Builds by Khaios

In what style do you view the Terraria Community Forums?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still getting acquainted with 1.3, and I just discovered that when trying to place background walls, if I accidentally curse over a different type of wall that has already been placed, it gets knocked out, and the one in my hand gets placed instead. This feature is rather annoying when I'm trying to blend textures. Does anyone know if I can toggle this off, or will I just have to learn how to work around it?

Still getting acquainted with 1.3, and I just discovered that when trying to place background walls, if I accidentally curse over a different type of wall that has already been placed, it gets knocked out, and the one in my hand gets placed instead. This feature is rather annoying when I'm trying to blend textures. Does anyone know if I can toggle this off, or will I just have to learn how to work around it?
I remember seeing it somewhere, let me check...

EDIT: I think it is a secret setting that requires you to dig into the config file.
I believe it is called:
"UseSmartWallReplacement": true,

Setting it to "false," should solve your problem.
I don't know why the comma is there, but I wouldn't get rid of it.
I don't know how JSON files work.

Last edited:
I remember seeing it somewhere, let me check...

EDIT: I think it is a secret setting that requires you to dig into the config file.
I believe it is called:
"UseSmartWallReplacement": true,

Setting it to "false," should solve your problem.
I don't know why the comma is there, but I wouldn't get rid of it.
I don't know how JSON files work.
That did the trick ^.^ Thanks a million! You're the best :)

This will be my last post on this build thread, as I've decided to retire it. As Catz pointed out, new worlds, new computer, new patch--new build thread! If you're interested in checking it out, it should be easy enough to find, but just in case, I'll add a link to the OP of this thread, as well as a link here.

Thanks for everyone's support through my 1.2 adventures! I look forward to creating just as many adventures in 1.3! ^.^

This will be my last post on this build thread, as I've decided to retire it. As Catz pointed out, new worlds, new computer, new patch--new build thread! If you're interested in checking it out, it should be easy enough to find, but just in case, I'll add a link to the OP of this thread, as well as a link here.

Thanks for everyone's support through my 1.2 adventures! I look forward to creating just as many adventures in 1.3! ^.^

It was nice and chic curtain call. I'm always looking forward to watching your new builds, master
I6mNNpTU-wOgyDg6pnQjr6-ScexakfFS6PbJHyBOw_8=w29-h26-no

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom