lol.

Other people feel the same way. Youre not alone at all in thinking that.

These guys are a hazard and dangerous for games if this is how they function. Shame on them for claiming they tested the game and shame on the Terraria team for hiring these noobs.

This game is trashed now.

You guys need to let Pipeworks go and revert these 'quality of life' changes and give us back the great game we paid for. Not this wannabe PC garbage, riddled with bugs.
ok how about you try coding and seeing how hard it is before you claim that the game is trashed just becaue the interface changed.

also i find the "PC garbage" hilarious frankly

Uhm, how did they (the previous console developers) port the original PC code to consoles then?

Also, 505 is still involved. The previous console developer is not 505 games (that's the publisher for the consoles).

[Edit: I looked it up... both 505 games and Pipeworks software are owned by parent company Digital Bros, so they're basically the same entity.]
1: they added it through the old engine
2: i think he meant engine or whatever they're called.
3: thats like saying rareware and mojang are the same because they are both owned by microsot

I think if pipeworks brings back the console UI, Terraria fans will receive the soothing application of butthurt cream that we deserve. Doing this would PROVE they care. I'm pretty confident fans would forgive, forget and enjoy a kick-:red: game with a controller in our hands, in front of a big flat screen TV, NOT a mouse, keyboard and lil monitor...

I think if pipeworks brings back the console UI, Terraria fans will receive the soothing application of butthurt cream that we deserve. Doing this would PROVE they care. I'm pretty confident fans would forgive, forget and enjoy a kick-:red: game with a controller in our hands, in front of a big flat screen TV, NOT a mouse, keyboard and lil monitor...
aye

Toxic much? I was only doing a little post to see everyone's predictions on the date, that's all.
I'm not toxic, it's not helping anyone to stay glued to the forums and guess dates, because it's obvious that pipeworks has some trouble planning dates due to the circumstances.
[doublepost=1515218817,1515218592][/doublepost]
This is a 2D game and this update has been delayed for 6 months... how could u possibly have so many bugs when it is a 2D game? I understand this could be a hard task, if only one person was working on it and they were brain dead and had their hands tied behind their back. stop being so lazy. probably the laziest “team” of developers.
Just because it's 2d doesn't mean it's an easy game to make, this game has higher hardware requirements than most 3d games.

I just want the update. I don't even play multiplayer. The empire I have was built by my own two thumbs and index fingers, man. Playing with ungrateful brats that are spoiled rotten and have no respect for even their own parents, is the reason I play single player. If single player is that polished, than I say, pipeworks, hit the friggin big red button, because I had enough waiting. I'm ready to stop a new mud hole in moon lords :red:!!!!!!

I just want the update. I don't even play multiplayer. The empire I have was built by my own two thumbs and index fingers, man. Playing with ungrateful brats that are spoiled rotten and have no respect for even their own parents, is the reason I play single player. If single player is that polished, than I say, pipeworks, hit the friggin big red button, because I had enough waiting. I'm ready to stop a new mud hole in moon lords :red:!!!!!!
I've got a few friends and we planned out what we were going to do since 1.3 was announced to come to console so you gotta remember that ALOT people have friends and family they play this game with

I know I probably wasn't the only one to submit the bug about projectiles vanishing, but to be honest I think that was the most annoying. Even more annoying than the lunar event crashes. Only because it made my hook disappear and I couldn't see it. But I'm glad it will get fixed. It was hecking annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom