tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,584 26.3%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Bosses are better, but they are harder to make, and minibosses also add quite a nice spice to the game. Not as nice as a boss would, but just imagine Terraria without Wyverns, or Paladins, or(who else is a miniboss? Can't think of more right now)
Ice Golem, the new Sand Elemental.
The corruption, crimson, hallowed mimics.

Ice Golem, the new Sand Elemental.
The corruption, crimson, hallowed mimics.
I, uhh, forgot those were a thing.
Personally, my favorite mimic is the original. I just like the cross necklaces effect, once in 1.1 it was one of my favorite accessories. And I still just love it.

Bosses are better, but they are harder to make, and minibosses also add quite a nice spice to the game. Not as nice as a boss would, but just imagine Terraria without Wyverns, or Paladins, or(who else is a miniboss? Can't think of more right now)
Idk, would Mourning Wood and such be considered mini bosses?

When I think of Miniboses, I think back to old tConfig mods like Obsidian ( I believe it was ). Getting chased by a golem that could destroy huge chunks of blocks per attack was scary as hell. Or running into a dragon while trying to clear out lava for your hellivator. Or getting wholloped by a FF1 giant on the surface ...because he was just there, lol. Good times.

I also remembered earlier standalone RPG mods that made it so every monster type had a chance to spawn as a "super boss" or champion type instead; which basically just increased all their stats ( and size ) by a whole bunch.

The little bit of additional randomness ( and often panic ) during your exploration / dig was nice. Something you just can't plan for like you do actual bosses.

That was Omnir's mod, to be precise. In my book, a miniboss is just a strong monster that spawns without your consent. Ice golem, the new sand spirit thing, and the 'midbosses' in the festive moons all count, as would Thorium's patchwerk. This would also make the naturally occuring Perferators in Calamity midbosses.

I resprited the Victide Bar using the palette of the other items (Which was really good to work with), so they would match better.
Victide Bar.png

Did the "unneccessary items removed" include the particle accelerator, wyvern feather, living dew droplet, and verstalltite (or however you spell it)?

All of these became completely useless after the update and all bar the wyvern feather lost their texture as well.

Did the "unneccessary items removed" include the particle accelerator, wyvern feather, living dew droplet, and verstalltite (or however you spell it)?

All of these became completely useless after the update and all bar the wyvern feather lost their texture as well.
Particle Accelerator is gone, but a new crafting station after the WIP boss Providence is defeated will replace it, the Feather and droplets are gone and not needed. Verstaltite Bars still exist but just need Essences of Eleum, Stardust and the ore. Cruptix Bars need only the ore and Cinder Cores. The Chaos Serpent Shards are gone.

Also the recipe that used the Xenopopper is gone.

Last edited:
Happy has started a new playthrough with Calamity and Thorium! FuryForged (a great let's player) is also doing a playthrough with this installed. Gameraiders is still doing his active playthroughs with this mod as always :)

If there are any other YouTubers that are doing a playthrough with Calamity it would be great to know, since then I could consider adding them to the mod page.

Back
Top Bottom