Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

Easiest way I can tell you is use this, then add your wings to it once you confirm it's working: http://javid.ddns.net/tModLoader/generator/ModSkeletonGenerator.html
I already did use it quite some time ago, and I have fixed the error already. However, that brought me another error:
Items/XervosMod_Wings
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddEquipTexture(EquipTexture equipTexture, ModItem item, EquipType type, String name, String texture, String armTexture, String femaleTexture)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddEquipTexture(ModItem item, EquipType type, String name, String texture, String armTexture, String femaleTexture)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadItem(Type type)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
I'm assuming this error is telling me that there is no linked texture to the file, correct?
If so, how do I fix it exactly?

[/QUOTE]
I already did use it quite some time ago, and I have fixed the error already. However, that brought me another error:
Items/XervosMod_Wings
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.GetTexture(String name)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddEquipTexture(EquipTexture equipTexture, ModItem item, EquipType type, String name, String texture, String armTexture, String femaleTexture)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AddEquipTexture(ModItem item, EquipType type, String name, String texture, String armTexture, String femaleTexture)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.AutoloadItem(Type type)
at Terraria.ModLoader.Mod.Autoload()
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModLoader.do_Load(Object threadContext)
I'm assuming this error is telling me that there is no linked texture to the file, correct?
If so, how do I fix it exactly?

according to your file, your wings name is XervosMod, you need
XervosMod.png <- inventory image
XervosMod_Wings.png <- worn image

and it needs to be in the Items folder < could be as simple as naming the folder Item instead of Items

according to your file, your wings name is XervosMod, you need
XervosMod.png <- inventory image
XervosMod_Wings.png <- worn image

and it needs to be in the Items folder < could be as simple as naming the folder Item instead of Items
Done, I figured out where you were coming from and fixed the error.
Now for the last question, and probably the dumbest ever asked... :p
The item 495 does not exist in the mod XervosMod.
If you are trying to use a vanilla item, try removing the first argument.
at Terraria.ModLoader.ModRecipe.AddIngredient(Mod mod, String itemName, Int32 stack)
at XervosMod.Items.WaldoWings.AddRecipes()
at Terraria.ModLoader.RecipeHooks.AddRecipes()
Yeah, that.
(I still have tons of questions I'll ask in a later time, probably when I start adding new stuff to my mod).

recipe.AddIngredient(null, "angelwings", 1);
recipe.AddIngredient(null, "demonwings", 1);

what you want is

recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.AngelWings, 1); < - delete the null part, when using vanilla you use an int or an ItemID.
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.DemonWings, 1);

if you use ItemID. you'll need to add this to the top

using Terraria.ID;

recipe.AddIngredient(null, "angelwings", 1);
recipe.AddIngredient(null, "demonwings", 1);

what you want is

recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.AngelWings, 1); < - delete the null part, when using vanilla you use an int or an ItemID.
recipe.AddIngredient(ItemID.DemonWings, 1);

if you use ItemID. you'll need to add this to the top

using Terraria.ID;
I'm assuming I have to change

recipe.AddTile(null, "mythrilanvil");

into

recipe.AddTile(TileID.MythrilAnvil);
?
EDIT: Nevermind, I changed the TileID too and it worked finally!
Thanks a lot @Zero-Exodus, you have been a great help!

How to play tModLoader still despite the 1.3.3 update.

1.Install Gamelauncher
2.Download tModLoader
3.Rename the Terraria.exe in the tModLoader folder to something else (Like tModLoader.exe)
4.Drag contents of tModLoader folder to where Terraria is(in stean/steamapps/common/Terraria)
5.Open Terraria with Gamelauncher.
6.Add tModLoader.exe as an instance.
7.???
8.Profit

Gamelauncher lets you have tModLoader and Vanilla Terraria as seperate instances, you have to reinstall gamelauncher every time Terraria updates though, as the update replaces Gamelauncher.
thanks man this worked for me :D<3

You can use this to Download mods
All Mods in the Mod Browser get shown there
Press the Button Combination that opens the search Window (i dont know wich it is on Mac) and search the mods you wanted
I have been trying to use that for my mod, but I realize that I can't find a lot of mods that I would want to use using the search bar. I am trying to replicate the mods from this video:
(In the description is the list) I downloaded the right tmodloader and used the search bar to try and find some of the mods. Unfortunately, I couldn't find some of these mods. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this post sounds a bit confusing

I have been trying to use that for my mod, but I realize that I can't find a lot of mods that I would want to use using the search bar. I am trying to replicate the mods from this video:
(In the description is the list) I downloaded the right tmodloader and used the search bar to try and find some of the mods. Unfortunately, I couldn't find some of these mods. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this post sounds a bit confusing
it meas they deleten or not updaten since version 7.1 i think (what is not realistic because hes lets play started in version 8 xD)

if you search the mods MinersExtra v1.1.4,PotionsPlus v1.2.3,PreHardModeWings v1.1.3 and Lunar Rings v1.0.4 are 100% deleten

Back
Top Bottom