Best mods for starting out?

Hey. I'd like to ask, what mods are you guys recommending? I'm mostly looking for some overhauls with new items, maybe new mechanics. No limits!

I picked up Throum+, W1K's Variety, Ulterraria and Elemental Boots. Is GRealm that good to pick?
GRealm is, in my opinion, the best mod so far.
It adds so many unique things, and they fit so well into the actual game, you might just not notice that it is a mod you're using.

I picked up GRealm and Pumpking's Mod. I also wanted to get Shockah's Accessory Mod and Suffixes, but they seem to not like a lot of other mods (and I mean A LOT). Are there any alternatives to them?

I picked up GRealm and Pumpking's Mod. I also wanted to get Shockah's Accessory Mod and Suffixes, but they seem to not like a lot of other mods (and I mean A LOT). Are there any alternatives to them?
Suffixes is a big no.
Accessory Slots+ is compatible, you need to disable "Accessory Slots+ Support" in BaseMod's Mod Options.

Evening, I have downloaded the Thorium mod thus far, but I am looking for more mods to use in combination/tandem if at all possible. Can you guys recommend mods that are compatible with each other to run at the same time?

I think that all the mods that are said here are compatible with each other. I know that Necro, Elemental Boots, Thorium+, GRealm, and Berb work together.

They are all compatible. The only mods I have seen that have compatibility issues are Shockah's Mods.

I installed the necro, thorium, and GRealm mods and tried it out for a bit. Do I need to create a new world for the full experience? Are there any more mods that work really well with them? fyi, it was not fun fighting zombies that can open doors at night during the first night with nothing more than my slow short sword >.>

I installed the necro, thorium, and GRealm mods and tried it out for a bit. Do I need to create a new world for the full experience? Are there any more mods that work really well with them? fyi, it was not fun fighting zombies that can open doors at night during the first night with nothing more than my slow short sword >.>

Yes you do as atleast one of them has new ores.

To get new content from mods you should make a new world (Thorium mod adds new ore). The door opening zombies are from Necro mod and using it might get a bit annoying after some time (Mostly mod added mobs will spawn which makes it harder to get vanilla loot)

Back
Top Bottom