Official 2014 ReLogic Terraria Halloween Contest Entry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tools: Gameiki
Version: PC
Creation: Spooky Tower with a little backyard

Entry:
WbXHBPt.jpg

This video isn't the entry, it's just to show how I built it.

Last edited:
Hi. This is my entry.
What platform you used (PC/Console/Mobile)? - PC
Your concept & Inspiration - I wanted a really spooky pumkim creature of horror and hell.
(WARNING - Huge image)
terraria halloween.jpg

"The pumkim was a broken fruit, with a human skull lurking from it.
Its bare heart chained to a golden necklace, like a vital jewel without grace.
Its tunic, made of dark blue dyed bone fibers, with hanging nest of spiders.

In its bloody left hand, a corrupted flame of evil magic.
On its boney right hand, a tower of the dead and tragic.
And in its belly lay, an all-seeing eye"

(In the eye I put some Purple Emperor Butterfles, to add some nice effects, unapreciable on pic)

Why hello there!
The attached files are my entry for the 2014 Halloween contest.
It is supposed to be a graveyard in the moonshine.
Next to it a little castle.

This creation was build in the PC version of Terraria.
It is nothing huge, yet the images are going to be somewhat big.

Terraria.png
Terraria2.2.png Mansion.png Moon.png Minimap2.png Don't miss the Thumbnails! They are also important :3!
Minimap.png

I really am sorry for all the light bugs - I tried to make it look cool and spooky with the Scourge of the Corruptor
but it ended up making lights appear where they shouldnt have been.
So to make everything more viewable I also added a picture of my craft while it was daytime and a few extra screenshots to make you understand my concept better.

My inspiration was an image I had in my mind for quite a long while. It was of a horror movie I watched as a youngster and I cannot remember the films name.
It makes me angry till the day!
It was a mansion on a graveyard and some spookie zombies were around. (It was an old movie for sure!)

From there on I tried to add some stuff.
The Moon for example.
And some Terraria related themes.

Some things, however, did not make it into the picture - What I tried to do was a Mourningwood (great name by the way) in the bottom left corner,
a Pumpking, instead of the Twins, and a Playermodel with a Terra Blade in an epic battle,
an Eater of Worlds in the background using Walltiles to make him look like he is in the distance, rushing out of the ground just before the moon.
However the building wasnt big enough in order to make these things happen because then nothing would have been in kind of a normal size.

What platform you used (PC/Console/Mobile)? PC
Your concept & Inspiration: I built a big obsidian hell-room with red brick walls and made a spooky tree that looks a bit like in real life that has some sort of candles/lights on it to make it spookier. I also added a "retractable" spooky-wood bridge that has a roof and a pretty big tower in which NPCs can stay and be scared.
If you are a team, team member list? Just me, hiperlucario

I worked a lot on this (48-72 hours +) and this is my final result:

or alternative.

Hi, this is my entry for the Halloween Competition!
Tools: Gameiki
Inspiration: I just wanted to make an assortment of nifty, spooky, halloweenie (Is that a thing? Who cares.) stuff, mostly things from popular Halloween culture.
Below I have placed six (sorry is that okay?) Images, a spooky tree and pumpkin farm, MASSIVE haunted mansion, graveyard and sacrificial tower in that order. Please try to ignore the derpy overlapping images.
2014-10-25_00002.jpg
2014-10-25_00003.jpg
2014-10-25_00004.jpg
2014-10-25_00005.jpg
2014-10-25_00007.jpg
2014-10-25_00009.jpg

Platform Used: Terraria PC (PC MASTER RACE)
Tools Used: TerraMap
Inspiration: Team Relogic's massive brain when it comes to updates...also the Brain of Cthuhlu
Time Taken: 4 days + Whiskey breaks

Note: I know this is a halloween contest and I know my build isn't that "Halloweeny" ;3 but the Brain of Cthuhlu is rather scary in his second phase.

2014-10-25_00001.jpg

Contest%20Entry.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1414274911][/DOUBLEPOST]Platform Used: Terraria PC (PC MASTER RACE)
Tools Used: TerraMap
Inspiration: Team Relogic's massive brain when it comes to updates...also the Brain of Cthuhlu
Time Taken: 4 days + Whiskey breaks

Note: I know this is a halloween contest and I know my build isn't that "Halloweeny" ;3 but the Brain of Cthuhlu is rather scary in his second phase.

Please Excuse my piss poor editing skills multiple players and toolbars are present XD.
Contest Entry.jpg
2014-10-25_00001.jpg

I have 2 done right now, should have Xbox soon.
PC: A Spooky tree, some pixel art, and my personal name for the contest, The #2Spookiest Terraria Halloween Contest
46B5D1FC47A0E88D859F826D57F831D6E9BFD7FD

Mobile: The hill and moon from the movie The Nightmare Before Christmas
*Sorry it's so zoomed in, I did it on an iPhone 4S*
10421198_1717023421855208_172672665095743974_n.jpg

Xbox: #2Spooky Mansion. I now live here, btw.
*Also sorry for the bad quality, I took pictures on my phone of the screen, then linked them together in Photoshop. #AmateurEditor
1966035_1717409511816599_5124308939094597033_o.jpg

Last edited:
Platform: PC
Just a small shack of spooky- and shadewood in the middle of a crimson, things are Stinky Potioned to bring a plague-like effect

Attachments

• 2014-10-18_00001.jpg
    2014-10-18_00001.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 465
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom