tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
well i did a conversation just try to help out......

Why would someone help you if they run the risk of getting criticized and possibly low-key insulted by the person they're trying to help? It'd be a wiser decision to just not be rude, here. A majority of the people on this thread are entirely willing to help you, but just because you don't get the exact answer you need doesn't mean they aren't trying at all. Just be patient, try things you think will work, take suggestions, and you'll get your answer.

Why would someone help you if they run the risk of getting criticized and possibly low-key insulted by the person they're trying to help? It'd be a wiser decision to just not be rude, here. A majority of the people on this thread are entirely willing to help you, but just because you don't get the exact answer you need doesn't mean they aren't trying at all. Just be patient, try things you think will work, take suggestions, and you'll get your answer.

well sorry.... ill try to trust but i dont want the pc to get ANY viruses. i would think its better just to say WHAT helps instead of complaining all the time

I have found a bug I've read existed before, when starting up the game from steam, when the game initialize CalamityMod it freezes the game on "Fonts/HPBarFont.xnb".
Disabling backgrounds seem to fix this problem but I rather not having those awesome backgrounds disabled.

I'm running on Linux Mint 19 using latest stable kernel with Terraria running at 1.3.5.3 (says 1.3.5.2 ingame tho) and tModLoader v0.10.1.5 and CalamityMod v1.3.4.103

Yo. Can you make it so players have the option to turn off the Minion damage nerf?
All it does is make an already weak class even weaker, and makes it unbearably boring to play for arbitrary reasons.

Another alternative would be making Melee, Ranged, and Magic damage receive a damage reduction when you have a minion summoned instead. That way, you're actually able to do stuff while playing Summoner without gimping yourself.

Last edited:
well sorry.... ill try to trust but i dont want the pc to get ANY viruses. i would think its better just to say WHAT helps instead of complaining all the time

Then don't download suspicious files. Nobody's just gonna hand you a virus unless you take it or you download it... especially not on a forum. Just be respectful and you will get your answer.

Please fix some bug
-staff of blunshie noting happend when use it
-supreme calamitas doesn't drop calamitas essence

i'll find more bug

First, you have to hold the mouse button a while for Staff of Blushie to work.
Second, Supreme Calamitas drops the essences, they are just flying like souls. Check where you killed Supreme Calamitas.

so ive been playng your mod and, it almost feels like a dlc for terraria its so fitting. and every bit of the little things are so amazing. between the soundtrack the items the bosses the balance it all feels fresh in a game ive sunk many many hours into. cheers M8

(I AM NOT COMPLAINING AT ALL! IF YOU GRACE THIS MESSAGE WITH YOUR AMAZING PRESENCE PLEASE READ TO THE END! THANK YOU!) this mod is one of the best mods i have ever played!! I started playing calamity (and modded terraria in general) back before the mod had the leviathan and the hell crags, whichever came first, i can't remember witch. this mod greatly incorperates the base game and i cannot play regular terraria at all anymore. it's challenging, it's always being updated and the content is epic and beautiful at the same time. the one problem i have with ever finishing this mod is this: it is way to hard!!! revengence, when it was added, was one of the toughest challenges i have ever done, and ever since this mod has only gotten harder! Death mode; 1 hit challenges, SUPREME FRICKING CALAMITAS! i was able to do a modded series where, using the armor enchantments from fargos, i got to surpreme cal before the abyss update and restarted for it. i got to skelletron before i had to cheat to beat him to my everlasting shame ( I suck at building and do terraria in general just for the combat and the bosses, sue me!) but the mods toughness is legendary! but i think that difficulty is what makes this mod so great. The difficulty, while great, can be overcome (i'm just to lazy to learn all i need for the different fights), the mod is ever evolving, and the feeling you get when you accomplish said fight? absolutely. exhilarating. all of you who contributed to this mod desere all the support you get, and none of the hate you recive (they just salty:SmugBrimmy: ). lastly, i just want to thank you. the community for supporting the creator, all of the people who contributed with videos, music and sprites for the mod (looking at you chippy, happy and dokuro. absolutly love what you guys do and can't wait to see what's next). and thank you, fabsol, aka cirrus or whatever you want to call yourself, for creating, not just a mod, but an experience, that can never be taken away. thank you, all so much, and good luck to whatever the next big project will be.

Then don't download suspicious files. Nobody's just gonna hand you a virus unless you take it or you download it... especially not on a forum. Just be respectful and you will get your answer.

...? iam being kind if i say something its not directly mean ill ask until i have better fps

I've loved this mod for a while, and i suppose it's because i never really got to SC, but still it's got a great thing going. But Supreme Calamitas is the saltiest Mary Sue I've ever seen. The boss already says :red: melee, and god forbid you went summoner. On top of that Rangers have been working on standing still as much as possible and mage is a glass cannon anyway. This fight just isn't worth it for most players. And what did the players in multiplayer do to you to deserve the lag machines. Our ranger can't even use his best equipment without crashing. I want to enjoy this mod, but there are some things in need of fixing. Go ahead, call me salty, tell me to get gud, whatever, just don't think that SC is how a boss should be done. Taking on SC literally just shut down my multiplayer group, bummed us out. We were ready for a climactic finish, not a slap in the face, told we farmed too hard for our defensive gear, and told we weren't allowed to play with the shiny things beyond that content wall. So while I enjoyed the journey, I won't be finishing it. GG No Re.

I've loved this mod for a while, and i suppose it's because i never really got to SC, but still it's got a great thing going. But Supreme Calamitas is the saltiest Mary Sue I've ever seen. The boss already says :red: melee, and god forbid you went summoner. On top of that Rangers have been working on standing still as much as possible and mage is a glass cannon anyway. This fight just isn't worth it for most players. And what did the players in multiplayer do to you to deserve the lag machines. Our ranger can't even use his best equipment without crashing. I want to enjoy this mod, but there are some things in need of fixing. Go ahead, call me salty, tell me to get gud, whatever, just don't think that SC is how a boss should be done. Taking on SC literally just shut down my multiplayer group, bummed us out. We were ready for a climactic finish, not a slap in the face, told we farmed too hard for our defensive gear, and told we weren't allowed to play with the shiny things beyond that content wall. So while I enjoyed the journey, I won't be finishing it. GG No Re.
Or...you you get Cheat Sheet and obtain the Post-SCal Content and hit her in the face with that

I agree on this one. The Supreme fight is locked down behind some kind of baby mode for end-tier gameplay.

I'm using Calamity equipment and maining the Minigun, and using Life Steal to supplement damage taken while tanking with the Asgardian Aegis.

Supreme will Enrage and Instantly Kill the Player if:
-A player takes 15 hits total through the entire fight (completely kills the party dynamic of having a tank/healer/dps)
-A player leaves the 200x200 square created by the boss (that you can't mine up even after the fight)
-A player takes less than 20 damage from any attack (10 with the totem, but using any kind of DR or temporary buff to null damage will get murdered)

We got to the end of the game only to be stone-walled by "mechanics" that, literally quoted from the page "to discourage the use of powerful equipment from other mods to trivialize the fight". Which is the most disgusting way of saying "Don't you DARE try to use other content with this mod".

But telling me I'm not allowed to use anything else to change YOUR "carefully balanced weapon and armor combinations" by stone-walling the final boss behind bull:red: mechnics is telling everyone on other servers we're not allowed to play the way WE want to.

In a sandbox survival game, that simply will not do. So we are taking to vote to either remove Calamity entirely or give out all the end-game items for free after the boss is able to be summoned. Which either way, feels like a let-down.

Or...you you get Cheat Sheet and obtain the Post-SCal Content and hit her in the face with that

Yeah but where's the satisfaction in that? Why even fight the boss at that point, especially if later she's supposed to be mandatory once bosses planned after her get implemented?

GG No Re.
I agree on this one.
Agreed. The Supreme Calamitas fight is pretty bull:red:. I'm told that the devs will nerf her once the planned future bosses are implemented, but no word on how or when that is going to be. Hopefully they will make the fight possible for scrubs like me.
Yeah but where's the satisfaction in that? Why even fight the boss at that point, especially if later she's supposed to be mandatory once bosses planned after her get implemented?
For retribution, I'd imagine. The satisfaction of returning to a boss that gave you hell with weaponry that trivialises it. I'd expect most players to do it at least once.

Hey, so I’ve been having a problem and I don’t know if it’s intentional, in the actual game or whatever, but the max mana seems to cap at 550 regardless of my accessories and items. I feel kinda cheesed as I ought to have more and I worked hard to get all that I have. (and I’m pretty sure it used to be 650)

I agree on this one. The Supreme fight is locked down behind some kind of baby mode for end-tier gameplay.

I'm using Calamity equipment and maining the Minigun, and using Life Steal to supplement damage taken while tanking with the Asgardian Aegis.

Supreme will Enrage and Instantly Kill the Player if:
-A player takes 15 hits total through the entire fight (completely kills the party dynamic of having a tank/healer/dps)
-A player leaves the 200x200 square created by the boss (that you can't mine up even after the fight)
-A player takes less than 20 damage from any attack (10 with the totem, but using any kind of DR or temporary buff to null damage will get murdered)

We got to the end of the game only to be stone-walled by "mechanics" that, literally quoted from the page "to discourage the use of powerful equipment from other mods to trivialize the fight". Which is the most disgusting way of saying "Don't you DARE try to use other content with this mod".

But telling me I'm not allowed to use anything else to change YOUR "carefully balanced weapon and armor combinations" by stone-walling the final boss behind bull:red: mechnics is telling everyone on other servers we're not allowed to play the way WE want to.

In a sandbox survival game, that simply will not do. So we are taking to vote to either remove Calamity entirely or give out all the end-game items for free after the boss is able to be summoned. Which either way, feels like a let-down.
Woah, you wanna remove Calamity just because of a boss? xd

Anyway, SCal will be redone when she becomes a normal boss and all that annoying mechanics may be removed.

Woah, you wanna remove Calamity just because of a boss? xd

Anyway, SCal will be redone when she becomes a normal boss and all that annoying mechanics may be removed.

Crossing fingers they at least make her reasonably hard. I'd say just bump her damage up to compensate for the loss of the hit cap, make sure the player never takes less than ___ damage or something (and not have the punishment for such damage be killing you.) Something that's necessarily fair.

Back
Top Bottom