1.3.6 Background Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am liking the new sun graphic. (Edit: Corrected by Leinfors. It's not new.) Will there be alternatives like with the moon? Is the moon getting some new graphics as well?

The green blocks on the car look like painted metal blocks, but I don't recognise the grey ones. Perhaps we are getting some iron/lead blocks? I hope so! :)

Even though the design of the port is simple, I quite like it. I wish I had that sort of creativity...

Last edited:
Hello Terrarians!

The Re-Logic dev team has been hard at work on 1.3.6 this week. There is some pretty exciting stuff, so we thought we'd start your weekend off right with a look at one of the many new backgrounds coming to Terraria in 1.3.6 :)

Oh, well that's cool. A new background is always ni- WAIT, WHAT?! MANY?!

So this means three backgrounds for the coast?
Islands, Easter Island heads, and now this new one

I'm loving the new introductions to Terraria but, why is there so many 1.3 based updates? Most of the implemented features could go to 1.4 and it'd still be a fun update. I'm just curious why we are getting a 1.3.6 update when the previous 1.3 updates were already good.

Historically the 1.x updates have been for major content updates to the game. 1.x.x updates have been for minor additions to the game, like adding more items or optional events.

Underworld has only one background. Maybe they gonna add more. Desert also have like 2 or 1 too (not counting corrupted/hallow/crimson desert).

Underworld has only one background. Maybe they gonna add more.
Underworld used to have three backgrounds. 1.3 gave it a new singular background and the previous Underworld backgrounds were moved to the lower Cavern layer.

pOinTleSs uNlesS iT coMeS iN tHe uPComiNg mObiLe rEleaSe

Jokes aside, this update probably won't be coming to mobile any time soon, seeing as 1.3 still isn't out for it. They'd have to add in the 1.3.1 through 1.3.5 updates before they could even get to this one. I'm not sure why you consider it pointless if it only comes out for PC/Mac.
Well remember, they are completely rewriting it. And they said that mobile/console will be up to date with pc when it's released. So it will be added.

@iKirbyGaming, to clarify, when the next Console update is released, it will be version 1.3. It will not be using the same version as PC (1.3.5).

Indeed ^

Taking that a step further though, there are plans to do all that can be done to "catch up" the other versions to PC. That is at least part of the hope/intent behind the rewrite: making those additions from PC easier and more smooth. What that means in practical terms (how much faster, etc) is still unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom