Name 1 habit that you simply cant shake in Terraria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
why do people keep their pickaxe in their hotbar? just hold shift and it uses your pickaxe in your inventory when you hover your cursor on a block.
When I'm walking left and switching between pickaxe, weapon, and torches, the pinky finger doesn't like attempting to move between A and Shift.

Plus in certain periods I have more than one pickaxe for different occasions. Prehardmode with Nightmare/Deathbringer and Molten, and hardmode with Shroomite Claws and Picksaw. I could get a Reaver Shark but I'm too lazy to fish before hardmode.

I keep my best/most used weapon on my 2 slot because for me, 2 is easier to hit on a keyboard. Also, I almost never have my pick on my bar, I would prefer to use Shift.

1: Having randomly placed chests with random stuff all over my base

2. Going through an armor set/weapon/accessory/tool in 30 minutes

3. Having my inventory like this: Rod, Picksaw, Digging claw, The Axe, Wisp + Bone key, alternate chest plate, piggy bank + safe, grappling hook...

4. Having my bottom row totally occupied by Greater Healing Potions

5. Ignoring the debuff from the RoD

6. Throwing Voodoo dolls in to lava when there's no Guide :(

I pop em if I have the items to do so. Though Golem, what I've been doing, is building wood platforms high enough so that the bottom of golem's room is off-screen whenever possible. This means lihzarhds (and mimics! usually 1-2 per golem fight) will spawn down there while I'm fighting Golem and oftentimes power cells will drop while I'm fighting golem, which allows me to farm him near-infinitely. If I see Plantera Bulbs, I'll pop those too if I happen to be derping around in the jungle (usually while on the way over to a golem farm session).

Exactly what I do. I have a particularily cheap way of defeating plantera, by luring it to my spawn in the jungle then spamming my scourge as I die and respawn, mainly for temple keys.

Exactly what I do. I have a particularily cheap way of defeating plantera, by luring it to my spawn in the jungle then spamming my scourge as I die and respawn, mainly for temple keys.
Spectre set with Hood, Mana Cuffs, Star Veil, decent Magic DPS weapon.

Farm Plantara anytime, anywhere. :dryadcool:

I usually just build towers as my housing. I tried building into Hills like Yrimir has in his Hagrid playthrough, but those worlds kept getting corrupt due to my stupidity. I also have my housing arranged in a certain way. Say if, the Angler dies during an invasion and 2 other NPCs die and they all switch houses, I'll re-arrange them so it's always the same. I also have a habit of dying. Which I really need to get rid of.

Not discarding non-renewable things.

Yes, this includes Dirt Blocks.

Totally. Conservation of matter, mang.

Making a greenhouse for alchemy purposes. Almost all of my established worlds have one. (All but my first three.)

I had a friend do this, and it looks really nice. I just made mine a basement with rows of pots.

I tend to house my NPCs according to shipping. Arms Dealer in the room next to the Nurse. Always.
Also, if I've collected too much of something I don't really want, I lose the ability to throw it away. This leads to a full inventory and me refusing to throw away a couple hundred stone for some loot.

Shipping! I like this novel approach :D

I use potions.
even when not needed
i tend to wast them... a lot.
and i never got herbs to craft potions, NOT ONCE!

I used to hate crafting, but really, potions are really useful. I suggest you get into it, even if it is begrudgingly.

I always cheat and completely surround The Hallow and Crimson/Corruption with a 5 block wide thing of clay in TEdit.

I hate the spread so I make sure it's localized and then proceed to put doors on each side so I can enter and exit.

I know I lose items that are covered over by the clay but eh, worth it in the long run.

Ehhh... I do this manually, in a way. I cordon off the lay of the land by putting hellevators every 400 blocks or feet [ I forget which, I haven't opened the game in ages] and every two screens or so deep. Then for the sections that have mainly corruption/crimson, I keep it as such, and for parts that spill over to mainly regular/ice/jungle biomes, I'll take note of it until I get a Clentaminator so I can make each blocked off portion its own biome. Of course, once HM is in play and I'm poppin' demon altars, then it becomes a test of vigilance to remove any renewed corruption/crimson in any of the non C/C biomes due to the introduction of new materials. Grids are cool :p

i carry multiple safes which house multiple crafting tables, multiple piggy banks, and multiple beds just because i keep losing them.

Having multiple safes is redundant; safes are more or less an extension of your character's inventory. If another player dropped her/his safe, and you opened it, you would see your own items in it, not theirs. I'm surprised you haven't caught on to this in your travails.

I never bother to build my houses above ground. Poor NPCs...

Also I never replant trees. When I run out of wood in my home world I create another one specifically for chopping down trees.

I always set my spawn in the Nurse's house so that I don't have to walk around with 100 health.

All of my chests have to be golden. No exceptions.

I never bother to build my houses above ground. Poor NPCs...

Also I never replant trees. When I run out of wood in my home world I create another one specifically for chopping down trees.

I always set my spawn in the Nurse's house so that I don't have to walk around with 100 health.

All of my chests have to be golden. No exceptions.
I always build huge towers with vast underground warehouses.

I usually just make a world, chop down all the surface trees, loot any surface areas, delete world, rinse and repeat.

I never use the nurse.

Golden, Shadow or nothin, brah.

I very rarely use potions. I fight without buffs. Well, bar the Spelunking and Shine potions.

Having multiple safes is redundant; safes are more or less an extension of your character's inventory. If another player dropped her/his safe, and you opened it, you would see your own items in it, not theirs. I'm surprised you haven't caught on to this in your travails.
I'm more than aware of it. I just tend to misplace them so I started carrying about ten of them at once so that I don't have to worry about them as much, and also so I have an inventory slot for safes to stack back into once I pick them back up.

it's not voluntary but after spending hours building a base I put hanging lamps and I realize that the base is off center :(

Ignoring common sense. I use a new character, I see a jungle and decide to look for loot. With no armor. Pitiful weapons. And about 140-180 health. And I wonder why I die so often.

I light up everything, and I mean EVERYTHING. Anywhere I've been there's torches everywhere. If a spot has slightly dimmer light, torch! If a spot is just a small little area you can't fit into so the other torch light doesn't shine through, torch! My underground is like 40% torches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom