PC PC is getting controller support!

Status
Not open for further replies.
That information isn't necessarily readily available to us, nor something we are at liberty to share, so please spare us the attitude. Wait until the developers have an answer. Anything else is conjecture until then.

@MouseyMouse, they do have other things that they need to take care of. You may be hovering over this thread waiting for a response, but that doesn't mean she is. Give them some time, please.

Just because I made you mad once doesn't mean I am constantly giving you attitude.

Also conjecture is what I line my cave with. So there's that.

Leinfors banned me from the thread but I can still edit this post. It's a fact.

Last edited:
She has a ton on her hands at the moment, I'm sure. I doubt she'll skimp on replying to you -- but if she does, it's only because she is super busy. :)

She's very good at responding.

That information isn't necessarily readily available to us, nor something we are at liberty to share, so please spare us the attitude. Wait until the developers have an answer. Anything else is conjecture until then.

@MouseyMouse, they do have other things that they need to take care of. You may be hovering over this thread waiting for a response, but that doesn't mean she is. Give them some time, please.
I knew i should add a line that she has life too. I WAS THINKING OF IT I SHOULD

My baby is 1 month old today. I promise I am trying to keep up with questions just a bit more difficult right now. This of course has not messed with development just how much I can interact with the community.

Most controllers that are compatible with PC will work with this. :)

You know one of the thing YOU could have done is read a post before disagreeing with it. And what's sad is that you have my quote in your post.

"Now, by the examples of posts I have shown you, you would not even have to give away anything, or at least nothing of note. All you really had to do to make this an interactive experience instead of what we got was simply to follow up on something you started. No need for spoilers or anything, simply reacting to your audience. And you could have made this fun. Instead all I felt was that you left a nice opportunity to interact leave without taking advantage of it."

I specifically said it wasn't about spoiler but about interaction with fans. "Hey these requested features are weird/made us laugh" is not a spoiler. As far as what suggestions will make it in the update I do not know. I don't normally read spoilers for anything (makes it very hard to go on the internet after Star Wars release if you haven't seen it but that's another story). And I'm not bashing the devs for not giving us more info, I respect them for that. Contrary to 99% of the internet, I'd much prefer if every video game company was like Bethesda and worked on their stuff for whatever how long they need and announce it when they get pretty close to release instead of Ubisoft announcing Beyond good and evil two years ago or Bioware doing the same for the next Mass effect.

But in this case, THEY asked fans to interact with them and I think it's a shame and a missed opportunity that they didn't follow up on it. They could have made it fun, have a laugh, make jokes and just interact with this idea they started. It's obviously not the end of the world, but I hope that someone on the dev team will see this and realize that in the future there is a way to interact with your fans in a fun way that is more than spoilers and teasers.
I suspect that is a bit of their intention. Something might have them wrapped up, right now.

For those decrying the lack of interactivity - you'll have to pardon the team for having a lot going on right now across the board. We try to interact as much as humanly possible - but time is finite, and as such we don't have the time we would love to do so. All that said, I feel pretty darned good about our level of community interaction and how we treat folks....just saying. :)

We will get a definitive answer on 360 controllers (I would test myself but I am FAR from my PC right now)....but I am strongly thinking the answer will be that they work as well.

Wish we could all breathe and chill a bit sometimes before we immediately go into assumptive rage mode. ;)

(And I see that I was Ninjad by @Cenx :p)

My baby is 1 month old today. I promise I am trying to keep up with questions just a bit more difficult right now. This of course has not messed with development just how much I can interact with the community.

Most controllers that are compatible with PC will work with this. :)
So you said that most controllers will work, but will 360 have its own icon layout?

They have a bit different icons. 360 has colored icons and xone has colored letters with black background . Also idk if i should ask but is there any chance that 1.3.1 will come out this month?

Nice. I prefer playing with keyboard and mouse, though. But it'll surely be nice for the people who like to play with controllers.

They have a bit different icons. 360 has colored icons and xone has colored letters with black background . Also idk if i should ask but is there any chance that 1.3.1 will come out this month?
The month has 2 days left so I'd say no. They would've announced it if it released that soon.

For those decrying the lack of interactivity - you'll have to pardon the team for having a lot going on right now across the board. We try to interact as much as humanly possible - but time is finite, and as such we don't have the time we would love to do so. All that said, I feel pretty darned good about our level of community interaction and how we treat folks....just saying. :)

You treat your consumers with respect, I never even implied you did not. The level of free content added to the game when you could have tried to sold them as add-ons or DLCs is probably the reason your fans are so loyal. But that doesn't mean you guys aren't passing up on opportunities. Now, I realize now that I assumed that thread I am referring to was made or initiated by the dev team. If it was started by a moderator or someone not part of the game making process, what I said goes straight out the window. But if it was the devs who started (or asked someone to make it) the thread asking fans for their ideas, then not following up on it is a missed opportunity. Because if it is the dev team, it should mean they were interested in the answers and either read them or had someone make a list for them. In which case making a list of funny suggestions or out of the box suggestions or your favorite ones should not have been that much effort, it could have flown naturally from simply reading the suggestions. If it was the devs and nobody was looking for the answers, well that would be just sad.

Ok, maybe I'm coming off as complaining a lot. I'm not. Really all the posts I've made were about the team could have used (or maybe how they could use it in the future) this opportunity to interact in a fun way, different from "here is a spoiler/trailer/teaser/news". The rest have been trying to explain myself because it feels like a lot of people are not understanding what I am saying or are thinking that I am negative about the game of the development team. I'm not. But loving this game (closing in on 1000 hours of play and still playing... can't wait for the update) and loving how this company treat their customers doesn't mean there aren't things that could be done or that no mistake was ever done.

Ok, I'll stop now before someone else thinks I'm bashing someone or something

So, the question I have is, does Controller support bring up the possibility of split screen on PC? Because that would be an amazing feature to have!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom