Official 1.3 Launch Feedback Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok. played for a bit, thought it over.....moonlord just feels more like a sidequest than the game's boss
In a way though, you could probably say that about most things you do in the game. other then vauge hint's from the guide, there's nothing really driving you to do things summon the wall of flesh or fight Plantera.

Another thing that I saw in another thread, but I feel is a good point is that perhaps the portal gun should come a bit earlier in game. It's fun don't get me wrong, but it being at the end of the game makes it nothing more than a novelty that you either A) took to a new world to begin fresh B) Put in a box and only used occasionally C) Used it until the novelty wears off due to there being already probably countless ways at that point to where you could accomplish the same task or find something more fun

For the most part, I'm loving Expert mode, I'm now post-Plantera, soon to be post-Golem. I've been tracking a lot of my likes/dislikes, and will post something soon.

But in the meantime. For the love of god, will you please give an option to disable shift-click discard, or somehow make it smarter than me? I know it's my own dumb fault, but I've gotten rid of a few seriously nice things, thinking I was putting them in a chest. I just wiped my Discount Card a minute ago.;(

Hi developers, thanks for making an excellent game and continuing to update it!

Hardcore pre 1.3
I generally play Terraria in hardcore mode, I find the change in gameplay enjoyable. As an example; instant death from underground explosives is an unfortunate and rare inconvenience for a softcore player, for a hardcore player, you must change your gameplay and properly prepare to avoid an instant death from this same situation. The change in gameplay and necessary preparation is fun and that is what we hardcore players enjoy about hardcore (that and a good story to tell upon death). In this case you can spelunk more carefully, carry a pressure plate with you at all times (to see wires on screen), or craft danger sense potions.

Hardcore in 1.3 - Medusa
Medusa's stoned fall damage is another one of these instant death scenarios for players to find a way to play around, the only problem is, there isn't a very good way to play around it. I am referring to the fall damage that can deal over 500 damage for a fall short enough to deal 0 damage under normal circumstances. Although I believe this damage to be so high as to be in 'bugged' territory, I have seen a dev on this forum say that it is working as intended, so I will say no more about the large damage, only ways to avoid it. You can't negate it with lucky horsehoe type items. You can't avoid the biome as she can spawn before the biome is on screen (or lit up). You can't dodge a projectile, as there is none. You can turn your back to her, but only if you can see her. If you can't see her, or don't identify her in a group of monsters, the only recourse is to stay firmly planted on the ground. So, you cannot properly prepare for a Medusa attack, but you CAN change your gameplay to avoid a stupid instant death to her.

The problem I have with this is that staying firmly planted on the ground at all times whilst underground is an 'unfun' gameplay change, and also one that isn't entirely possible 100% of the time. Even making a small (~10-20 block high) controlled fall can turn into an instant death situation.

I'm all for hard enemies, stupid deaths, heck, even things that can kill a max hp player in one hit, but they need to be circumstances that can be countered or avoided with the correct preparation or change in gameplay. The Medusa's stone debuff fall damage does not fit into this category and is as such, not a challenge to overcome, but an un-fun luck-of-the-draw hardcore character killer.

To end on a high note, I love everything else implemented in 1.3 and the game in general, I truly believe it to be one of the best games of the last 10 years, thank you for continuing to update and support the game and it's community. We love you all to pieces! ^_^ <3

Hi developers, thanks for making an excellent game and continuing to update it!

Hardcore pre 1.3
I generally play Terraria in hardcore mode, I find the change in gameplay enjoyable. As an example; instant death from underground explosives is an unfortunate and rare inconvenience for a softcore player, for a hardcore player, you must change your gameplay and properly prepare to avoid an instant death from this same situation. The change in gameplay and necessary preparation is fun and that is what we hardcore players enjoy about hardcore (that and a good story to tell upon death). In this case you can spelunk more carefully, carry a pressure plate with you at all times (to see wires on screen), or craft danger sense potions.

Hardcore in 1.3 - Medusa
Medusa's stoned fall damage is another one of these instant death scenarios for players to find a way to play around, the only problem is, there isn't a very good way to play around it. I am referring to the fall damage that can deal over 500 damage for a fall short enough to deal 0 damage under normal circumstances. Although I believe this damage to be so high as to be in 'bugged' territory, I have seen a dev on this forum say that it is working as intended, so I will say no more about the large damage, only ways to avoid it. You can't negate it with lucky horsehoe type items. You can't avoid the biome as she can spawn before the biome is on screen (or lit up). You can't dodge a projectile, as there is none. You can turn your back to her, but only if you can see her. If you can't see her, or don't identify her in a group of monsters, the only recourse is to stay firmly planted on the ground. So, you cannot properly prepare for a Medusa attack, but you CAN change your gameplay to avoid a stupid instant death to her.

The problem I have with this is that staying firmly planted on the ground at all times whilst underground is an 'unfun' gameplay change, and also one that isn't entirely possible 100% of the time. Even making a small (~10-20 block high) controlled fall can turn into an instant death situation.

I'm all for hard enemies, stupid deaths, heck, even things that can kill a max hp player in one hit, but they need to be circumstances that can be countered or avoided with the correct preparation or change in gameplay. The Medusa's stone debuff fall damage does not fit into this category and is as such, not a challenge to overcome, but an un-fun luck-of-the-draw hardcore character killer.

To end on a high note, I love everything else implemented in 1.3 and the game in general, I truly believe it to be one of the best games of the last 10 years, thank you for continuing to update and support the game and it's community. We love you all to pieces! ^_^ <3
I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to die to a Medusa while playing on hardcore... Even though I don't loose anything except a few coins, dying to a Medusa still makes me rage because of how unfair and broken that one enemy is.

Some minions can damage cultists in their non-aggroed state. I guess it kind of makes sense, and it's more of a problem I have than anything else, but I'm sure it's annoying for players to accidentally trigger the cultist fight. And, if some minions can't harm them, why aren't all the minions unable to?

@Cenx i was mildly disappointed with 1.3 dont get me wrong it is much better than 1.2.

Post-Golem goes very quickly, you don't actually have to prepare very much to fight the cultists and pillars, unlike the mechanical bosses. Would be nice if there were new ores that you had to get to effectively take out the cultists. Also you don't really need to go through the moon events or Duke Fishron to effectively beat the "end game" enemies, as you can do them pretty easily without having to go through with those fights.

Overall impressions of 1.3 have been relatively good. There were clear differences to this playthrough as oppose to a 1.2 one. However, those differences were mainly in mechanics and newer items, not changes to your strategy or gameplay. I feel like the "end game" stuff could go on for longer, instead of being done with it within about 30 minute

I beat the Moon Lord on regular world, much easier than on expert world, on regular world, the game is casual.

I've noticed that it's really easy to deposit items without knowing using quickstack, so I think it would be helpful if you could see what items you're depositing beforehand. Maybe those items could be highlighted while the mouse is over the quickstack button.

So there's this fairly popular thread here which made me reflect about this.

Could there possibly be any further changes between Expert Mode and Normal Mode in future or is it not intended to give very differential experiences?

I'm glad Expert Mode was introduced but I'm wondering how many people share the view that it could do with a few more additions over Normal?

EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK

EXPERT MODE FEEDBACK

its not too hard to kill the vortex pillar, BUT(T), Nebula and Solar are way too overpowered. Nebula Floaters are way too powerful, especially in groups of 2 or more, and Crawtipedes do WAY too much damage in one hit. i have 121 defense and the were doing over 100 damage to me.

I was looking at the wiki to look at all the 1.3 stuff and i found a solar drill,hammer,axe same for vortex,stardust and nebula but that all said untameable so will you add these items

I was looking at the wiki to look at all the 1.3 stuff and i found a solar drill,hammer,axe same for vortex,stardust and nebula but that all said untameable so will you add these items
I've never seen a "Solar Drill" mentioned anywhere before and there's a Solar Flare Hamaxe, if that's what you meant?

Where you perhaps looking under a page intended for future console content? 1.3 upwards content is only available to PC currently and I assure you that the Solar set alone with the other Lunar Event items are currently obtainable on PC.

I've never seen a "Solar Drill" mentioned anywhere before and there's a Solar Flare Hamaxe, if that's what you meant?

Where you perhaps looking under a page intended for future console content? 1.3 upwards content is only available to PC currently and I assure you that the Solar set alone with the other Lunar Event items are currently obtainable on PC.

The Lunar sets have drills and whatnot in the data, just aren't available to create. That's what they meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom