Builds by Khaios

In what style do you view the Terraria Community Forums?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
WAit. So fences count as dwelling walls? I never knew that....
They are all supposed to, but at the moment iron fence is bugged and doesn't (I wanted the windows in my castle in the clouds to be made out of iron fence, but it made my housing invalid). I actually use fences on the insides of my buildings quite frequently, because I like the texture it adds ^.^

As far as I am concerned, all fences count as walls. Fences are, therefore, valid for housing.

Except, apparently, iron fence.
Which is stupid and needs to be fixed.

Can't download fort wilson? D:

When I post a build that I've done on my main build world, I only make it available for download if someone requests. That's because I will not be sharing my build world, so I'll need to copy/paste the build into a new world, and I don't want to do it if nobody is going to download it. Since you've brought it up, however, I'd be happy to get a download link for it. Just give me a few minutes to get it into a new world.

------- Edit:
There you go, the download link has been added to the thread's original post. Just keep in mind, it wasn't exactly built with the intention of people walking through it, so if you want to use it as a base of operations, you have a lot of actuating ahead of you ^.^

Last edited:
Thank you ^.^

That's a sizable request, and unfortunately I'm going to probably be too busy to fill it anytime soon.
Truth be told, I actually meant to close requests this week, but I forgot >.<
I'm not saying "no," (especially since I'm the one who forgot to close requests)
but if I take the request, don't expect to see it finished until late July to mid August.

If you're okay with waiting that long, I'd be happy to build one for you ^.^
It does sound like a fun idea!
Assuming you don't mind the wait, and would still like one built, do you know what you want it to look
like, in terms of a theme, or building mats, or size?

Sure, I wouldn't mind the wait! As for the theme, I'd love it if it were sort of like some sort of castle with wooden libraries and recreational areas mixed in, and then try and have the traps hidden and be able to maybe block off certain tunnels/pathways, with the gems being in a chest on either side. Multiple tunnels to each place, and as for the size, probably 500 blocks long in total? (I just kinda ran around with a gps equipped and though that may be good) And partially above/below ground. Ty! <3

Sure, I wouldn't mind the wait! As for the theme, I'd love it if it were sort of like some sort of castle with wooden libraries and recreational areas mixed in, and then try and have the traps hidden and be able to maybe block off certain tunnels/pathways, with the gems being in a chest on either side. Multiple tunnels to each place, and as for the size, probably 500 blocks long in total? (I just kinda ran around with a gps equipped and though that may be good) And partially above/below ground. Ty! <3
Alright, sounds good ^.^
I'll get started on it when I have free time.

Your buildings are great))
I love them very much!)
Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy them :D

---------------
Sorry for the lack of content this week, everyone. I've had absolutely zero spare time to play Terraria (I did mention that I'd be pretty busy for the next couple of months, no?). It looks like I'll have a wee bit of free time this week, though most of that will probably go to the adventure map. I may manage to squeeze out a small build, though (hopefully).

Take you time with building. Good art requires it and it's always nicer to see well made content than hasty random mess (So far, I don't think your creations include the latter). And no-one is a building robot that can act independently from human limitations. No need to be sorry. `:)

This abandoned/ruined house has a small patch of grass in it. The tall grass that happened to grow makes a sort of ironic shape, considering the state of the house it grew in. I thought I'd screenshot it and share it with you all before I accidentally cut the grass by attacking a slime. <3

Heart Grass.png

This abandoned/ruined house has a small patch of grass in it. The tall grass that happened to grow makes a sort of ironic shape, considering the state of the house it grew in. I thought I'd screenshot it and share it with you all before I accidentally cut the grass by attacking a slime. <3

View attachment 56753
Wow, nice work!) Love this) Need training to build some sort of ruins - its very atmospheric)

Wow, nice work!) Love this) Need training to build some sort of ruins - its very atmospheric)

Admittedly, I feel like these ruins didn't turn out nearly as well as the ones I built for Infernus, but thank you non-the-less! As for learning how to build them, I google search a lot of images, until I have the inspiration for the build I want. I don't copy an image exactly, but I use them to get a feel for how ruins may look (in this case, an abandoned house in a forest). Appropriate music can get me into a mind set for a build, as well. Dunno if that would work for you, but I usually listen to different genres depending on what I'll be working on. One last personal tip of my: sketching. I usually have a pencil and paper nearby, and I'll doodle a rough idea of what I want to accomplish. It's easier to build it in game, if I already have a good idea of what I'm after.

Not that you really need training...your buildings look fantastic already ^.^

Admittedly, I feel like these ruins didn't turn out nearly as well as the ones I built for Infernus, but thank you non-the-less! As for learning how to build them, I google search a lot of images, until I have the inspiration for the build I want. I don't copy an image exactly, but I use them to get a feel for how ruins may look (in this case, an abandoned house in a forest). Appropriate music can get me into a mind set for a build, as well. Dunno if that would work for you, but I usually listen to different genres depending on what I'll be working on. One last personal tip of my: sketching. I usually have a pencil and paper nearby, and I'll doodle a rough idea of what I want to accomplish. It's easier to build it in game, if I already have a good idea of what I'm after.

Not that you really need training...your buildings look fantastic already ^.^
Yes, I understand this approach) Sometimes I also have to do that - is the surest way to get inspiration)

And, thanks for good words)

Amazing builds!

These are simply astounding. Keep up the good work; I look forward to seeing more of your builds in the not-so-distant future.

Thank you both! I'm glad you guys like the builds!
------------------------------
On a side note, I want to spark an interest in building, so I've created a mini build competition! The prize will be a copy of Pixel Piracy ^.^
You all can check it out here.

Amazing builds. I certainly can't build at this level, but it certainly inspires me to do more with my builds than I have in the past! Think I'll take the I.S.F. Curator and turn it into a fully fledged base of operations for 1.3! I look forward to seeing your work in the future!

Amazing builds. I certainly can't build at this level, but it certainly inspires me to do more with my builds than I have in the past! Think I'll take the I.S.F. Curator and turn it into a fully fledged base of operations for 1.3! I look forward to seeing your work in the future!
Thank you! I'm glad I can be of some inspiration ^.^
I'd really like to see the Curator when you're done turning it into a base :D Have fun with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom