1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TCF will be undergoing a scheduled software and server upgrade on September 26, 2019 beginning at 9:00AM GMT. TCF may be unavailable for an extended period after this time. More information can be found here. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause, we will try to keep the downtime short.

PC 1.3: Which Item is Now the Rarest?

Discussion in 'PC General Talk' started by James Harrow, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Electroman102

Electroman102 Retinazer

RNG seems to like me.
    Today I got a depth meter, 3 ancient iron helmets, and 2 skeleton banners.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  2. EparoBro

EparoBro Terrarian

The reason y’all complaining about the tune wizard is because you’re never underground. After you get the hardmode ores, you’re never really down there ever. In my recent play through (On PS4) I was looking for Souls for a biome mimic key and found 3 in less than an hour.

3. Demolti

Demolti Terrarian

I'd say nymph banner should be higher than Tim because you can increase Tim's spawnrates with a gem robe

4. Laluzi

Laluzi Skeletron

Nymph banner is definitely harder to get than Rune Wizard/Tim because Tim and Rune Wizard will teleport to you when they spawn, where the Nymph will sit offscreen where she spawns - a spot that's too far away from your summon to aggro, even if it can go through walls. If you're standing still or if you travel in the opposite direction as her, she'll eventually despawn. This is very different from most enemy spawn behavior, because they'll move towards you if they can, and will likely be close enough to you once the twelve-second immunity is up to avoid the despawn. In the case of the caster AI, they teleport to you no matter where they spawn, so they'll essentially never despawn from inactivity.

That said, I think the Undead Miner Banner is way harder to get than any of these. God, but those things never show up. As for the rarest item, I'd probably nominate the Lucky Coin.

(Pinky Banner is relatively easy because Pinky can spawn aboveground. If you build, you'll get one eventually. Think my current world has 85 Pinky kills.)

chapapote and The_Viking like this.
  5. The_Viking

The_Viking Skeletron

I'd have to say the Undead Miner Banner. I've never killed more than 4 Undead Miners in a world before.

6. Krizi

Krizi Terrarian

He is talking about 1.2, and there were now solar tablets in 1.2. Nowadays it's way easier to get solar event weapons.

7. Krizi

Krizi Terrarian

It's obvious that banners of rare mops are the rarest items, but considering they're a 100% drop every 50 enemies, the only rare thing with them is the mob. Also unobtainable items aren't the rarest. So, for me the rarest 1.2 items are:
    Rod of Dicord
    Ocram's Mask
    Pulse Bow

I haven't played trough 1.3 completly, but here's some of the stuff I know/think:
    Arkhalis
    Still Pulse Bow
    Slime Staff

8. ace206

ace206 Terrarian

we all know its the copper shotsword

9. TheArcaneRobin

TheArcaneRobin Terrarian

Souls of blight? Anyone?

10. Omega Derpling

Omega Derpling Spazmatism

Tin Shortsword. Think about it, who in the history of eternity has actually bothered to craft that?

11. ace206

ace206 Terrarian

me because I tought shortswords were greater that broadswords.

12. Omega Derpling

Omega Derpling Spazmatism

you bothered to craft tin though? really? you didn't just skip to silver/tungsten/gold/platinum?