tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.8%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,581 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
I'm looking forward to the post-moonlord stuff, because I hope it isn't as copy-pasted as prehardmode and premoonlord bosses with this mod. I mean, no offense, the bosses are quite tough and the sprites are nice- But, they already have different versions in vanilla. I hope some new concepts spring up from post-moonlord. :happy:

Oh, and I have a question- Why did you decide to make another pair of bosses for crimson and corruption that are in the same mode as the previous ones? I mean, I get the whole brain/worm thing, but for lore reasons it could make sense if the worms after BoC needed to develop to become like they are, or the Hive Mind was a stray part of the crimson that was infected by corruption and slowly turned into the Hive Mind.

I'm looking forward to the post-moonlord stuff, because I hope it isn't as copy-pasted as prehardmode and premoonlord bosses with this mod. I mean, no offense, the bosses are quite tough and the sprites are nice- But, they already have different versions in vanilla. I hope some new concepts spring up from post-moonlord. :happy:

Oh, and I have a question- Why did you decide to make another pair of bosses for crimson and corruption that are in the same mode as the previous ones? I mean, I get the whole brain/worm thing, but for lore reasons it could make sense if the worms after BoC needed to develop to become like they are, or the Hive Mind was a stray part of the crimson that was infected by corruption and slowly turned into the Hive Mind.

"Copy-pasted". As soon as I heard that I tuned out completely. If you look at any other mod that adds bosses you can see similarities in AI with vanilla, even Thorium.

I want to make it abundantly clear that all I care about is creating bosses that are fun and challenging, and if that means making them similar to vanilla then so be it.

Also, on the topic of the next minor update:
  1. Removed some items and updated all the recipes.
  2. Removed the Particle Accelerator and updated the countless recipes that used it as a crafting station :sigh:
  3. New Worm boss AIs are done.
  4. Sprites updated for quite a few items.
Cry myself to sleep over having to update the whole OP again...

Almost none of Calamity's bosses are a copy/paste. The only ones I'd even half agree with are Desert Scourge and MAYBE perforators, but they still have a gimmick not seen anywhere else but Skeletron. All others are almost wholly unique in how they move and are to be approached (yes, even Devourer, who is, or at least, was, more aggressive and mobile than Destroyer, relying less on probes.)

RIP Particle Accelerator, now I have to go back to making Adamantite/Titanium furnaces just to smelt :red:ing chlorophyte.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
oh wait I forgot thorium has soul forge

The archer potion doesn't work with the impaler ;(, And i can't buy stakes with it, i must have a stake launcher in my inventory

Most of the bosses are "copy-paste" in the same way most thorium/tremmor bosses are copy paste. Thorium mainly seems to use modified versions of the skeletron/eye of cthulu A.I.'s. We're doing no different, our bosses just simply resemble the source material more, for now at least.

RIP Particle Accelerator, now I have to go back to making Adamantite/Titanium furnaces just to smelt :red:ing chlorophyte.

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
oh wait I forgot thorium has soul forge

I promise, there will be a post-Moon Lord crafting station later on (similar to the Avalon Caesium Forge/Xeradon Anvil) after Providence has been defeated. The post-Moon Lord content will take a buttload of time to complete/perfect though, because I would like to add the proposed biomes (sea castle, ice castle, plague hive, and the cosmic/calamity biomes).

Almost none of Calamity's bosses are a copy/paste. The only ones I'd even half agree with are Desert Scourge and MAYBE perforators, but they still have a gimmick not seen anywhere else but Skeletron. All others are almost wholly unique in how they move and are to be approached (yes, even Devourer, who is, or at least, was, more aggressive and mobile than Destroyer, relying less on probes.)

Thank you :)

And the Devourer is crazy aggressive in the new update. His new AI is meant to betray him as a slow enemy, but once he drops below 40% HP it gets intense with him being able to outpace Falcon Boots. It's a difficult battle but still doable, I managed it with the appropriate gear that the player would have access to at that point in the game.

His post-Moon Lord AI is programmed to outpace Infinity Boots in Expert Mode when he gets below 10% life.

The archer potion doesn't work with the impaler ;(, And i can't buy stakes with it, i must have a stake launcher in my inventory

I'll look into this but I'm not sure I can do anything :(

Most of the bosses are "copy-paste" in the same way most thorium/tremmor bosses are copy paste. Thorium mainly seems to use modified versions of the skeletron/eye of cthulu A.I.'s. We're doing no different, our bosses just simply resemble the source material more, for now at least.

Exactly. I personally think the vanilla AI is pretty balanced in terms of movement. All you really need to do is take those AIs and add some really crazy projectiles and you have a cool boss fight, adding more phases helps as well to make it more interesting. Cryogen and Star Scouter both begin to fire different projectiles and summon enemies at different stages for example.

Exactly. I personally think the vanilla AI is pretty balanced in terms of movement. All you really need to do is take those AIs and add some really crazy projectiles and you have a cool boss fight, adding more phases helps as well to make it more interesting. Cryogen and Star Scouter both begin to fire different projectiles and summon enemies at different stages for example.
That's not even counting the upcoming bosses.

I heard the wyvern feather was planned on being removed, heres an idea instead, why not make it a rare drop like the other feathers and use it to make wyvern wings? Using the Wyvern Feather and 20 souls of flight. It wouldn't have too much flight power due to it being early hardmode wings.

I heard the wyvern feather was planned on being removed, heres an idea instead, why not make it a rare drop like the other feathers and use it to make wyvern wings? Using the Wyvern Feather and 20 souls of flight. It wouldn't have too much flight power due to it being early hardmode wings.

Yeah, I was planning something like this :)

An early hardmode wyvern tier would be a fun thing to experiment with. Perhaps the armor gives high movement speed and the set bonus could be that a baby wyvern is summoned to fight for you :3

Also, the Devourer screen shader looks pretty neat with the new Blizzard effect:
105600_screenshots_20160914115922_1.jpg

Apocalyptic expulsor
e243f54da0.jpg

b2648ee6dc.jpg
Shredder from Seeds of Evil, Turok 2
Madhous!?
d8d3533179.jpg

32854b10aa.jpg
idk what to guess on this
EDIT: No wait, some of the 3 below are turok 2 guns.

Back
Top Bottom