tModLoader Calamity Mod

What would you like me to create more of?

• NPCs (enemies, house NPCs, etc.)

Votes: 1,170 19.5%
  • Bosses

Votes: 2,450 40.7%
  • Items (Accessories, Weapons, etc.)

Votes: 1,585 26.4%
  • Vanity (furniture, armor sets, etc.)

Votes: 438 7.3%
  • Mineable Stuff (Ores, Blocks, etc.)

Votes: 372 6.2%

• Total voters
Oh my god!!! They will nerf SCal when yharin and others are added? Then I must hurry and try to defeat her at least on revegeance mode.

+ please, do not keep complaining about how hard a boss is.l, leviathan and a lot of people did, and before you anything like "i am not like they, I cannot defeat her" Or "if they do, that doesn't mean I can" that is alot of self disbelief, try to defeat her like that because I am pretty sure that they will move the dev weapons to post-yharin whose fight I strongly believe that will be way harder than the actual version of SCal, believe when me and the others say, it will be a great of defeating her.

I remember the Times where Supreme Calamitas was a upcoming feature and everyone was hyped for her. (barely a year to be honest).

Another thing if you are almost raging for losing over and over to her, try to stop playing that for a while and try again while you calmed down,
Even I am trying to eradicate that attitude for me, if some thing really gets on my nerves I become very irrational (some thing that i don't do otherwise), and later when I calm down I regret raging like that.
Yeah! Taking a break every once in a while is a smart idea anyways

Oh my god!!! They will nerf SCal when yharin and others are added? Then I must hurry and try to defeat her at least on revegeance mode.

+ please, do not keep complaining about how hard a boss is.l, leviathan and a lot of people did, and before you anything like "i am not like they, I cannot defeat her" Or "if they do, that doesn't mean I can" that is alot of self disbelief, try to defeat her like that because I am pretty sure that they will move the dev weapons to post-yharin whose fight I strongly believe that will be way harder than the actual version of SCal, believe when me and the others say, it will be a great of defeating her.

I remember the Times where Supreme Calamitas was a upcoming feature and everyone was hyped for her. (barely a year to be honest).

Another thing if you are almost raging for losing over and over to her, try to stop playing that for a while and try again while you calmed down,
Even I am trying to eradicate that attitude for me, if some thing really gets on my nerves I become very irrational (some thing that i don't do otherwise), and later when I calm down I regret raging like that.

Self disbelief isn't typically the issue here... we're moreso complaining about how a very specific mechanic of hers is unfair to the player, even if it is technically possible to deal with. Possible, however, does not always mean fair.

Technically, it is possible for a human being to outwrestle a gorilla. Anyone, technically, is capable of doing so, especially if they're built in such a way that it becomes easier to do. But is that a fair fight? No.

Sorry for causing any anger on your part. Enjoy the fight while it remains as it is.

Self disbelief isn't typically the issue here... we're moreso complaining about how a very specific mechanic of hers is unfair to the player, even if it is technically possible to deal with. Possible, however, does not always mean fair.

Technically, it is possible for a human being to outwrestle a gorilla. Anyone, technically, is capable of doing so, especially if they're built in such a way that it becomes easier to do. But is that a fair fight? No.

Sorry for causing any anger on your part. Enjoy the fight while it remains as it is.

-Sorry for causing any anger on your part. Enjoy the fight while it remains as it is.-

Oh no, you misunderstood me,
The commentary about the anger issue was to avoid any assumptions or worries (?) Because I said " when something gets on my nerves I get very irrational" so i just said that to clear it out.

-Technically, it is possible for a human being to outwrestle a gorilla. Anyone, technically, is capable of doing so, especially if they're built in such a way that it becomes easier to do. But is that a fair fight? No.-

English is not my native language, So I don't know what outwrestle means, like get outranged.

-Self disbelief isn't typically the issue here... we're more so complaining about how a very specific mechanic of hers is unfair to the player, even if it is technically possible to deal with. Possible, however, does not always mean fair.-

When I was reading through the comentarys that seemed the problem.

I never looked at her fight as unfair.

-Sorry for causing any anger on your part. Enjoy the fight while it remains as it is.-

Oh no, you misunderstood me,
The commentary about the anger issue was to avoid any assumptions or worries (?) Because I said " when something gets on my nerves I get very irrational" so i just said that to clear it out.

-Technically, it is possible for a human being to outwrestle a gorilla. Anyone, technically, is capable of doing so, especially if they're built in such a way that it becomes easier to do. But is that a fair fight? No.-

English is not my native language, So I don't know what outwrestle means, like get outranged.

-Self disbelief isn't typically the issue here... we're more so complaining about how a very specific mechanic of hers is unfair to the player, even if it is technically possible to deal with. Possible, however, does not always mean fair.-

When I was reading through the comentarys that seemed the problem.

I never looked at her fight as unfair.

outwrestle means to defeat, in this case with your hands and body strength on its own,

and it may be a good idea to keep an open mind with how bosses are viewed. there are issues, even the developers think so to a degree.

Wait are people STILL talking about how S.Cal's Bossfight is BS and stuff?
I left for a week and everyone is still raving over it, can we move past this already? The devs already told us the BS factor is getting removed later on.

Supreme Calamitas is currently the final boss is supposed to be ridiculously hard. You're supposed to have a very hard time defeating him so that you'll enjoy the rewards

just for clarification (i've been following the forum thread for quite a while but this may not be totally accurate):

1. Calamitas and her other versions will get a visual revamp later on but for now she still conserves the demonic eye design
2. Amidias was hinted to be an NPC rather than a boss (not sure if the Calamity team changed that later on, let alone thinking of adding him)
3. Draedon and Yharim are the last characters missing to add as final bosses
4. i dont know much about Goozma but its supposed to be an optional boss that fulfills the prophecy of all the slimes combining into a single entity
5. i dont know much about Andromeda either but i guess she was scrapped due to the difficulty of coding her along with her massive sprite (she's supposed to be larger than the Moon Lord amirite?)

so basically, the current Superboss will be toned down and will get a visual change while 3-4 more bosses are added in the future but this is mostly bassed on forum and discord comments so everything is subject to changes.

just for clarification (i've been following the forum thread for quite a while but this may not be totally accurate):

1. Calamitas and her other versions will get a visual revamp later on but for now she still conserves the demonic eye design
2. Amidias was hinted to be an NPC rather than a boss (not sure if the Calamity team changed that later on, let alone thinking of adding him)
3. Draedon and Yharim are the last characters missing to add as final bosses
4. i dont know much about Goozma but its supposed to be an optional boss that fulfills the prophecy of all the slimes combining into a single entity
5. i dont know much about Andromeda either but i guess she was scrapped due to the difficulty of coding her along with her massive sprite (she's supposed to be larger than the Moon Lord amirite?)

so basically, the current Superboss will be toned down and will get a visual change while 3-4 more bosses are added in the future but this is mostly bassed on forum and discord comments so everything is subject to changes.
In Discord it was confirmed Draedon will be a pre-SCal boss and Yharim the final normal boss. After him, Goozma will be the next one and the first superboss. The final final and second superboss' identity is unknown.

Supreme Calamitas is currently the final boss is supposed to be ridiculously hard. You're supposed to have a very hard time defeating him so that you'll enjoy the rewards
*her, and while it is true that a superboss is supposed to be hard to defeat, there is a difference between real difficulty and fake difficulty. The hitcap (and the instadeath if damage per hit = less than 20) falls into the second category, imo.

im a chair
Hi @a chair, welcome to the forums. Just a quick note to let you know these types of messages are more suited for posting on your own profile page, and not within a discussion thread. If you are posting in a thread it needs to contribute to the topic - in this case, talking about the Calamity mod.

Let me know if you have any questions. You can click the 'Start a Conversation' link under my avatar at the bottom to send me a private message.

Hi all! I'm running Calamity version 1.3.4.103 and it's great so far, but I seem to be hitting two rather large issues. First and foremost I cannot get any Planetoids to spawn in any size world. I hadn't looked into the wiki until it was too late and had already gotten past the Wall of Flesh before I realized that Planetoids were even a thing. Secondly, I have a strange issue with the Hallow. Instead of the Hallow spawning on the WoF's defeat, the Corruption simply spread. Stranger still, the background will display the Hallow's rainbows and general happiness when I'm in the Corruption, but it's nothing but purple creepiness and Corruption materials all the way down to the lava levels. Is there any way to resolve these issues?

it's a "her"

but yes, that's the point, it's a "super-boss". It's about as bull:red: as trying to defeat Raid bosses solo in Borderlands 2

"It's supposed to be rewarding when you get past the bull:red: mechanics!"

I'm going to reference a certain game that does what I'm trying to say has been done by the rest of the mod, and has not been done in that fight.

Dark Souls bosses, for a majority of their existence, are built entirely around the player and their ability to dodge, time and cope with the difficulty they are placed in. Each one of them can be incredibly hard, unforgettably grueling, and getting through their fight in the end usually leaves you with relief rather than joy. However, the thing I personally admire most about these bosses is that (again, a majority of) them do not pull random mechanics out of nowhere that you have never dealt with before, and the mechanics that are introduced for that boss fight alone are still built in such a way that either the environment you fight them in (such as the arena) can help you with defeating them, or there are very evident, telltale signs that such a thing will be used by them. This can lead to players that have never fought the boss before performing in such a way that they can accomplish a victory in their very first attempt.

Terraria, and this mod by extension, is not very different with how bosses are designed. A majority of the bosses in this mod alone are built around allowing the player to understand and deal with the mechanics they find, either because they've experienced them in a less dangerous, calmer setting prior, such as the Devourer's laser portals that are summoned by one of his Sentinels, or they are very obvious in what they change, such as the Devourer's laser walls, or his ability to invert gravity and switch between passive and aggressive modes. These mechanics are built to be very difficult, yet very fair. Several other bosses feature mechanics like these in this mod, and even in the game itself, as the Moon Lord will make it very evident when he's using his phantasmal laser, and he does not direct it onto you the moment he fires it, allowing you to either fail to deal with the set up, or avoid taking damage that will likely kill you instantly, especially in Expert.

And then Supreme Calamitas, with no warning or setup, introduces an unfair mechanic the player has never seen in any boss prior in this mod or the game itself, killing you instantly even if you are able to cope with everything else she's introduced on top of this (an arena of blocks, the bullet hells, the everlasting monstrous moon orb things, Sepulcher itself.) Each and every other mechanic is introduced to you in waves, as the fight literally begins with a bullet hell, and they progressively amp up their difficulty as you progress further into the fight. Even her brothers have been introduced to you before in the first Calamitas fight, making you aware entirely that she will likely summon them in the Supreme Calamitas battle.

Instant death by a hit counter, however... not so much. Do you really have to question why we believe it to be unfair, or out of nowhere? The fact that this thing exists doesn't define it as a super-boss by any standards; tacking on random effects, buffs and mechanics that make the game frustrating doesn't define it as harder, it just makes it more frustrating. Difficulty can be achieved by literally any other method than this. And as stated by a user above me, not very long ago...

while it is true that a superboss is supposed to be hard to defeat, there is a difference between real difficulty and fake difficulty. The hitcap (and the instadeath if damage per hit = less than 20) falls into the second category, imo.

Imagine if you've fought all your life with a sword, against people that have also used swords. You're used to them using swords, some bigger, some smaller. But they've always been swords, and you've adapted to this; your entire life has been this.

Supreme Calamitas takes out a shotgun and just shoots you. It isn't hard to beat her, it's just stupid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom