Weapons & Equip Fixing the Keybrand in the most esoteric way possible

KIIINGDOM HEEEARTS!

• I know now, without a doubt, that this suggestion is great!

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • Eh.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Is this the answer? It can't be!

Votes: 5 11.9%

• Total voters
+1 for buffing Keybrand
It's damage is low compared to other post-Plantera gear, atleast a 10 ish damage boost would help.

If Strike Raid, Ars Arcanum and such were put in, I feel it should a craftable addition to it (reversable if you want to switch out), it be like.. breaking down keybrands for "cores" and infused with specific magic for the move you want. It'd be a Mana using Melee Damage weapon (hopefully still considered melee damage in the end).
But I'm not going to try to steal your spotlight. xD

Just keybrand does need a buff for its current standings. :|

perhaps it could be as fast as the hammer, but do less damage? it could be a way to get the second best thing if you dont want to go up against an incredibly rare but overpowered enemy. pally's hammer is approximately a 3% drop from a paladin, and the keybrand is 0.33% from hell, blue, and rusty bones.
Is there a particular reason you want it to be this way? Because my way would be about as effective as the Paladin's hammer, if not moreso due to the longer time being out.
Personally, I think it should stay a sword and not have a Boomerang function. Though, it does need a buff.
Do you have a reason for that? Because if not, then this isn't relevant to the thread.

Do you have a reason for that? Because if not, then this isn't relevant to the thread.

Yes. Because it's a sword right now, and I would rather it stay a sword. It needs a buff, and not be completely changed in my opinion.

Any feedback that is about the thread is relevant. It's not like I said "Oh, I don't feel good today..."

Is there a particular reason you want it to be this way? Because my way would be about as effective as the Paladin's hammer, if not moreso due to the longer time being out.

i'm just crazy about crowd control and it is harder to have good crowd control with a slow weapon, unless it is a spear.

Yes. Because it's a sword right now, and I would rather it stay a sword. It needs a buff, and not be completely changed in my opinion.

Any feedback that is about the thread is relevant. It's not like I said "Oh, I don't feel good today..."
What you did was akin to saying "Oh, I don't like this." and not giving a reason. If you don't give a reason, it doesn't help the suggester or the suggestion. If it doesn't help the suggester or the suggestion, then it isn't useful feedback.

But now that you've given me a reason - There are a lot of other threads about buffing the Keybrand as a sword. If that's what you want, then go look at those. It shouldn't be hard to search. That's not what this thread's about, though, so unless you can give me a good reason why changing it from a sword is mechanically or thematically an inherently bad idea, then your feedback still isn't useful.
i'm just crazy about crowd control and it is harder to have good crowd control with a slow weapon, unless it is a spear.
Crowd control is more about the piercing and knockback than it is about speed. This has good (in fact, the best) piercing, and if it were added, I imagine the devs would know an appropriate amount of knockback to give it.

What you did was akin to saying "Oh, I don't like this." and not giving a reason. If you don't give a reason, it doesn't help the suggester or the suggestion. If it doesn't help the suggester or the suggestion, then it isn't useful feedback.

But now that you've given me a reason - There are a lot of other threads about buffing the Keybrand as a sword. If that's what you want, then go look at those. It shouldn't be hard to search. That's not what this thread's about, though, so unless you can give me a good reason why changing it from a sword is mechanically or thematically an inherently bad idea, then your feedback still isn't useful.

Shouldn't "It's a sword, and I don't want it to be a boomerang" be taken from what I said in the first place tough?

I personally don't like the idea. What I said was it needed a buff, but making it a boomerang wasn't the way to go about it. Things can be short and say enough at the same time.

support.
[DOUBLEPOST=1425324617][/DOUBLEPOST]
Shouldn't "It's a sword, and I don't want it to be a boomerang" be taken from what I said in the first place tough?

I personally don't like the idea. What I said was it needed a buff, but making it a boomerang wasn't the way to go about it. Things can be short and say enough at the same time.
but saying you dont like the idea is going against the entire idea of the thread.

Meh. Keybrand definitely needs to be buffed, but I'm not a big fan of the boomerang idea (Maybe it could be combined with a key mold, creating a specialized biome-based Keybrand)

but the keybrand being a boomerang is the idea of this thread. you are going onto a thread and saying. "no, i dont like that idea." thats like going onto a youtube video about minecraft and saying "minecraft sucks".

Dude, it's feedback for a suggestion. I agree with the aspect of the buff at least, and the suggestion forum is for feedback in general, regardless if the feedback is positive or negative on an idea that is good or bad. That's what the suggestion forum is about. I am not committing a crime for providing feedback on a suggestion thread, a thread meant for feedback.

"It's a sword, and I don't want it to be a boomerang"
That is exactly the kind of thing that is useless in the suggestion forums. Why? Why don't you want it to be a boomerang? If you just don't like the idea itself, and cannot think of any way to rebalance or change it to better fit what you like, then why post? It helps no one. Not the suggester, not you, not the devs, and not anyone else reading this thread.
Positive or negative, feedback is still feedback.
Yes, but there is such a thing as bad feedback. Tell me, how exactly did
DakotaSpine said:
Personally, I think it should stay a sword and not have a Boomerang function. Though, it does need a buff.
help anyone?
It didn't. The purpose of feedback is to help the creators of what you giving feedback for improve it. This failed to do so, spectacularly, in fact.

Meh. Keybrand definitely needs to be buffed, but I'm not a big fan of the boomerang idea (Maybe it could be combined with a key mold, creating a specialized biome-based Keybrand)
Hero of Terra, I apologize for bastardizing your post to prove my point, but...

This was a useful thing to say. While this didn't give a reason why he didn't like it, he did offer a suggestion for how to improve it.

Back to what you were actually saying...

That's a very interesting idea. I might modify the suggestion with that idea.

Dude, it's feedback for a suggestion. I agree with the aspect of the buff at least, and the suggestion forum is for feedback in general, regardless if the feedback is positive or negative on an idea that is good or bad. That's what the suggestion forum is about. I am not committing a crime for providing feedback on a suggestion thread, a thread meant for feedback.
feedback-information about reactions to a product, a person's performance of a task, etc., used as a basis for improvement

all i see is you telling people you think it should stay a sword instead of thinking of ways to improve this idea.

feedback-information about reactions to a product, a person's performance of a task, etc., used as a basis for improvement

all i see is you telling people you think it should stay a sword instead of thinking of ways to improve this idea.

All people have different views. I personally feel that it should say a sword, but there is no saying rather or not that is the best option for the suggestion. I am just sharing my a side. You act as if I directly threw insults at the thread, when I only said I think it shouldn't switch to a boomerang.

All people have different views. I personally feel that it should say a sword, but there is no saying rather or not that is the best option for the suggestion. I am just sharing my a side. You act as if I directly threw insults at the thread, when I only said I think it shouldn't switch to a boomerang.
but how does that help this suggestion?

but how does that help this suggestion?

I at least agreed that it needs to get a buff. Even if it's feedback, it doesn't need to leave a revolutionary result on the idea.

Even if I didn't agree with a single thing, even if I said "Sorry, but I don't really feel like this is a good idea", then that is still feedback. That isn't breaking any rules, it's not committing a crime. It's feedback. It would be my view of it.

I don't see any reason why it should stay as a normal sword instead of a paladin's hammer/vampire knives combination. We already have plenty of swords, and there isn't really any way to make this weapon compete with the "true" blades without making it shoot lasers or something.

Back
Top Bottom