Search results for query: *

• Users: Bethany
  • Content: Threads
  • Order by date
  1. Bethany

Europa Universalis IV (plus all add-ons but one) for $20 at Humble Bundle

A year or so ago I nearly bought Europa Universalis IV on sale with a selection of add-ons. It was a pretty good deal, but there are so many add-ons that I decided to see how much it would cost to get them all. Being an Excel nut I made a spreadsheet comparing Humble's prices with those on...
  2. Bethany

Items Extemporaneous extensification for existing extractinator

I didn't think this suggestion out carefully over days, it's simple enough that it just occurred to me when reading a comment by Tecuser in the what-would-you-remove-from-Terraria thread. My idea doesn't warrant a whole new device. Instead I propose a minor extended function for the...
  3. Bethany

Humorous Okay, who knocked Skeletron's skull into space?

Whoever's responsible for placing this dangerous object into solar orbit should come forward and clean up after themselves. It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye skull. http://www.space.com/30980-halloween-asteroid-flyby-a-science-treat.html [eta] So there will be something to...
  4. Bethany

The yo-yo as a weapon in gaming and fantasy

While enjoying a few of Phil Foglio's What's New with Phil & Dixie comics, this strip from 1980 or a little later grabbed my attention. Note the spider god in frame two. http://www.airshipentertainment.com/growfcomic.php?date=20100307 What other references to using yo-yos as weapons have you...
  5. Bethany

PC Terraria for PC (Windows, Mac, Linux) $2.50 at Humble Store

Two and a half simoleons is the best price I've seen for Terraria, short of inclusion in a bundle. If you've been waiting, this would be a superb time to grab a copy. Not much to discuss but I figure it's better to post a thread about it than mention it in a profile post (as I usually do for...
  6. Bethany

Mobile Review of Moga Pro Power controller for Android

Some time ago I bought a Moga Pro Power controller to use with my Android phone, a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD. I really want to recommend this controller. When it works it's soooo nice! Sorry to say, from time to time I wish I'd returned it for a refund while I still could. Here's the story...
  7. Bethany

Standalone "Curses! Styled Again" — freeware mouse pointer customizer for PC (and maybe Mac?)

@Diablodoc 's post on changing your mouse pointer for better visibility is great. After being pleased with the immense improvement, I got to thinking. Converting back and forth from packed decimal to RGBA values is tedious for humans, simple for computers. Even a mistake while editing the...
  8. Bethany

PC Back it up, now!

No, I'm not Coolio. Not by a long shot. But with all the reports of items vanishing, losing modifiers, or changing into other items, I'm backing up my game files before every PC play session. This way if anything awful happens I can revert to how things were as of the most recent backup. If...
  9. Bethany

Console How much can you sell Stained Glass for on console?

The thread title says it all. Okay, it doesn't quite. Why do I want to know? Because I made a big post about earning money early in the game, and it turns out Stained Glass is worth 25 times as much on PC as it's worth on mobile, and I'd like to add console info to the post so it will be useful...
  10. Bethany

Mobile New bug-fix update for Android

Now available on Google Play. Lots of fixes: - Fixed crash for android 2.3 users - Fixed issue where ‘hot using’ an item would use it twice - Crafting now recognizes when it should use lead or iron bars - Crafting now recognizes correctly which type of wood it should use - Fixed crash on...
  11. Bethany

Mobile The "I must screenshot this" moments thread, mobile edition

The PC section of the forum has a thread called 'Terrarians, show us your "i must screenshot this" moment?' I couldn't find one for mobile so here's a new one. I haven't been playing mobile long. The iOS version's stable enough, and the iPad's controls are good enough, that I've been able to...
  12. Bethany

Easy money early in the game

When just starting out it's not easy to earn enough money to buy the things you want. Here are a few ways to make significant dosh with minimal or no danger. No big secrets here, just simple, reliable methods of filling those empty coin slots in your inventory. Falling-off-a-log easy methods...
  13. Bethany

Sad news: Terry Pratchett has met Death

I'm sorry to report that Terry Pratchett, one of our times' best writers and a personal favorite of mine, has died. He had been suffering from Alzheimer's for years yet kept creating those wonderful tales of Discworld. If you're already familiar with Mr. Pratchett's work — some of you have...
  14. Bethany

Electronics hack: mouse button pusher-downer

[Mods, I've no idea where this thread ought to go. If I guessed wrong please move it wherever. It's about a device useful only to PC or Mac users, if that helps.] In a barrel outside Alyssa Zimmerli's aerial house on Thisbe over 5,000 blocks of Silt and Slush await processing in the...
  15. Bethany

Map/diagram showing where Crimson/Corruption and Hallow spawn?

I'm almost certain I saw a diagram, or map, showing the range of positions where the bands of Crimson/Corruption and Hallow might spawn when you enter Hardmode — the X or V. This wasn't just a rough approximation. Someone worked out the maximum and minimum slope and horizontal position for each...
  16. Bethany

Hardmode Wooden Crate contents question (fishing). Wiki error?

The wiki shows the following quantities for normal and hardmode ores, normal and hardmode bars when opening a Wooden Crate. I suspect an error, which I show in red. | Ores | Bars | | | | | | Pre-hardmode | 8–20 | 2–7 | | | | | | Hardmode | 8–20 | 8–20 | | | | | | Can someone who's opened...
  17. Bethany

Tool Excel VBA function to format money amounts as platinum/gold/silver/copper

Note: This post is intended for Microsoft Excel users who feel confident using Excel's Developer tools, specifically the Visual Basic environment. The code is simple and straightforward, and I encourage users to read and understand it before use so you'll know there's no funny business. Running...
  18. Bethany

How do you think about your Terraria pets, mounts, and minions? Names? RP-type interactions?

So far in late pre-hardmode play I've found or crafted several pet, mount, and minion summoning items: Zephyr Fish, Tartar Sauce, Amber Mosquito, Unlucky Yarn, and Magic Pumpkin Seed; Fuzzy Carrot and Hardy Saddle; Slime Staff, Hornet Staff, and Imp Staff. In my imagination some of the summoned...
  19. Bethany

Mobile Switch from local to cloud worlds = crash when Moga game controller is connected

Hello, all. I've been playing Terraria on the PC since the Humble Bundle included it. Haven't got around to playing any of the other titles in that bundle, either. A few days ago I put it on my phone and tablet as well, and because I find the on-screen controls difficult to use I got a Moga Pro...
Back
Top Bottom