Status Update on Additional PS4 Hotfixes & Xbox One Release

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks bud, i do have another pc with plenty high specs,i was just using that as an example because i fashioned a media pc out of some old parts for under my tv, and happened to try terraria on it on occasions and it works great, like you say, if you turn down some graphical settings, resolution, etc.
I was agreeing with you I would have quoted the other guy but my phone is screwy when trying to multi qoute on the forums xD
[doublepost=1515243639,1515243315][/doublepost]
Actually, I’m allowed to have negative opinions and express them if I want to, we’ve literally gone from Q2 of last year to Q1 of this year which is very ridiculous. The wait is even worse now because we have to watch another console play the update while we don’t have it and it feels like everytime we get close to the release of the update it gets delayed again, almost like we’re being trolled even though we’re not. I wonder how many of you guys that want the update to keep being delayed realise that if this keeps going we will all die before this update is impossible. I’m not joking, if we’ve been through this much delay then anything is possible at this point
Dude you think that's bad try waiting for 15 years dude.

DiTtO

Edit: im saying as in its the same problom from before, not that i agree with him.

ok how about you try coding and seeing how hard it is before you claim that the game is trashed just becaue the interface changed.

also i find the "PC garbage" hilarious frankly
Hey, i cant agree with your reply to Salazar. People cant complain about a developer/coder unless they are a coder? Imagine if a mechanic :red:s up your car and swaps the gears and brake around for no reason, remember you cant complain because being a mechanic is so hard!!
I did not ask for the UI to change and I did not ask for the cloud saves to change. Once the bugs are fixed, if Pipeworks don't at least give an option to use previous interface, I wont be playing it anymore. back to LBP3 for my crafting addictions.

Last edited:
To claim the game is completely broken is not accurate. What we are dealing with is some instances of legacy worlds causing problems for people, hence why some people are encountering some pretty significant issues and others are not. Every single issue that has been reported by the community has been logged into our bug system.

You can't be serious. How can you say a game that completely overwrites another players save file, doesn't spawn at least half the events in multiplayer, and duplicates so many enemies that the game comes to a crashing halt, not completely broken? Mind you, this is without legacy saves and such. Game is completely broken when your entire save is gone or you can't progress due to lack of spawns.

We have a pretty large internal and external QA team. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that there was no way we could predict these issues would appear in the wild. When you hand the keys to the community it's a total game-changer especially with the size of one such as Terraria. We even took extra steps by asking the community for their save data months prior to shipping the game.

So you're telling me that your "large QA team" fired up the update and found none of these problems? Less than 30mins of testing would have uncovered most of these bugs. Again, the whole "in the wild" thing is total nonsense. You're working on the PS4 and Xbox, which are basically closed environments with very little variables.

so not only did xbox not get an update but a whole year went by with nothing for xbox players seems like a rip-off to me just give us the damn update already and give us a bugfix after the update like ya did with ps4 it aint hard

terraria's 1.3 update was sent to microsoft for cert testing, the update was postponed while we fix more bugs Ps. :red: you xbox players

Hey devs and Pipeworks team! I play both the pc and ps4 versions of the game and frankly, am enjoying both. I appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting in bringing the versions together! My hubs used to play with me on console way back when but the update has brought him back and we're playing together again.

I know you have a list of bugs but I noticed a couple minor ones that, before I filled out the form, wondered if you had already noticed… 1) numbers labeling amount in a stack in players inventory can go missing but is there if you highlight the item. 2) when placing objects in building mode (love building mode!) occasionally items will be duplicated and then disappear upon being picked up.

Thanks guys!
Hi @OddGirl, I’d suggest sending in the bug report form for those two bugs. They may already know about them, but if you give them your details and experience of encountering them, it may help them track down the cause easier. Here’s the form for easy reference: https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/form15/index.html

Ps. :red: you xbox players
@JordanB500, let’s tone it down please. Being frustrated is understandable, but abusive and insulting posts aren’t going to be tolerated.

Last edited:
Actually, I’m allowed to have negative opinions and express them if I want to, we’ve literally gone from Q2 of last year to Q1 of this year which is very ridiculous. The wait is even worse now because we have to watch another console play the update while we don’t have it and it feels like everytime we get close to the release of the update it gets delayed again, almost like we’re being trolled even though we’re not. I wonder how many of you guys that want the update to keep being delayed realise that if this keeps going we will all die before this update is impossible. I’m not joking, if we’ve been through this much delay then anything is possible at this point

Let me first say that you're always alowed of your own opinion no matter how absurd it is.

You say it's ridiculous that you had to wait so long, why?
You think Pipeworks intentionally make us wait longer then needed?
Don't you think that Pipeworks would've rather released 1.3 a year ago?
They didn't because the want to give , with emphasize on give, us a good update with as much fun and as less bugs possible, nothing is ridiculous about that in my opinion.
If you can't bare the fact that ps4 had the update already and we Xbox players don't then I wonder how you react when you find out that your neighbour got a bigger tv then you.
We'll get the update, and on par with the ps4 version, chill out do something else in the meantime and get over it.
Behaving like a spoiled kid that wants it's toys and wants them now isn't gonna help you a bit.

I feel for Pipeworks when the 1.3 update comes out and people find out there are still some bugs in the game after such a long wait, the whole circus of ranting, whining and burning the devs starts all over again.

Remember, 1.3 is FREE of charge, a gift, so stop whining.

Behaving like a spoiled kid that wants it's toys and wants them now isn't gonna help you a bit.
Whether you think someone has been acting respectively or not, please keep in mind that name calling and posting impolitely back is not acceptable here.

I specifically just now made an account because the lack of maturity I’m seeing in some cases. What baffles me is when a portion of the community heavily requests release dates, information, or something of the sorts. Nudging in areas that typically have still been very transparent for the developers their self. Then as a result of impatience it turns out the the raw and potentially incorrect information we’ve received is indeed not what is true and that there are delays. As provided this is an area that is a double edged blade when it comes down to it but also a very difficult area, no matter how professional, when a developer doesn’t want to be too transparent.

As they stated in their last post, they have a tendency to be too communicative (which some people blindly ignore due to the periods of silence). But I mean this in the sense that they haven’t always been in the place to release information (expectations/release dates) but they have due to popular demand.

I’m a person who is familiar with following “in development Games” and while this game is still a finished product on its own these update periods are similar to alpha and beta development periods. In the sense that they can provide you expectations and hopes but not guarantees unless they’re 100% comfortable with the information they’re providing (which I fear they never have but have released it anyways). While I find this as a lack of communicative proffesionalism I respect they’re efforts to ease fans. Unfortunately it’s only hurt them (or us as I am an Xbox player).

In the end, while your hopes and excitement should never deplenish as that is what makes fans a valid and comfortable part of indie games (also the part where it’s usually open communication between devs and us). It is best to keep your expectations not, low. As that would be unfair and disrespectful to the people making it. But rather try to use any information provide as a solid foundation to your hope for the outcome of what your waiting for, as to not let bumbs in the road hurt you so much. (I say this being an optimistic, and empathetic person though)

SUMMARY:
1: Pipeworks where your efforts to be open and transparent at the same time is commendable, sometimes silence or redirection is necessary until your comfortable with your reply (although your presumably professional so I’m sure I don’t need to say this)

2: Losing tempers and outraging towards NEVER guaranteed information is senseless, immature, and quite frankly as disappointing as the information provided. There are other ways to express these messages without making the community itself look bad.

I’m more than happy to discuss anything I’ve said to whomever it concerns or who has problems. Although if it’s arguments you’d have rather than commendable discussion I’d rather stick to private messages.

Thanks for for reading whoever stuck around this long, is lie if I said I wasn’t aiming this at anyone. Just asking for maturity and productivity from fans instead of outrage and meaningless bashing. (Arguments can be productive and level headed without intentionally hurting or disreputing anyone) [p.s. geezus this is too long]

Thanks, W

Unbelievable. How do you have the same bug with xbox again, and it hasnt even been certified yet? You have to re-submit it?! And you dont even have a date for when its going to be submitted? :red: this, im officially concerned about anything i see you're guys team attached to. What a joke. You seriously screwed xbox players, and not stop saying this :red: was out of you're control, anything to not take the blame. You guys submitted us late, you submitted us days before microsoft went on holiday, and then you chose to hold it for re-submission after seeing the issues with ps4 that not everyone is having. I have zero faith in anything you guys have to say from now on. ZERO
Lol why you so salty for a A FLIPPEN GAME YO, GO OUTSIDE LIKE A NORMAL CHILD, Jesus out ✌️

I specifically just now made an account because the lack of maturity I’m seeing in some cases. What baffles me is when a portion of the community heavily requests release dates, information, or something of the sorts. Nudging in areas that typically have still been very transparent for the developers their self. Then as a result of impatience it turns out the the raw and potentially incorrect information we’ve received is indeed not what is true and that there are delays. As provided this is an area that is a double edged blade when it comes down to it but also a very difficult area, no matter how professional, when a developer doesn’t want to be too transparent.

As they stated in their last post, they have a tendency to be too communicative (which some people blindly ignore due to the periods of silence). But I mean this in the sense that they haven’t always been in the place to release information (expectations/release dates) but they have due to popular demand.

I’m a person who is familiar with following “in development Games” and while this game is still a finished product on its own these update periods are similar to alpha and beta development periods. In the sense that they can provide you expectations and hopes but not guarantees unless they’re 100% comfortable with the information they’re providing (which I fear they never have but have released it anyways). While I find this as a lack of communicative proffesionalism I respect they’re efforts to ease fans. Unfortunately it’s only hurt them (or us as I am an Xbox player).

In the end, while your hopes and excitement should never deplenish as that is what makes fans a valid and comfortable part of indie games (also the part where it’s usually open communication between devs and us). It is best to keep your expectations not, low. As that would be unfair and disrespectful to the people making it. But rather try to use any information provide as a solid foundation to your hope for the outcome of what your waiting for, as to not let bumbs in the road hurt you so much. (I say this being an optimistic, and empathetic person though)

SUMMARY:
1: Pipeworks where your efforts to be open and transparent at the same time is commendable, sometimes silence or redirection is necessary until your comfortable with your reply (although your presumably professional so I’m sure I don’t need to say this)

2: Losing tempers and outraging towards NEVER guaranteed information is senseless, immature, and quite frankly as disappointing as the information provided. There are other ways to express these messages without making the community itself look bad.

I’m more than happy to discuss anything I’ve said to whomever it concerns or who has problems. Although if it’s arguments you’d have rather than commendable discussion I’d rather stick to private messages.

Thanks for for reading whoever stuck around this long, is lie if I said I wasn’t aiming this at anyone. Just asking for maturity and productivity from fans instead of outrage and meaningless bashing. (Arguments can be productive and level headed without intentionally hurting or disreputing anyone) [p.s. geezus this is too long]

Thanks, W

It would be a lot more productive from the community side of Xbox if we had the update. Sure, it's probably a raging dumpster fire of an update where all our world's and items were gone, but we could at least be submitting bugs. As it stands right now, we don't know anything. Who's to say that we even have the same bugs? Developing for two systems and expecting them to have all the same bugs is lunacy from any standpoint. At least with a release we could be playtesting as well; which would be parity.

Which leads me to my next point, the word parity. It is defined as "the state or condition of being equal, especially regarding status or pay". So, whoever is writing the releases for Pipeworks, please look up words before using them, because the current state is anything but parity. And maybe take some responsibility for delays that shouldn't have occurred if you're trying to keep things equal.

Let me first say that you're always alowed of your own opinion no matter how absurd it is.

You say it's ridiculous that you had to wait so long, why?
You think Pipeworks intentionally make us wait longer then needed?
Don't you think that Pipeworks would've rather released 1.3 a year ago?
They didn't because the want to give , with emphasize on give, us a good update with as much fun and as less bugs possible, nothing is ridiculous about that in my opinion.
If you can't bare the fact that ps4 had the update already and we Xbox players don't then I wonder how you react when you find out that your neighbour got a bigger tv then you.
We'll get the update, and on par with the ps4 version, chill out do something else in the meantime and get over it.

I feel for Pipeworks when the 1.3 update comes out and people find out there are still some bugs in the game after such a long wait, the whole circus of ranting, whining and burning the devs starts all over again.

Remember, 1.3 is FREE of charge, a gift, so stop whining.
Just because it’s free doesn’t mean I don’t have the right to be frustrated, we kinda have an obligation to this update when pc and PS4 now have it and we don’t. It’s crazy how long we’re gonna be left of for before we get this update

Just because it’s free doesn’t mean I don’t have the right to be frustrated, we kinda have an obligation to this update when pc and PS4 now have it and we don’t. It’s crazy how long we’re gonna be left of for before we get this update
We don't have an obligation, but Pipeworks would be making a HUGE mistake by not giving it to us.

I feel like I'm too old to be immature, but I have to speak up. Seriously. Against. This. Un. Calculated. Comment.

Really? That's your attitude about this? Do you remember when Terraria wasn't being actively updated for console and 1.3 wasn't even going to happen? Now that it's finally happening you are complaining that they're delaying the release so game-breaking bugs don't sour the experience? You sound so whiny. Terraria doesn't owe you anything.

Personally, I haven't had many problems with the PS4 version, but it does crash at least once a session. If Xbox folks can get a release with next to 0 crashes, that's worth a few extra weeks of development to me. Keep up the great work Pipeworks! Thanks for these updates!

Not even sure how you can say that and have anyone take you seriously. Just stop. Stop crying. It's not helping anyone. When it releases it'll release for Xbox. Seriously take a chill pill. Please.

Nice to see that someone's enjoying their 1.3 that we 'Xboxers' don't have.

I see that you, indeed, think that updates are OPTIONAL. IN FACT, THEY'RE NOT; Terraria's revenue went up dramatically after the well-deserved release of 1.3.

Where have you been?

EVEN if AN UPDATE IS OPTIONAL (the company behind it is well off), the lack of one seriously hurts a company's, as well as the game's, reputation.

I recommend that you check.

Now, I do see where you are coming from, but it's too late for such an attitude.

And, @Warman909068, without such an attitude, I, and many others, feel like our message will never get through. And it's better to release our feelings in such a manner than releasing our anger, for no reason, at our colleagues, family or/and friends. And don't tell me to get a diary (I already have one). It just feels better to write it online. Or, OnLan (Get it?)

Last edited:
It would be a lot more productive from the community side of Xbox if we had the update. Sure, it's probably a raging dumpster fire of an update where all our world's and items were gone, but we could at least be submitting bugs. As it stands right now, we don't know anything. Who's to say that we even have the same bugs? Developing for two systems and expecting them to have all the same bugs is lunacy from any standpoint. At least with a release we could be playtesting as well; which would be parity.

Which leads me to my next point, the word parity. It is defined as "the state or condition of being equal, especially regarding status or pay". So, whoever is writing the releases for Pipeworks, please look up words before using them, because the current state is anything but parity. And maybe take some responsibility for delays that shouldn't have occurred if you're trying to keep things equal.
Agreed on parity, I find it to be mistake on their part (although timing made it almost impossible). As for if we had the update, yes. I think with the information they have provided from public release of PS4 they’re just with holding they’re word on “quality over quantity”. Opinions on the choice is anyone’s own, I’m not one to judge, just saying circumstance provided over the holidays they couldn’t of even given us the bugged version due to a seperate issue Xbox had and now that they’ve had the holidays to look over discovered bugs I don’t think squashing them before release is a mistake.

There is one thing I'd like to discuss, though.

It would've been better if PS didn't waste their time on fixing that one minor bug for Xbox.

Ah, but what can I do to change the past?
[doublepost=1515261715,1515261638][/doublepost]I recommend that you read that new book on Trump . . . I certainly want to.
[doublepost=1515261761][/doublepost]@Mom, we're all in the same boat, unfortunately.

Agreed on parity, I find it to be mistake on their part (although timing made it almost impossible). As for if we had the update, yes. I think with the information they have provided from public release of PS4 they’re just with holding they’re word on “quality over quantity”. Opinions on the choice is anyone’s own, I’m not one to judge, just saying circumstance provided over the holidays they couldn’t of even given us the bugged version due to a seperate issue Xbox had and now that they’ve had the holidays to look over discovered bugs I don’t think squashing them before release is a mistake.

With as many bugs as it had when released for PS4, the whole suspend/save issue is rather minor. You're saying that it was worth waiting nearly a month later, when they knew what MS' schedule was around the holidays. This wasn't a simple mistake, this was either blatant incompetence (which seems likely due to the number and severity of bugs) or apathy (which seems unlikely as why would you welcome the vitriol that would naturally pour forth). This has been dodgy from the get-go. And as I stepback, I agree that squashing bugs before releasing is good, but they haven't tested it "in the wild". Hell, Xbox users don't even have a way to back up their games to other media, so we are damn sure to going to suffer more than PS. At least let us work to show what needs to be fixed at the same time instead of a month (or several) later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom